• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Lawanda
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2108 profile views
  1. Glencroft rehab blog

I used packing popcorn on my Glencroft chimney.   I think I liked the outcome better than egg carton stones
  2. My husband is coming close to the end now

Jeannie, just know that when his body is gone, his soul will be free from the burdens he endures.  He will be smiling down at you with love and knowledge that, in time, you will be together again,  young and full of love. His pain will cease and he will wait for you forever.
  3. What's everyone working on?

Yep too much white.  I went back over the "stones" this morning with stipple paint.  I usually use the powdered mix from hobby lobby (in the craft tile area).  Hobby lobby was closed yesterday, so went to Michael's.  Didn't notice until I opened 20.00 jar that it was paste.  (Only brand they had).  I sealed the stones with mogepod,  but it still stuck to the stone.    I'm thinking next time, I'll cover with the remaining grout (cost too much to toss),  then but the brick/stone into the grout, then paint the stone when it's all dry.  I still have to do my chimneys on this one ( if I don't cut them off. Lol)
  4. What's everyone working on?

Well, I ran out of grout, went to Michael's and got more.  I really need to learn to read labels, even when he's sitting in the car waiting for me.....  it was pre-mixed.  I added a bit of color to it, put it on and I'm ready to get the metal scraper out and start over.  I'll put pictures on pinterest.  Guess I'll think on it a few days before I order the wreaking ball.
  5. Interesting Miniature Tidbits

It's better than the old sears catalog.   Haha
  6. Hi! I'm new!

Get a small house to start with.  Hobby lobby does carry the orchid dollhouse  with the 40% coupon it will be reasonable.   Rehabbing is not as easy as it might seem.  I'm in the process of my 3rd rehab. It's hard to fit wallpaper in already made rooms, IMHO
  7. Help a mama out! (Newbie build on the cheap)

Lights....try the pack of "balloon " lights from hobby lobby.  There are 10 in the pack.  They aren't fancy,  but for a 9yr old and little money they are great.  Battery operated,  I glue to ceiling with e6000.  Wallpaper can be scrapbook paper.  I get mine on sale.  Just look for tiny tiny print, or solid colors since it's a half scale.  I found a lot if little furniture pieces on eBay.   They are for the older tin houses, but work good.  I have also used printable "furniture" off pinterest for staging.  You can shrink down to size
  8. What's everyone working on?

The Van Buren decided to wake me up in the middle of the night a few nights ago.  It told me it wanted a stone exterior.   Got one side covered and sealed with modgepod.  Second side in progress..  when it's all ready I'll get some light Gray grout  to finish.  Living room has 2 of 3 walls papered
  9. Noodling how to make roof tiles

I used the plastic tiles sheet on the Mexican restaurant.   I didn't like their original blah look, so I sprayed with textured spray paint.  You can see it on pinterest
  10. A house of your dreams

Foxhall manor.  
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

I have an "in" with my movers.  (When ever it actually happens).  I have all my minis packed securely.   Not letting them touch them.  Today I packed the rolls of wallpaper and long sheets.  The household items will be packed by my daughter and husband.  They own the packing company.  She knows not to make her momma mad.  Takes a lot for me to get there, but when I do, takes me longer to get over it.
  12. After 2 weeks of packing this house to move.  I collect A LOT of things.  Lol. But, the fire-king dishes still lead in the collection category.  Houses are bigger, but not as many as the dishes
  13. That's an issue my kids might have.  But with their attitudes toward my houses, thet will probably just burn them.  To bad for them, as I said before, it's their "inheritance".
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Sabel, prayers for healing.  (Can not "like" your post)
  15. What's everyone working on?

Well, the Van Buren finally made it to my place.  I've relief a couple if walls and put the first coat of base primer on the front.  Still haven't decided what color it will be.  This morning I woke up thinking I might extend the little 2nd floor balcony all the way across the front of the house. I'm just not feeling the juilet thing..  might even take out the first floor windows and replace with 2 bay windows. It's hard to get motivated with all my other babies packed into boxes.