• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Lawanda
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3296 profile views
  1. Fairfield wiring

The Lily is kind of the same odd opening layout.  Like Kathie said,  ceiling lights on first floor with the tape on floor of second floor.  Then from those you can make runs up the walls or around baseboards for 2nd floor lighting 
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

Since working on my houses is on hold (tools and houses still in Mo). Today I finished sanding (with steel wool) one if the 2 wrought iron chairs for my patio.  Painted a fresh coat of white on it.  Tomorrow I'll start on the other one.  Finished upholstery on the back inserts, (had to buy ANOTHER  staple gun). When they are done they will sit at the glass top table.  All of which I inherited from my mother.  Today we went exploring a bit.  Ended up in a store called "at home".  I found my shopping heaven.   Asked my daughter what the store's name in San Antonio was where I got my bench seat cushion.    Yep I was in the right store!!!! 
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

This is the second time they will live there.  His EOD school is at Eglin,  now he will be an instructor at EOD school.  I'm partial to Mcguire's.   Gotta love me an Irish Wake.  Lol.  I like walking the shopping area on the beach, don't buy,  just look.  We are 10mins from the big outlet mall here in gulfport.  Kids are happy with that. Lol They wanted Niceville,  but housing was poor.  They settled on Crestview,  they close on BOTH  houses on June 1.  She will be in Texas, him in Florida 
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Well, today it's back to unpacking.   Might be a bit more difficult as grandpa and I have 3 extra guests for a few weeks.  The kids in Texas are moving to destin area first week in June. (Son-in-love sings in at Eglin wed).   Granddogs 
  5. What scale for automobiles for the dollhouse.

I used 1:18 ( I think, they are still packed), look on my Mexican restaurant on pinterest.  I have a parking lot full.  Lol
  6. Best Mother's day present ever!

He / she will be #7.  This one is a long time in happening. 
  7. Best Mother's day present ever!

Received a happy mother's day text this morning from my youngest daughter wishing me a happy mother's day,  followed by another with only a picture.      Picture of POSITIVE  pregnancy test!!!!!!!! They have been trying for a really long time.   Middle daughter was here for the weekend,  she was jumping up and down. 
  8. New to building from Southern California

where in SoCA you living.  Grew up in orange Co.  
  9. painting sculpey

I use acrylic on my food 
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Well the pets are adjusting well. "Cat" found a hiding place.  Thought he got out ar the new house, but he was just napping.   In a week he will be allowed in the back.   Daughter is stopping by tomorrow night on their way to look at their prospects for house in FL.  They will leave the granddogs and hopefully the kids .   It is do nice to have a place that will sleep visiting family and friends.    I just hope they don't trip on boxes.  I'm about half done but am really slowing down.   Being old sucks 
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Have to bring them down next trip.   We have another truck load left in MO.  I pretty much was out voted on what went into the truck first trip.  I have 5 here.  Sadly it's going to take me some time to repair the casualty.   My beach house did not fare well on the move.    I guess beds and a couch was more important than dollhouses.   What were they thinking.   Lol
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Well...... we made it safe and sound around 2am Sunday.   Slept for a few hours, then unloaded the uhaul  and trailer.    Kids took a quick visit to NOLA after lunch.  Came back and unpacked some boxes for us.  They headed back to MO.  Granddaughter has a school concert tomorrow.    I spent last night and today unpacking,  unpacking,  unpacking.   I am beat.  There are hundreds of boxes to go.   
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Uhaul in the yard. Kids come down tonight from warrensburg.   Tomorrow is gonna be a busy day.  Hope I survive.  
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Had a bad night last night. Just 2 days before leaving and "Cat" (yes that is his name) decides not to come home.  We were both devastated.   I get up at 5am go check and there the bugger is, laying on the back bed.  I'm tempted to lock him up . My blood pressure can't go through that again.
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

"Thimble ". You just brought back a sweet memory of my grandmother.   She was 98, in a nursing home.  When my sister went to visit, she asked her for some KFC.  Sister left and came back with the food.   At 98 she should eat what she wanted, not the nasty food from the home. Every visit from then until her passing she got KFC.