stefanib123

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by stefanib123

1. Another Kentuckian here! Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see some of your work.
  2. Your bears are adorable! Have you thought about branching out to other items, such as mini rugs, doilies, etc? I'm trying to teach myself to crochet and its not going very well, LOL!
  3. I went to a Dollar tree I've never been to the next town over from me last week. Found all kinds of goodies!! I found the little wine glass wedding favors that everyone posted about finding on here a long time ago, which were never at my local one. I also got some mini baby bottle baby shower favors. These are real cute, they would also work good as ketchup/condiment bottles, too. I'm sure I'll find some other uses for them, just give me time, LOL! They also had the wooden dollhouse furniture, I bought a bunch of these to bash. My local stores never keep these in, they are gone fast when they get them, so I try to buy a lot whenever I do find them. I got a cool little aquarium, too, that with a little work will be very nice. I also got the cool skeleton garlands that I saw on Casey's blog (Casey's Minis) that I've wanted forever. They are very detailed and you get 4 for a $1! Now, to make a house to use them in.........LOL! But, my best find was the metal like stickers that make the best frames, trays, etc. They had them on clearance for 50 cents a pack!! Who-hoo! I bought them all, LOL! Some are gold tone, some are bronze tone, and some are silver tone. They have 4-6 in a pack. I haven't seen these in a while at the other Dollar trees, so maybe they are going to quit selling them. Thats too bad because they are great for minis. They are easily cut with scissors, exactos, etc. ETA: I haven't seen the plastic doll furniture anywhere. Are they are new item, has anyone else spotted them anywhere? But, I also never seen the cool shadow box/shelf things that everyone else has found there, either.
  4. I swear a surprise box of dh furniture is more exciting that something you know you are getting! There could be anything in there......oooooh...you have to let us know!
  5. Has anyone tried working with the 3D puzzles? Not the wooden "puzzle houses", but the ones like this? I remember doing one years ago, it was a cathedral, I think. But I didn't do dollhouses back then. If I remember correctly they were made of a styrofoam type material. They are really cheap on ebay, wondering if they have any potential to bash, etc? ETA: after looking some more on ebay, I like these, LOL! They have all kinds of famous buildings, monuments, etc the Chrysler Building, the Taj Mahal,the Capitol, Empire State builing, London Tower bridge, Sears tower, a steamboat, a bunch of houses and castles,The Orient Express train(!) , a Christmas village, a Thomas Kindkade house: PARIS 1859 Quai de Megisserie
  6. WOW! I can't believe that roof is just paint!! Beautiful!
  7. stefanib123

puzzle1

I am working on one of these now, doing it as a fairy house. Its so much fun! You did a beautiful job! Love the pink bathroom!
  8. stefanib123

DSCF0133

WOW!!! The detail in this is perfect! gorgeous!
  9. stefanib123

DSCF0113.jpg

I agree, LLyn! She is a very talented artist!
  10. stefanib123

DSCF0721

WOW! I literally don't know what to say I am so impressed! This is exquisite!
  11. Am I too late?!!! I'm seeing the 20% off, but not the 30?
  12. Love the exterior color scheme! Actually, I love the whole house, LOL! Especially your addition/bash job. I'm working on bashing from one kit to another now, and its so much fun. Thanks for sharing your pics, great inspiration for me!
  13. stefanib123

32 Living room

This room is just beautiful. It is very elegant, I can just see a refined lady having tea in this room.
  14. So lovely! I wish I could move in!
  15. The link in your first post isn't working now. Is it the Evergreen house in your gallery? ETA: I see that it is! No wonder you are still excited! Thats a dollhouse lovers dream home!
  16. Raspberry, I don't think going to LA is mandatory. It said something whoever "can" be there, I think. I'll reread it. I would LOOOVe to enter something like this, but sadly my skill level just isn't up to it! I can't wait to see what you guys enter, though, I just know a Greenleafer will win!
  17. I hate to ask, but what is "lead golf tape"? LOL! I haven't thought about using the dimensional fabric paint, though! I have some of the glass paint, like is used for painting the stained glass ornaments? I've played with it, and it does well on clear plastic, too, but couldn't figure out the lead part, so I will try it with the dimensional paints, thanks! I found this doing some googling: So, I may wind up doing something like that. ETA: Caseymini, I love your blog and get tons of ideas from you! I also wanted to ask you, I have the exact same clear/gold trunk thing that is at your pic at the top of your blog. I have no idea where I got it, LOL, but would love to find another. Do you know where it came from?
  18. I'm working on my puzzle house that I'm doing as a fairy house, and it has these cute arched windows. I'm not sure how to do the window treatments with them. I'm using a gauzy lace type curtain, but if I do them as I do a normal window, it covers my top part, the arch, know what I mean? I'd love to just make them stained glass looking , but thats probably way to hard for me. Wonder if I could print some out on vellum or clear sheets of plastic? Any ideas/pics would be appreciated!
  19. stefanib123

Inside again

Your details and finishing work is just amazing!
  20. stefanib123

PORCH FINISHED

WOW!! WOW!!! I had to say it again, LOL! This is beautiful!!! As Rhonda said, you really have taken it to a whole new level!