Michelle
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

612 profile views
  1. michelle

Mckinley

almost ready to try this treatment! Wish me LUCK!!!LOL
  2. I agree with everyone's comments!BRAVO and love the light shed!! looks sooo real!
  3. michelle

michelle d'errico

minifun
  4. michelle

mckinley bash

an old mckinley i dusted off and added to-ready to do electric! The roof toll some serious time-the second floor will have a hip roof going across-I am planning on brick/stucco and slate roof-I am going to hard wire though-i have an old houseworks thingy that lets you conrol 8 separate switches-6 bulbs on each-houseworks #2200-anyone ever use this? Also anyone know if brodnax makes thier Monkey rug in 1/2 scale? Thanks will keep you posted!!!!!!!!!!
  5. michelle

IMG_0462.jpg

Obviously i have been out of touch!!LOL the couch is mini graphics and the ent center it creekside form towne square minis! I am glad you got a mckinley-i just finished the porch with slate-i got this real slate from richard stacey for a steal in one of my travels and like the way it looks-i am using plastic wrought iron as railings-just figuring the posts-
  6. I love my scroll saw-I use a straight edge and carpet knife to score the project and then follow the score with the scroll-works fine! Glad to hear feedback on the Trio!!! I am drooling for it!!! I may as well tell "cranky" STOP SHOWIN OFF!!!!LOL!!! I LOVE!!! your door!! Your are incredible! An inspiration as I need to make interior doors for the Mckinley and i want to panel them. I will give it a try-but love your arched windows! If anyone is interested ...I have a micro mark mini circular saw that i am selling.
  7. ha ha!! The big ? is WHEN i am finished!!! Feel like i am never gonna get done-today i tried the painted "sand" look with this bag of "syuff" i found in my basement to add texture to paint and it looked awful- i wiped it off-settled on the idea of regular sand paint-i did it on my harrison and recall good results, but then i found this egg crate stuff i saved from a package awhile ago-guess i'll cut some bricks and see how they come out-keep ya posted!
  8. Thanks Holly!! Good ideas-much appreciated
  9. I am truly considering trying out Cjme's stone technique on the mckinley-i was going to stucco the tower and brick the window on second floor-(i have these brick slips from richard stacey-they are really thin real brick) and brick the 1.5" extension on the left of the tower with the stuccoed tower inbetween-but that egg carton stone work looks awesome!-i also have real vermont slate shingles for the roof, little slate pieces i collected in vt for the porch floor. Yesterday i went to Miniature Manor here in my town and picked up wrought iron railing for the porch- What do you think? Help!!!! Also any suggestion on how to finish the steps? my little slate pieces? AHHHHHH!!!! This is soooo fun! Thanks for any help you can offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. michelle

IMG_2342.JPG

So you just used the tutorial as a guide and cut the cartons into stones and used no grout as far as i can see? Looks awesome!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! yOU REALLY DO OUTSTANDING WORK!
  11. michelle

sink

I know what you mean about the floors- i would just go over them with new ones-sm goode sells nice flooring and Earth and tree miniatures have some too-i couldnt get the floors shiny enough with the paper backing they seem to lack depth
  12. I have a microlux that was given to me a long time ago i am a bit scared of it though- i am thinking of selling it- i used it once and got kick back! probably my being extremely cautious around it- i have the cheap little thingy Judith mentioned from Harbor Freight-works great and is Affordable! I get around straight cuts by using a metal ruler, a carpet knife and my trusty dremel scroll saw- i just measure, run a few passes with the carpet knife and scroll a straight line in the groove. but the miter saw is really ok! Good Luck