miniatures of course, art, sewing, music

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

600 profile views
  1. Any ideas for carpets for floors? Has anyone ever bought fake fur and cut it down to make "shag" carpeting? Or would that be a bit too thick? I was going to try it...eventually.....I've made several rugs from felt and lace....but I want shag carpeting in one of my attic rooms...... Has anyone ever NOT stained their shingles? I rather like the raw look...I don't know...so many decisions! It's a good thing I'm not building my own REAL house! HA!
  2. sadie

Front door!

WOW! It looks great!
  3. I think the next time I post pictures, it shall be completed...(but, hey, not completely furnished...yet!--I think that will take me forever! )
  4. Oh..all of you guys are good! I, too, think the white is too stark...!! Yes, perhaps a tan or antique white I will try next..if that looks funny..I'll just paint it another color...again! haha!! ....!! Re: Stonework?? I had to think about that one for a minute...oh...you must mean the fireplace? I got some tiny stones, glued them down and filled with tinted spackle! HA! I intend to do that to the outside of my chimneys...as far as the wallpapers...it's scrapbook paper..except for the living room white/gold wall and the kitchen walls...all the rest is scrapbook paper...hey--it's only 25 cents a sheet! Thank you all for the ideas and advice and the compliments...This is my first house...so, I am going kind of slow...I still have details left on the outside to do and touch up painting to do..and ...shingles, and stair rails, etc...you know the routine! It's getting there! I love looking at everyone's work--it's very inspirational!! It's interesting to see how everyone has their own ideas!
  5. You have the same furniture kit that I have...I haven't started mine yet..yours looks terrific--was it hard to do?
  6. Love the floors! Were they difficult?
  7. sadie

IMG_0048.JPG

Thanks PIN1056! They are actually scrapbook papers....!! They were a whopping 25 cents per sheet...I see you are in Australia?? It's summer there isn't it?
  8. sadie

Sadie's Willow

Sadie's Willow in process!
  9. Hi everyone! I had to pipe in here a tiny bit....I am building my first house--a Willow...I have to say that I go for the magazine(s) that have the best and clearest most colorful pictures...because that's where I get my inspiration and ideas. I may read some of the articles, but "picture gazing" in detail is what I am really after...I THINK I get the MC magazine...I know I don't get the little magazine. Anyhow, the bottom line is what your preference is....right?
  10. OH wait...I want to add a couple more....so I can get opinions/advice...I am unsure about the "white" fireplace bookshelf area in living room...any ideas? I tried the stained look..it looked crappy...I think I'm sort of getting the hang of this now....but I'll forget it by next week! HA HA! anyhow...
  11. Hey, thanks for the help! I actually put some pictures in the gallery..."Sadie's Willow" in process...I will accept opinions, and advice, of course! ...it's my first time building! What a kick! I have become quite resourceful at saving things" that nobody would ever thing of saving for anything! HA HA Now, I am going to try to attach a picture here...I've done it only once before, but I don't remember how!
  12. I am having a very confusing time to create an "album " of my Willow in the gallery...HELLLLPPPP!! thanks! I am unable to "upload" my pictures...is it because of size? I cannot figure it out...any suggestions or step by step instructions...? thanks million
  13. I am going to try to add some pictures..I hope they turn out...Advice, opinions, ideas, are ALWAYS welcome...this is my first house that I have ever built...It is a Willow...a nice large roomy house! Okay, I need some help here...I am trying to download or upload some pictures that I have on a CD, and I also saved those pictures to my hard drive..but when I go to upload them..I keep getting the message that the file is too big...This was only ONE picture...what am I doing wrong?
  14. Yes, HavanaHolly, I've been slow moving on mine...sometimes I really have to "think on it" a while...it's still coming along pretty good...(thanks to you and others here)....but I am not in a race to finish it...besides, glue has to dry, paint has to dry, etc....why rush? I agree! I sure enjoy looking at everyones photos though...it's inspiration!!
  15. Happy New Year Just One More! I was just wondering how your Willow was coming along? Any pics? The Willow is my first...I'm enjoying it immensely..the rooms are big! I am just about to put shingles on now...done SOME wallpapering, painting...