One
  • Real Name
    Pam
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,078 profile views
  1. I love that little house, you did such a great job on it! Very classy
  2. Thanks everyone Im pretty happy with it for my first house. Yes it has some metalic paint and the roof is actually copper paint that has patina (all faux paint) I want to take better pics soon so you can see it better, it is pretty (scary) LOL Once again thanks for all the nice comments, my next house is going to be a Christmas house for my husband... on our block he is known as "Father Christmas" and Im known as "The Witch" LOL the funniest thing is we are Jews
  3. Lzrdsgal

Haunted dollhouse

This is my first house, my haunted dollhouse. It is a Creatology house, the Fantasy Dollhouse. It is 1:24 scale.
  4. Thanks Llyn, I like the black too B) My husband keeps wanting to know when Im gonna finish painting it LOL I think he has taken exception to me not getting more creative with my painting.
  5. I know you are working on real copper but you could try painting it. I do a faux copper patina paint on wood. I paint it a metalic antique copper and then after it dries, I take watered down wedgewood green (ceramcoat brand but I think others have it) and dob it along the top of what ever Im painting letting it run down. When it dries just for a few minutes I take a fan bush and drag it lightly down. You can do this a couple times to add dimention to the green. You can also do the same with black (going over the green) just be carefull not to over do the black or you pretty much have to start all over again. Just play with it on a scrap piece until your happy. OR you can go to Lowe, Home Depot and they have some kind of spray that turns green. OR try green Patina Formula: 2 parts white vinegar, 1 1/2 parts non-detergent ammonia, 1/2 part non-iodized salt brush or spray the solution on CLEAN copper--clean with a lemon dipped in salt, and then immediately wash with soap and water and do not touch with bare hands. The oils from your hands will make the patina not stick. By the next day there should be a good patina on your surface. You can spray with water to stop the patina process, but make it a gentle spraying. I also found this, it may help. A patina can be defined as a thin layer of colored oxidation which occurs on some metals over time, such as the green or gray rust on copper or bronze. The romantic name is verdigris: Think of crusty old copper roofs or a weathered bronze statue. When making crafts using natural copper, adding a green patina can create the old-world appearance of a vintage artifact. Here are five techniques to add patina to natural copper - and one outrageous shortcut. But before you start: Clean the copper to remove any grease or coating. With these recipes, be very careful with chemicals or ammonia: wear chemical gloves and work in a ventilated area. The solutions can be applied to the copper by spray, brush or sponge. The patina usually appears after the copper has dried completely. It may take several applications and results can vary wildly. Okay, ready? The first four recipes are for the purists who must do everything from scratch. Apply a mild solution of 20% salammoniac (found at metal supply stores) dissolved in 80% distilled water. Apply a solution of 50% Dormant Spray (Lime-Sulfur Fungicide found at garden supply stores) and 50% distilled water. Apply a solution of salt (10%), ammonium chloride (10%), liquid ammonia cleaner (20%), and wine vinegar (60%). Ammonium chloride can be purchased from chemical suppliers. Put the copper in a plastic or glass air-tight container. Cover the copper with a light layer of salt and put an open container of ammonia with it. Seal the container overnight. Purchase a copper patina solution at your craft store and follow the directions. This always works. And one outrageous shortcut: Sponge or brush on an imitation patina using blue, green and gray craft paints. Use your best antiquing techniques of dabbing and wiping. It is much faster and much more controllable than chemical mixtures. Verdigris patinas can be delicate, so protect your final dry copper surface with a clear finish like polyurethane or lacquer. Have fun making instant antiques!
  6. Thanks Sherry, these things are addicting... of course everyone here knows that already LOL. I see you had problems with your fantasy villa, the instructions leave a lot to be desired huh. Im telling you girl, if it wasnt for my 11 year old son taking me under his wing I would have chucked my house in the trash LOL!!!
  7. The house Im working on is called fantasy dollhouse. Sorry the photos are blurry, I guess that is the next thing I have to do... go get a new camera to take photos of my dollhouse LOL! My house is base painted black right now... my house has not totally told me what it wants to be yet LOL All of my furniture I have made out of the scraps from my house, such as the punch outs from the windows. I also used chopsticks and skewers.
  8. Dorothy, you are right... it is 1:24 not 1:12... wishfull thinking I guess LOL
  9. Oh I just love them!!!! Talk about cute
  10. Hi my name is Pam and Im new here. I am working on my first house, it is a 1:12 Creatology wooden puzzle house, the Victorian one. I am spooking it out as I am also a member of Halloween Forum and love Halloween B) I put the house together about 5 days ago.... with the help of my 11 year old son because I didnt think I would be able to do it, after I opened the package I almost threw it in the trash... true story LOL!!!! So the house is built and Ive have been working on making furniture for it. I did a little reading about the 1:12 scale and I think that Im doing pretty good about keeping in scale, some things I think I may be a little off on but being this is my first house Im giving myself a break. The question I have is there a "ruler/guide" that I can buy or get free online that I can hold my pieces up against to measure them to make sure that I am keeping in scale? I know that I can use a ruler to measure but it seems to me it would be easier to just make some kind of guide to compare sizes. If any of you know of something like this please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Pam
  11. Lzrdsgal

Celeste meets Rosie

Git in my belly!!!! LOL :idiot: