• Real Name
    Samantha
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

578 profile views
  1. SamBates

Exterior 3/4

I especially love the shingle color! I've been looking all over for wood stain that's pink. Did you use paint or stain or what?
  2. The paint is looking better now. I've glued on all the trim and I'm working on the door. I can't find any hinges in the right size, which is a bummer.
  3. Ugh! I started to paint the outside of the house today and it's not looking very good. I had to use a small brush to get around all the windows and now the paint looks... patchy. Yikes.
  4. I've never seen or used it, but I was wondering if it might have been the better choice. At this point I'm sick of sanding stuff though.
  5. Well, since the forum got changed around I can't find where to start a blog or a gallery, but I have my own blog here. Right now I'm working on filling in gaps and cracks with wood filler. It's harder than I thought. Wood filler is not the consistency I was hoping for. Maybe I could just put plants around the outside of the house? I am thinking of plenty of ways to hide things.
  6. Looking good! I am going to start the roof on mine after this week (finals) and I've been wondering the same thing. I saw pictures awhile ago of a Buttercup with shingles that were stained pink and I really liked it. I did read once that the shingles are so thin and small that they warp very easily. Maybe that was just one person's experience, but when I put polyurethane on my house floors they were SUPER messed up, so I can see that happening with tiny shingles too. When you put the stucco on the outside, did you worry about anything leaking through the cracks and onto the inside? I'm about to do wood filler all over the outside and wondering if I should use painter's tape to try and save the wallpaper in case of an accident.
  7. Thanks for the pictures! I hadn't planned on venturing into putting together furniture on the first house, but I'm picky and really want that bed, so I guess I'll have to build it.
  8. Hi Marlene. I saw you posted on my blog back in May, but I don't know if you can see my response. If this is your first house, you're doing way better than I did. The Buttercup I'm now working on is a second attempt. I utterly destroyed the first one and now I'm using what's leftover as scrap wood. Technically this is still my first dollhouse though, since I didn't finish the original. I've already learned a few things to avoid though. Don't worry, there are lots of creative ways to cover up mistakes. My solution is curtains. Lot of curtains. And I'm claiming this wallpaper accident is an accent wall.
  9. All I have been looking for so far is a bed and bedding. My house is going to be more modern, but a lot of websites I've found have older wire/Victorian type stuff. I've been considering leaving it empty, but if I could find more half scale furniture I wouldn't. I found a nice mission style bed, but it's not half inch. http://www.miniatures.com/Daisy-House-Double-Bed-Kit-P22287.aspx
  10. I decided to start over with a half scale Buttercup instead. Can I just say, why didn't I pick a lasercut the first time time? Wow! The pieces are going together somewhat easier than last time, too. I've only had to cut a tiny bit off the entry wall tabs to make them fit. I AM having a little trouble with the right roof gable. The left goes on easy, but the tab is crooked looking for the right one. Here are the pictures so far.
  11. After many months now of glowering at the house every time I go into the basement, my mom told me I had to clean everything up because she needed the space. The Buttercup is now in a box. Maybe I'll come back to it later, but right now I don't have much space. Instead I've turned my eyes toward the Primose. I made an agreement with my boyfriend that I'd play Starcraft 2 if he would help me build this time.
  12. I guess I will just have to fill in the open places with putty or something. Any suggestions on what I could use? Wood filler, spackle?
  13. Finally managed to force those sides on, and they didn't look too bad. Until I tried to stick the front wall on... There is a gap on either side of the front wall about this big. I have no idea what to do about it.
  14. A few days ago I started trying to glue the front entry left onto the house. I had already wallpaperde the pieces prior to putting them together, and I triple checked to make sure I was putting the wallpaper on the bad side of the wood. When I went to put the piece on, the tabs were all funky and didn't line up at all. I flipped the piece over and with the primed side facing inward, they lined up. So I stripped off the wallpaper, put new on the other side, and tried it again. I still could barely fit it in. I ended up having to sand down the tabs and the slots so everything fit together, and I had to push some pieces into place with the back end of a screwdriver. So I checked the front entry right piece, and it looks to be the same as the left... It only fits with the bad side of the wood facing out. Luckily I hadn't wallpapered those pieces yet, but is this a common issue, to have pieces that are hard to fit together even when they should?