• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Lisa
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2502 profile views
  1. I am sad to tell you ...

Kathie I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Please accept my heartfelt sympathy during this difficult time and know that your Greenleaf family is holding you close in their hearts.
  2. The interior primed

Yay!  You started an album for your house! You're right - the rooms are nice & big - lots of space to fill with mini treasures!  This house may not be as big as your other house, but I think this one is the one you were meant to build all along.  You've had one idea right after another with this house & they've all been good ideas!  I'm excited to see it all come together!
  3. The basement

Love this view!  I can hardly wait to see the kitchen all done up!
  4. The bathroom

Love this peek-a-boo view of the dressing room closet!
  5. I swear, I have a big problem!

You're in great company on this forum and there's nothing wrong with you that acquiring a new kit (or three) won't fix! When I start window shopping for new kits / shells, I prefer to think of it as "research" and "inspiration" and when I find myself adding a new kit to my stash, I tell my DH that I'm planning for retirement  
  6. Isabella

From the album A Tale of Two Glencrofts

Here's another picture of the world's most adorable miniature doll - to get an idea of how tiny she is - she's posed on the upstairs window seat in Kelly's Glencroft. Once my Glencroft is finished she'll have a place of honor on the bedroom window seat.
  7. Introducing Isabella

Isn't she wonderful? Kelly & I went to the Seattle Miniature show a few weeks back and this amazing little doll caught my eye within the first few minutes of browsing.  I must've oohed & ahhed over her for several minutes before pulling myself away from the booth to continue looking at all the wonderful miniatures for sale.   After the show, while talking with a delightful couple that was there to display some of the houses they had built, Kelly presented me with a small bag and this doll was in it.  I was speechless!    Anyhow, I wanted to share her with you all.  Of all the miniatures I have, she is my most prized miniature - and she means all the more because she was a gift from my most cherished friend.
  8. Someone tp'd my house!

Had the house turned around while inserting tabs into slots & gluing the basic shell together.  Kelly was in charge of tabs, slots & glue - I was in charge of tape   When we were done & turned the house around this is the sight that greeted us.  It looked like someone had toilet papered the house for a prank!  Someone should probably take my masking tape roll away from me! lol

© K&L Construction 2016

9. Glencroft Day 3 - Kelly's

An interior shot of Kelly's house.  Nice & straight & square!

© K&L Construction 2016

10. The Glencroft Project!

And here we are at the end of day three of the Glencroft project.  Kelly's house is the neat one on the right  

© K&L Construction 2016

11. What's everyone working on?

And here are the starts to our Glencrofts in all their glory   Mine definitely isn't much to look at yet.  Just the first floor with the back edge/stair part glued on.  Had a heck of a time getting it to glue on straight because it was a little warped, so to fix the problem (and not have to sit and hold the two pieces while the glue dried) I taped it all to the straight edge of my kitchen counter! lol!  Sounds & looks funny, but it worked   Doesn't look like I accomplished much, but not pictured is the work I did cutting the front door opening bigger (using a different door) and filling in a few things like the side bathroom window. Kelly on the other hand got quite a bit of her shell glued together before we called it a day.  I guess there's something to be said for ignoring directions & just winging it!  
  12. Just popping in with a big Thank You! to Jenn for making the Glencroft available to forum members.  Rodentraiser / Kelly (best friend ever) knew I'd been obsessing over  considering the Glencroft for awhile & she made the trip to get it to surprise me with it for Christmas (and what a surprise it was!!!). Turns out Kelly & I will both be working on Glencrofts together in 2016 - and I'm over the top excited about it! So thank you Jenn, for making it available, and thank you Kelly for knowing just what I needed to put a smile back on my face & get me excited about miniatures again!
  13. Tools that everyone should have for dollhouses?

Glue & a roll of paper towels (to wipe up the glue that may ooze out when you join two pieces of wood together.  Congrats on the Glencroft!  I'm going to be starting one soon too!
  14.   Truer words were never spoken!
  15.   This sounds like a grand idea!  What a great way to encourage creative play!  We built a "super hero headquarters" for my sons when they were little & they spent many happy afternoons letting their imagination run wild with it.