• Last visited

0 Neutral

About GarfieldThumbelina

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.liloandlou.com/

Profile Information

• Interests
    Stephanie Veltri is a supporter of animal rights. She has been deeply motivated by animal rights activist and celebrity Doris Day who has founded DDAF. Ms. Day’s lovely hotel in Carmel called the Cypress Inn is not only tastefully designed, but dogs are welcome there. “I think all hotels should be like this! After all, our dogs deserve the very best,” Stephanie says. Designer Nancy Corzine having two Yorkshire Terriers has inspired Stephanie in including your pets in your home design. “Be inspired,” Nancy told her once. Stephanie took that advice and thought, “That is exactly what I will do.”

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Stephanie
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

771 profile views
  1. Hi Amy, I would recommend sanding all of the edges of wooden pieces first. Next, it would help to prime the wood with white paint. The white looks nice on the edges that show instead of the brown wood color (especially with the colors you are using). Make sure you keep your pieces together, so you know where they will go in order to follow the Greenleaf directions. As tempting as it is to get the house "up and running" ALWAYS select and apply wall coverings and paper flooring BEFORE assembling your house! It will look cleaner and save you time in the long run. Wood flooring can be applied after. Happy to help with any other questions! Best of luck, and your color choices sound lovely! -Stephanie Interior Designer ASID Affiliate Proud owner of the Garfield Greenleaf "Thumbelina"
  2. Please check out my newest dollhouse the Greenleaf Corona Concepts Laurel and Primrose Dollhouse & Extension. The furniture is in the works!
  3. New Photos Are In! I have posted the photos of my newest project- The Greenleaf Corona Concepts Laurel Dollhouse & Primrose Extension Kit. Another work in progress. I have additionally posted a photo of the Corona Concepts Patio Furniture Kit! Happy Building! http://lagrandemaisongreenleafgarfield.blogspot.com/
  4. Hi Holly, I purchased the Melissa and Doug sets for the rooms. I am painting them white since they are mostly in brown woods. They seem to be very sturdy. I figure Vera won't be playing with the house until she is much older. I will try and gets some photos taken this week to show you my progress.
  5. Exciting News.....I am nearing completion of my newest creation... The Laurel/Primrose Dollhouse By Corona Concepts! A much quicker build than the Greenleaf Garfield I am happily able to send it to my niece Vera who was born in May. Ofcourse she is too young to enjoy it, but it will make a fabulous addition to her bedroom. Her bedroom is in lavender, pale green and white. My in-laws have a vacation home in Vermont, so I am calling this house Vera's Vermont Vacation Home. I am working away on painting the furniture for it. I can't wait to photograph it and show it to you all! I chose a more user friendly furniture-Bespaq is too fragile for children. I highly recommend the Laurel Kit and the Primrose extension for beginner dollhouse architects!
  6. Check out the new photos I have uploaded of my Garfield Greenleaf Thumbelina Dollhouse! I am happy to announce it is close to completion. French meets Victorian!
  7. Please visit my blog for the Garfield Greenleaf Thumbelina! The top floor is in the works for The Nursery, The Nanny's Quarters, & a Room for the Little Boy!
  8. Check out my updates and work inside the Greenleaf Garfield Thumbelina. There are different types of parquet floors in the works featuring French Decor. See my blog!
  9. Up to this point it has taken me 2 months to do as much work as I have on my miniature home. This includes working most days of the week and putting many hours into it. Michael Sue Nanos of Ms. Peggy's Place in Pacific Beach, California says she recommends you not try and put the entire house together for a Christmas gift. She says it is a good idea to wrap the kit and make it a project for the family due to the length of time it takes to make a complete dollhouse. Or, you can put the lit together, prime it, and then work on it with the lucky receiver.
  10. I minored in painting in my first degree. You can use acrylics as long as you prime the wood first to protect it from moisture and dammage. Gesso works fine on siding to use for primer. I used Killz on the actual wood on my Garfield Thumbelina to protect it for years to come. I purchased Painter's Palette Premium Quality Hobby Paint for my miniature home. It works very nicely and has a wonderful gloss to it. Plus, it is very easy to clean up if it gets anywhere.
  11. Hi Leaken1966, I minored in painting in my first degree. You can use acrylics as long as you prime the wood first to protect it from moisture and dammage. Gesso works fine on siding to use for primer. I used Killz on the actual wood on my Garfield Thumbelina to protect it for years to come. I purchased Painter's Palette Premium Quality Hobby Paint for my miniature home. It works very nicely and has a wonderful gloss to it. Plus, it is very easy to clean up if it gets anywhere. Warm Regards, Stephanie
  12. Hi Merry, In interior design school we learn that sconces should be placed at 6'-0." This means they should be hung at 6" in 1" scale which is what your house is in. The reason this is done is to insure that most will not hit their head on the fixture. Warm Regards, Stephanie
  13. I have found that there are several miniature books that help in designing a miniature home. The Mini books are The Pistner House, Le Grand Livre de la maison miniatures and Magnificent Miniatures. Hope you get a chance to enjoy them!