• Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Lawanda
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3428 profile views
  1. One Thing You Won't Spend Your Money on. 7/9/08

Broccoli and cauliflower 
  2. As I mentioned before.   Fireking, in particular  the green, Jadite.  I finally opened the purse and bought a gorgeous china cabinet to display most of the Jadite in.  I posted a picture on pinterest.   There is other sets like the Game Birds, pale blue, and demi-tasse sets.
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

Another trip to MO.  This time to KC area. Took a granddaughter home. Spent Sunday on their farm.  Other granddaughter went with us and she lived the goats, newborn calf, horses, pony, mini horse, AND, ,,,,,,,  OMG!!!  chickens .   Daughter has a rooster that's no bigger than a hand full.  He thinks he is a big rooster.   It's so funny to watch that little feller chase the big roosters away from HIS ladies.  Today we go pick up the ashes of "Sir" and find a proper burial spot for him.  We sent him across the Rainbow Bridge on Friday before we headed north.   15+years old and had stopped eating completely.   We tried IV fluids but was just prolonging the inevitable.   He will be missed.  Both granddaughters went with us.(their choice) and were super troopers.  I was so proud of what young ladies they have become. Tomorrow mom comes to collect the other granddaughter.   It's going to get real quiet around here. 
  4. What's everyone working on?

Got my beach house up on its pillars today.  Yeah......it fit.  Had to remove the old mini lights.  They finally bit the dust.  Put in a new string.  Removed the paper from the first floor porch.  I'm going to leave it just painted for now. (It was a faux stone paper)  waiting for glue to dry on the deck railing.  Roof reattached.  Thankfully all the doors still work, no damage from the move.  Now to get it's furniture from storage in MO. Next is to decide where to put it.  My other half is being a jerk right now.  He just might be sleeping with dollhouses since he doesn't want them in the living room.  And he wonders why I'm not in a good mood.
  5. What's everyone working on?

Still trying to fix the houses that were on stilts.  Got the log cabin done.  Decided to rethink the pilons on the beach house.  I reattached the original ones and not a single one is right.  Made a platform/base for the beach house to set on.  Attached the pilons to a 1/4" sheet of wood that the house will set on.  Once I get it painted, I will take the old ones off the house and set it on the platform.  It's taking me longer than normal, too many real world projects to get done for the new house.  Sanded and repainted 2 antique wrought iron patio chairs, sanded 2 vintage icecream parlor chairs, have one painted, the other is getting there in between thunderstorms.  Glass top wrought iron table done.  Nasty carpet removal from patio.  Never ending projects
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

Well, we were successful in getting the antique secretary off the trailer and into the house without breaking it to pieces. (It's a very large piece of furniture).  (Or killing my spouse or myself) .   Started cleaning it to put the shelves back in when I realized we dont have the wood braces that hold the shelves.  There was ONE.  From that one and my favorite saw and some square dowels,  I am now making real life wood things to hold them in place.  It will be a very short venture into wood working, lol.   I did manage to get a new base built for my beach house.   "Pilons " are screwed in and plumb.  I'm going to keep it unattached to the house to make it easier to move when necessary.  Now to remove the old ones I TRIED to reattach after the big move.
  7. Dura-Craft Newberg Help

Your windows look like my newburg.   The plastic insert has a design.  I'd post a picture,  but cant from my phone  sorry
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

Be safe Holly.  We had good weather yesterday, today rain.  I10 can be a bear.
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Made it back to Mississippi last night no rain until we were within a few miles to the house, then the sky opened up.   Up and on the road again (wave Holly) to crestview FL to daughter's house.   Time for fun. 2 teenage cousins to get in trouble.   Hahahaha 
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

On the road AGAIN.  In Springfield  MO. Picking up one granddaughter taking her to MS and then FL.  Almost have the craft room in the new house complete.   Started fixing the beach house.  Then back on the road.  I'm getting to old for all this road time., but live having my grandkids around. 
  11. Which house is this

I picked up the Columbia at a yard sale.  It was in worse shape than your and I gave it a new lease on life.  I was happy the guy didn't charge for the spiders.  Wood on mine was pretty damaged so I did a faux stucco exterior with orange shutters.  The grandmother who adopted it loves the color.  
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Up on Saturday,  loaded trailer Saturday evening (had help from 2 young men), back to Mississippi today.  "Dead" dog traveled well.  Lol  Managed to get around 10 kits loaded into the back of navigator.   Will unload trailer tomorrow.   Going to be interesting  only him and I will be doing the heavy lifting here. Hope the antique secretary survives. 
  13. What are you up to today? This week?

Lol.  Auto correct.. deaf. Dog.  Sorry
  14. A Toad Stool for a Fairy House Bathroom?

That's too funny.  My niece tagged me on a post on Facebook today...... real life frog toilet.  How odd is that
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

So, all the first load boxes are empty, broke down, tied together according to size.  Now to find a recycling center. Tomorrow we make a quick trip back to MO for a small load.  I hope to get my mother's secretary in the trailer and my workbench. One granddaughter is making the journey with us, (a long with the blind dead dog). I am definitely putting the kits in the back of the navigator .   8 hrs up, 10 back