gttygrl

Silver Member
  • Last visited

27 Excellent

About gttygrl

Profile Information

• Interests
    Painting, knitting, crocheting, photography, cats, Boston Red Sox, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and playing 8-ball on 9-foot tables.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Paula
  • Country
    United States
  1. Cute house! And a great deal. I totally want the Classic Bungalow, just 'cause it looks just like Buffy's house. Of course, there's also the part where I want ALL THE HOUSES.
  2. The cabinets and counters are gorgeous, did you make them yourselves?
  3. I have Sims 3, which has more building options, but I don't play it often. I just really hate having to manage every minute of their lives--there's never enough time in the day to get everything done *and* make relationships. Too frustrating. I love the ones I've seen online, but they're all so specific in their poses, I know that would annoy me eventually.
  4. It's ok, Kat! I've always liked playing the Sims for the house-building-and-furnishing aspect. The characters always annoy me.
  5. That's a lot of Barbies up there! I love the pic of the Marine Barbie, and I think I had a Ballerina Barbie once upon a time--it sounds familiar, at least. All of my (collectible) Barbies are still in their boxes, 'cause I'm OCD like that. I had most of my childhood Barbies up until a few years ago, when I sent them all to daughters of friends, except for my blonde Darcy doll, which was my favorite and now sits on the bookcase in the living room in her snazzy silver-and-salmon dress. Merlin and Morgana are displayed on the shelf (in their box), but unfortunately space is still an issue, so all the others are in a closet.
  6. >My first-ever Barbie is the USMC Master Sergeant Barbie; I got her in my early 50s That sounds like an awesome Barbie! Do you have a picture?
  7. Did you make that breakfast bar yourself? I want to put one in my Orchid, but haven't yet begun to think about how to do it.
  8. I've always been very fond of dolls of all kinds. I'm pretty sure my parents worried about me when I was a preteen and still playing with Barbies. I used to collect the really cool Barbies, until I moved into a much smaller apartment. I gave away my less favorites to the children of friends and colleagues, and kept my most favorites or the ones with sentimental value--Egyptian Barbie, Medieval Lady Barbie, Wonder Woman Barbie, Merlin and Morgana, etc. I love the Monster High dolls, but I don't own any, 'cause I know I'd go overboard on them. Instead, I buy them for every birthday and Christmas for all the nieces and friends' daughters on my list.
  9. Adorbs! They look straight out of Little House on the Prairie.
  10. Dolls are adorable! Fortunately I only like contemporary dolls--the choices for those are far fewer than the period dolls. (Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?) In bad news, after drooling over the DHE website, I now find myself looking up pounds-to-dollars conversions. Yikes!
  11. elfprincess: Having just googled the Malibu Beach House, I can honestly say, holy crap, woman, of course you couldn't pass that by! It's gorgeous! I can only assume the others are as well, but I'll google them when I get to work. (Running a tad late at the moment.) A few weeks ago I spent an obscene amount of money (for me) at Michael's. I was a little panicked at how much I'd spent and brought it up with my therapist. (I live in California, we all have therapists.) She said if it made me happy, then it was money well spent. Gotta love validation like that! rackey: Thanks! The last time I was really into miniatures, the web didn't exist yet, so I was restricted by long drives to the nearest miniature shop, and once-a-year shows at the local convention center, so my spending was at least restricted by inconvience. Now, though, it's dangerously at my fingertips. I'll need to find a way to be careful before it gets away from me, like my yarn habit....and my book habit....etc.
  12. gttygrl

2014 03 08 17.25.37

Thanks! I love scrapbook paper so much, I wish I was more of a papercrafter so I'd be able to work with it more often.
  13. gttygrl

My Orchid

Photos of the building process of the Orchid. Originally started way back in June 2012, put on hold for 18 months, picked back up again March 2014.
  14. Thanks, Kat! I don't even know why I'm buying more dolls, since I'm planning to donate this house at Christmas. I guess those are just the ones I couldn't resist when I thought I was only browsing.