• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Nicole
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

307 profile views
  1. An edit or delete feature would be nice. I have tried everything. I resorted to "hide" but i don't know if that just hides it from myself or everyone. Hopefully, an admin will delete it for me. Thanks! Nicole
  2. Mike, I found my instructions. I'll be happy to send you pics of each page Nicole
  3. Ya'll are too funny I bought the iron on veneer today before I even saw the suggestion. I skipped the iron on poster board part....I just ironed it straight in to the house. So far, so good!!! But I am for sure going to get a pasta machine
  4. veneer scraps and a pasta maker? Brilliant!!!!! Thanks, Steve!!!!
  5. Hi everyone, I am looking for wood floor strips for my Dura-Craft Colonial. I am hoping someone has some left over from a previous build. I am happy to pay or trade for them. I need as much as you can spare. The kit only came with enough to do one floor and it has three levels. I am crazy I know, but I want all my floors to be the same. I have also posted in the community trade forum...I hope that's OK (I'm new and learning the ropes) Best, Nicole
  6. Thank you, Bluebear! I have posted in the the community trade forum....fingers crossed for a reply! I have finished my first floor and there were only three strips left over I thought I'd be able to find them in a shop but have not been able. I am so glad to have found this group! Best, Nicole
  7. Hi Everyone! I am new here, my name is Nicole. I am looking for some wood floor strips for my Dura-Craft Colonial. It came with enough strips to do one level but there are three. And being like I am, I'd like all my floors to be the same. Problem is, I cant find any more! I am happy to pay or trade...I have windows and stair cases still in original packaging, odd bits and pieces of furniture. If you can help me out, I'd really, REALLY appreciate it! Thank you!!!! Nicole
  8. Hi everyone, My Colonial is coming along nicely. The kit came with enough strips to do one level. I'd like to continue the same wood floor strips throughout the rest of the build. Where can I find these and what are they called? The just bought 2 pkgs. of wood floor from Hobby Lobby but the wood and size are different so they'll be going back.Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! Nicole
  9. You guys are great! thanks!!! The weight idea (in my case, canned veggies) seems to really be helping. I'll know for next time about not using water based glue and only doing a few strips at a time.Thanks again for all the responses! Nicole
  10. OK, everyone, this is my first experience with wood flooring strips. It has not been fun. They are warping and buckling. i am using a heavy duty white glue and am using a rolling pin to help keep the strips down. Are there any tricks or suggestions? Thanks! Nicole
  11. Hi everyone, I recently purchased a house in a box. But it didn't come with a picture or directions. The only identifying mark I can find is a small envelope of nails marked DH-30. I believe it's a Duracraft. Can anyone help me identify this house? I haven't made enough posts yet to be able to post pictures. Thanks in advance! Nicole
  12. Thank you, everyone! I'm in the burbs of southwest Atlanta. I was thrilled last night when I got to the step of building the front door area and didn't find the parts in the box. I went back to the estate sale on the last day and bought a huge box of misc. bits and pieces and voila! There are all the shutters, gables, staircases, shingles....boy am i glad I returned and got all of that stuff. on a beginners note....I needed a safe surface to work on so I used my dress makers/fabric cutting board. It covers my work area and has a 1" grid on the whole thing...perfect for lining up 90* angles, measuring pieces and keeping everything neat and tidy....highly recommend! Boy is it looking good!!!! Nicole
  13. Hi everyone! I'm Nicole and live in GA. I've only built one other doll house, many, many years ago. I recently started the Colonial CH-300 by Dura-craft. I found the kit at an estate sale from 1979...whoo Hoo! I know i will have many questions but am just lurking and learning at the moment. Glad to be here! Nicole