About nikapaints

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

535 profile views
  1. Hi everyone, Thank you for your compliments! KathieB, I've very much thought about, and tried to figure out, making my own tiny canvases, however it's not something I've quite figured out how to do well. Can you maybe recommend a site that has tutorials or something? A smaller weave would definitely make it easier to paint the details when I'm dealing with tiny faces!
  2. Hi everyone! I recently finished a new Monet I'd like to share. It's Villa in Bodighera. 2inx2in oil on canvas. I hope you like it! Nika
  3. They're mini reproductions of famous paintings. I probably should have made that clearer in the post From left to right: Chagall- The Dance, Diego Rivera- The Flower Carrier, and Magritte-Decalcomania. I like seeing the different paintings next to each other just because of how different all of the colors are.
  4. Hi everyone! I've done a few more miniatures I'm really proud of. (especially the flower carrier. that basket...ooof) I hope you like them too!
  5. Hi everyone! I recently finished up this Picasso- A Dream for a commissioned work, and I'd like to show it! =) I have a question for fellow miniature artists- I seem to have trouble making sales in my store. I've had a couple commission requests, but I'd like sales in my store as well. Do you guys have more luck selling things on ebay than etsy? Or somewhere else? Are my prices too high/low? I feel like with the difficulty level of the paintings they're fair but perhaps I'm wrong? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Nika
  6. I've finished up a Picasso! I thought it was going to be way more difficult than it ended up being. This is the first painting I did with my tiny brushes...I'm still getting used to the feel of them.
  7. The brushes came today! I can't wait to try them out on the Picasso I'm working on! (it's been a real hassle trying to get nice lines) Again, thank you all for the suggestions!
  8. Thank you for the compliments! Debora and Kathie, thank you for the suggestions. It hadn't occurred to me to try a different fabric. I had stumbled across the tiny canvases at a craft store one day and decided to try doing a mini painting, and I didn't even consider trying something finer like silk. I'll have to give it a go, because you're right some detail does get lost in the one I'm using. As far as the description...uff, I have such a hard time with those haha. Painting a Monet, no problem. Trying to write a good description- the bane of my existence haha. I know I need to improve them, but I have a hard time not coming off as pompous to myself when I read my own description back. I'll definitely work on those more, because I've had other people mention the importance of a good one. Thanks for the input!
  9. Hey everyone! I finished up a Kandinsky and a Degas. I'm pretty freaking proud of that ballerina, even though I didn't have the brushes to give her a face (yet!). What do you guys think? https://www.etsy.com/shop/nikatimedesigns
  10. Thank you for the input, everyone! Deb, I love the idea of using a cat whisker! I was starting to debating using things like eyelashes haha. Shannon, I've cut down brushes as well, but I can't seem to manage to get them just to the point I need most of the time, or if i do, they poof out when I put the brush in water =/ It bugs me every time. Chapchap, I ordered one of the brushes from the set you recommended. I can't wait to test it out when I get it! Might finally be able to paint faces in the paintings.
  11. O wow, those look great for what I need! Thank you for the suggestion!
  12. Hi everyone! I was wondering where people find brushes/what brands seem to be good to do their detail with? I've been using American Painter brand, and I'm managing to do my paintings, but I'd love to find even smaller brushes. My craft store doesn't seem to carry anything smaller than the ones I've already found (and they're getting rid of the brand, it seems. sad for me), and I haven't really been able to locate any online. I guess I'm looking in the wrong places? The paintings that I work on are 2inx2in, and they're reproductions of famous artists' works, so the level of detail I need to do is pretty high. I've included a picture as a reference for the types of paintings I'm doing. If anyone can give me recommendations, that would be fantastic. Thanks! Nika
  13. This is handmade?! That is so impressive and beautiful! What material do you use, if i may ask?
  14. You hand make everything? That is so impressive! I love the two red hats. They are so beautiful.
  15. Thank you, havanaholly I use oil paint. The paintings generally require a lot of layering and blending, and acrylics dry too fast for me to be able to do that to the extent that I need to.