About spminiatures

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Carol
  • Country
    United States
  1. If I understand the problem, the lamp won't work when it's plugged in. To check to see if it's the lamp itself, test the wires from the lamp directy to the transformer or preferably the lead in wire. Touch one wire from the lamp to the prong on the lead in wire and the other wire from the lamp to the other prong. This is how I test lights before I ship them. If the light works, it's your wiring. I also understand that you have a problem with putting the wires through the little holes in the plug. So do I. Often the holes aren't "clean" I. take a thick pin and run push it into the hole from the side opening and then run the pin into the plug from the top to the bottom. I hope I've understood the problem correctly and that my possible solutions are clear.
  2. I tried the Cir-kit switches and they were awful. They kept breaking. I gave up on them and now I just pull the plug. I found that the inline switches on the lead in wires also break easily. I wouldn't mount it because they do get hot.
  3. My email addy was removed. I have "throwaway" email addys which you can use. Email me at spminis@yahoo.com and I'll email back a copy of his retail price list. To whomever is removing email addresses from posts, I appreciate it, but you can leave this one in. It's filled with spam already.
  4. I have his current retail price list. If you email me privately at, I can scan the list and send it to you. He has sales 1-2 times a year with 20% off so take that into account with your pricing.
  5. I insure through American Collectors Insurance. I've never read my policy but I'm not sure that it covers flood.. You should check with them.
  6. You can use just a regular 12 V battery. You attach one wire to one side, and the other wire to the other side. I was using that method for awhile to test lights before shipping. I seem to remember leaving the wires attached to the battery and it got quite hot after a while. Keep that in mind. I have the battery powered lights on my site. They are great for adding a light to a room that can't be wired.
  7. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I have been extremely busy. I live in NJ but I don't go to the store. The reason is that I got into the mini business and now have no time for the hobby side of minis. Let that be a lesson to those thinking about turning their mini hobby into a businss. The business had been sold and was closed for a bit. I haven't been back since they reopened so I can't tell you if it's better with the new owners.
  8. I saw the segment and I thought that it was good. The wife made her case for spending the money. I thought the show was great for the hobby as it brought out that it dollhouses are for adults. I used to go to the Lebanon Dollhouse Factory when I first started in the hobby (17 years ago). They had very nice artisan pieces and a very good stock of lumber. The store closed for awhile and new owners took over. When I went back, they still had a good lumber stock but less artisan pieces. The town of Lebanon is tiny and very cute.
  9. I put a beam of wood across the ceiling and hung the light from that.
  10. The flexshaft is wonderful for getting into areas that you wouldn't otherwise be able to access. I use my dremel for many other non-mini related projects. It's a very handy tool.
  11. I may not have understood you. If I did, then I do it a bit differently. I've extended wires many times because I often want a longer wire. I use get another piece of wire, wrap it around the wire attached to the light, slip the heat shrink tubing over the area where the wires are connected, and then heat the tubing.
  12. I didn't think that the chandelier was that heavy. The battery is the thin, watch type kind. The light comes with a sticky pad to attach it and I think that will hold. If not, you can use super glue because the light unscrews to change the battery.
  13. I recently started selling them after seeing them at a show. They are not the prettiest lights around but they do serve a purpose for roomboxes or adding lights to a room after it's finished. So far they are good sellers. If you're curious they're on my site at http://spminiatures....ryoperated.html
  14. I don't have a bathroom in my servant's quarters and I don't have a kitchen in my main house. I wanted a large kitchen and that would have taken up too much room. I made the servant's quarters the kitchen. Turns out that in the old days the kitchens weren't in the main house because of the potential for fire.
  15. Sorry for the delayed post but I was on vacation. Ironically I was at Universal Studios in Florida checking out their new Harry Potter section. Thanks for mentioning the bottles and chemistry stuff I have on my site. I also have some wizard type jars etc on the site on this page http://www.spminiatures.com/witches.html