• Last visited

• Days Won

KariW last won the day on September 9 2015

KariW had the most liked content!

569 Excellent

About KariW

Profile Information

• Interests
    I'm a wife, mommy and hairdresser. I usually create elaborate birthday parties for my son and make props for months to prepare for his theme of choice. This is my first dollhouse build and I'm not really sure I should call it that. It's not a dollhouse anymore. It's a magical castle! Lol

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Kari Williams
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

28,231 profile views
  1. They are coming over tomorrow! Thank you so much!
  2. Hi Denise!! Yes! Oh my goodness you have given me so much to think about! I can try to take a Saturday off! Lol If you saw my house right now! It's literally piled up in two rooms! I just can't. I've been doing internet searches, but some of it doesn't seem to have ever existed. Did you know that cabbage patch kids had a house? Well, neither does the Internet, but I have one. Lol
  3. That's a really good idea, I was thinking of bringing some with me in February to the miniature show in Orlando. I think there's email info on their website. Good thinking Holly! Thank you! Heading to their site now.
  4. Oh my gosh, that's so sweet of you. I've been sitting here for hours googling these dollhouses. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but thank you so much. I've been looking for online dealers, but none seem to be in Florida. I decided if I look at the area as a whole, I'll cry, so I'm just taking one house at a time and trying to find them online. Please don't think I'm not appreciative. I am. I'm just deep into my season and I work from my house with clients starting back into my house on Monday. This needs to be cleared out and gone or hidden by then. It's so much work. Maybe I should call all my friends and tell them to come over and start googling. A Google party! Lol
  5. Wallpaper and paint before you place the walls. That house has lots of tiny nooks. I'm still working on a bash of the beacon hill for well over a year now. My little boy announced it looks like the house from his favorite book and now we are decorating it to look like the book. Spiderwick chronicles. It's more fun to build with a story attached. Lol
  6. Bashing is fun. Google images can sometimes lead to sales pages. Also check Craig's list. Don't be discouraged if you don't find exactly what you are looking for. Someone may not know what they have and a simple search for "wood doolhouse" could bring it up in a search.
  7. I really like the elmers wood filler from Home Depot.
  8. Darby, Do some google searches . Some searches will lead you to other sources. Goodwill online for example. Your best bet is to try to find another one and bash it for parts.
  9. So have you ever mentioned how much you love something and all of a sudden you are bombarded with it? Well, it happened to me on Monday. My childhood friend is here in Florida, from Denver, moving her mom into assisted living. She called me and said her mom has " some dollhouses" would I like them? Of course, I said yes. I would sort it out later. Well. She proceeded to fill my dining room with Tin, plastic, vinyl and cardboard doll houses from the 50's to the late 90's and I don't work with any of it! My entire dining room is filled with houses and boxes and boxes full of house parts. No wood at all. I've been doing some research and I'm sitting on a big profit if I didn't have a day job and had time to research and photograph and sell it all on eBay. I've been looking on line and there don't seem to be any vintage toy dealers in the palm beach county area. Any guidance would be so appreciated. What a mess my house is right now. Yikes!
  10. Micro Mark magazine is a great source for tools. Don't skimp. Only buy xacto knives. I love elmers wood filler. It hides lots of mistakes and sandpaper. Lots of sand paper. I've been playing lately with gorilla glue wood glue. It doesn't expand like the other gorilla glue and it dries quickly. I also love the gorilla glue super glue. I have the one with the green cap. eBay is your friend in this hobby. Also I use buycheapr.com to search for tools and make sure I'm getting the best price.
  11. I bought a lundby house by accident once on eBay and I had a heck of a time finding what I needed to furnish it. I gave up and re did it for a little girl I know. The scale was just right for Polly pocket dolls. The redo is in my albums on here. After I saw how expensive it would be to restore it, I just couldn't ever make my money back with a resale. This find would have sent me into a frenzy! Lol it figures! Lol I even called Sweden for help! Lol Oh well, some Lundby hunter will be thrilled. The bathroom and kitchen and dining set are awesome! I kept the other pieces in the lot, because it's the right scale. They can fully furnish the house with just my find! There was still a giant box of 1:12 on top of all the lundby, so I'm just as happy as I could be!
  12. Oh my goodness! I answered an ad on a buy barter and sell site on Facebook, for a big box of dollhouse furniture and when I picked it up there is a big box of Lundby stuff in there! I just listed it on eBay. I can't believe how lucky I got! A lundby hunters dream! I'm excited for whoever wins it! Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/192046398597