• Real Name
    Joanne
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

598 profile views
  1. Nana7

What is it?

I have this dollhouse. It was made by Battat.
  2. Nana7

HOFCO House

Well all, I created an album, and hope it is visible to you. Thank you Kelly for its name and the info. I have additional windows, still in the box, so we figured that there was extensions. I have both the staircases-- and landing surrounds and banisters. I know that this is going to require a lot of time, so after the sanding and the wash, it will be set aside for a while. I am rehabbing the Walmer first, and figure that this one will be great project for a long winter !
  3. Nana7

The Hofco house

I purchased this house and the yellow Walmer for $150.00. The pictures are as it was, and how it is now after three days of stripping it down.
  4. Nana7

HOFCO House

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I had tried to Google prior to posting, but was unable to find any info. So, now that I have made my five posts, I can put up pictures later today!
  5. I spent most of the day repairing and then priming my 2nd Walmer dollhouse. It is the Lemon Twist and I am guessing it is an original, based on the interior partition depths and window moldings. It is a beauty! The interior is just stained and varnished, so no wallpaper to worry about. I am painting it a light yellow tomorrow with white accents. Then I am renaming it the Sunflower Cottage. Can't wait!!
  6. I have recently acquired a HOFCO 3 story, front opening house in GREAT condition! The structure assembly is amazingly solid, so I am looking at a rehab for the exterior beaded claboard siding. The exterior windows, doors and porches also need painting. The Mansard roof has two dormer windows, and it is covered in shingles to give a slate appearance. The interior was taped wired--no longer the case--but never wallpapered. I am looking foward to starting on this! Does anyone have information on this company and this house? I will try to post pictures soon!
  7. Following the discussion on the Walmer knockdown dollhouse, I have something to share. Mr. Walmer made the knockdowns with the pegs, so children from military families could easily take apart their dollhouse and take it with them when they moved. He designed and obtained patents on the knockdowns. I tracked down the Walmer name, and actually talked to his daughter Lucy who told me the Walmer history. When he felt that dollhouse building was becoming more of a collectible hobby with adults than for children, he sold his line to RGT and they sold them under the Lilliput name. I described my knockdown to Lucy, and she told me it was the Homestead. I have also just acquired an original Lemon Twist--with the offsite door. You can find the patents if you search for them. Finding a knockdown is rare. i have kept my Homestead as it was designed, but am refurbishing the other back to the original design.