• Days Won

anthrogirl last won the day on February 22

anthrogirl had the most liked content!

140 Excellent

1 Follower

About anthrogirl

Profile Information

• Interests
    Knitting, sewing, doll collection (mostly ABJDs and Blythes) juggling and now dollhouse building!

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Sam
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,896 profile views
  1. anthrogirl

Todd St. House (Creatin' Contest 2016)

Down to the wire again, even though I had all year to finish it I was still scrambling in December to get it finished! The house was inspired partially by a fantastic set design at our Opera's production of Sweeney Todd, with a hint of The Burrow from Harry Potter. as usual I was on a pretty tight budget, so most of the house was made from scratch. Special thanks to Mom for encouraging me to re-take the pictures (they're much better this time!) and Dad for helping cut the particle board.
  2. anthrogirl

the interior

Thank you! credit for the idea goes to the very talented Caroline of Cinderella Moments (she posted a great tutorial about how she did hers here)the titles were a ton of work but definitely worth it in the end.
  3. anthrogirl

Creatin' Contest 2015 :D

my little artist cottage, this one was inspired by my Mom - she's an artist that love to garden and she likes the desert and succulents. I had a tiny budget so I handmade almost every piece of furniture (I think the only store bought one was the potting area cabinet outside) the mugs and blue pitcher are from ELF and the little ceramic pots are from JoAnns and Michaels. fun fact: the fireplace started out life as a bottle my brothers 'gorilla snot' hair jell :)
  4. I barely finished mine! got it photographed and submitted this afternoon. (will post pictures after the 16th ) I hadn't had time to work on it for months so it's not perfect but I'm just glad I got it submitted!
  5. Thank you Thanks! I did take a while (I watched something like 8 season of Greys Anatomy on netflix while making the details) Thank you it was soooo much fun! I'm hoping to make some seasonal goodies (like the Easter eggs and Valentines day hearts) eventually so I can change out the stock depending on the season. fortunately the mini candies are very low calorie LOL my little sister says the shop need some chocolate perfume or some kind of room freshener that smells like chocolate (no idea where to find one though!)
  6. I forgot to take any more update pictures, but the shop is finished! http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=7230
  7. anthrogirl

See's Candy shop

I'd liked the Storybook cottage kit for a while and once the idea hit me to make it into a See's candy shop I couldn't wait to get started (for those of you who haven't been to one See's is a California based Chocolate shop that's been making delicious chocolates since 1921)except for the flooring everything in the shop was handmade by me over the last 3 months.
  8. after musing over what to make with this kit an idea struck me now I can't wait to get started but I promised myself I'd finish my current project (a See's candy shop) before I buy this kit!
  9. I'm so excited about this kit! I've been researching tiny houses for years and my favorite one is the maxwell cottage by cabin fever and it must have been the inspiration for this creatin kit since they're almost identical! I'm definitely getting one (hopefully I'll finish this one on time
  10. Yes,further research is definitely required: ) and I got a bunch of work done on the interior of the shop and made some tiny lollipops
  11. Made some tiny peppermint twists today the red and white candy is fimo clay and the wrapper is thin clear packing tape
  12. Sounds adorable <3 as of last week (my last visit to See's ) they had the classic white paper, black and white checkered paper and a red/gold holiday wrapping paper.
  13. Welcome to the hobby the Orchid was my first dollhouse too! I didn't bash mine, but I did bash my 2nd dollhouse (a Primrose cottage turned Tudor) so I definitely recommend bashing if the house calls for it