• Gender Female

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Susan
  • Country Canada
  1. I've taken the plunge and ordered the kit. As I write this, it is basking in the sun at the USPS sorting facility in Florida. Mail being what it is between the US and Canada, I'm sure it will be a couple more weeks before I see it. I'd like to do some pre-planning and the online description states it is 11 7/8" wide and 12 1/8" deep. I'm not sure which side they are calling wide and which side they are calling deep. Can someone help me out with these measurements please?
  2. Upper Deck

3. Miniature manual for building

From the album Les Shoppes turned Residential

© Susan Wilde

4. Construction begins

© Susan Wilde

5. Renovated front view

© Susan Wilde

6. Original view of the interior

© Susan Wilde

7. Original view from the front

© Susan Wilde

8. Original view from the side

© Susan Wilde

9. Hi from CA!

Welcome from another newbie. I do understand taking over the dining room table as that's where I've been doing all my work.
  10. Diving back into the miniature world.

Thanks Mike. A team build, as in the same room, at the same time, working on the same project? Could be very interesting. I do however, think a joint project in the future would be fun.
  11. Diving back into the miniature world.

Jennifer posted some great photos of it and there's a few more on my blog http://thesmallpartofmyworld.blogspot.ca/ Holly, before I found out it was originally meant to be a store, my first thoughts were a brownstone style. Lene, one of the things I do like about it the most is the small, square space it takes. The base is around 21" square.
  12. Diving back into the miniature world.

Thanks again to everyone for such a warm welcome. Instead of doing the Les Shoppes as a store, I think I'm going to convert it to a house. I think the open concept will work well for a contemporary home. It is exciting to be able to share this hobby with my daughter as it's a real treat to share something so exciting with someone special.
  13. Diving back into the miniature world.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm really excited to be here and the more Les Shoppes sits on my kitchen table, the more I'm getting excited about working on it. Jennifer your're on for the trade for electrical and glue for magnets and breakfast sandwiches.