• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Marla
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1850 profile views
  1. Stolen Miniature

I hope this is okay to post here. If not, please move or remove. Thank you. The following was posted in several Facebook groups I'm in. Please keep your eyes open for this mouse. Thanks. "I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me. I had my Hickory Dickory Clock Shoppe on display at the Tucson Miniature Show this weekend. The whole show went really well, and everybody loved my clock shop. It was really fun to hear everybody's comments. Sometime during the last half hour of the show on Sunday, somebody stole one of the mice off my clock shop. I'm totally devastated that somebody would do this. The mouse was a special part of my display and custom made for me. I just don't understand why people have to ruin other peoples things and take things that aren't theirs. They stole the mouse pictured. He is a REAL size mouse, NOT a 1/12 scale teeny-tiny mouse. The Clock Shop and my So Little Time projects are scheduled to be on exhibit at the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum over the holidays. The mice are a big part of the theme this year, as Lisa the director of the museum told me when she requested these two pieces from me. I'm planning on putting little Santa hats on each of the mice. I think the kids will get a kick out of seeing them. I'm hoping that somehow the mouse will get returned to me. Kind of like the miracle that happened with Teresa Layman's stitching piece that got anonymously returned to her after being stolen at a show. They can return the mouse directly to me, or to the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum, no questions asked. If anybody knows anything, or hears, or sees the mouse anywhere, please let me know. Thank you so much! Connie Sauve"      
  2. Hi, Patricia! It's great to see you too. You've really gotten a lot done and do such a fine job on everything! I do wish the rooms were a bit bigger in the Bellingham, but it's the house my oldest niece picked out so that's what I'm working on. I'm currently pulling everything off because a bunch of trim is missing and some of the windows are broken. She's picked pink and aqua for the colours, so that's what I'm doing for the interior and for the exterior trim. I talked her into grey siding, since I think she'll like that better in the long run than a pink dollhouse. I need to push and try to have it done for the Christmas but every week is so busy with homeschooling, violin/piano/ballet/gymnastics lessons, and the volunteering I do.

Mom and I went to Nebraska State Day again. The write-up is here and we had a great time. Next year's project is going to be so awesome! We're thinking on what our swap items will be.

My Arrow Royal Dream won't be worked on for quite a while. I have the Bellingham to finish, then a Pierce to rehab for another niece, plus smaller projects for the state fair each year and projects with the Hutch club and projects with the club in my house. I will be keeping that one once it's done though. :)

Best wishes to you as well! Marla

3. Hello Marla.  Its so good to hear from you.  I see that you're currently working on a Bellingham rehab.  The Bellingham is my absolute favorite dollhouse.  I love its built-in character plus it just feels so cozy.  I did remove a section of the ceiling in the living room in my hunting/fishing cabin Bellingham but I left the ceiling alone in my 'normal' Bellingham.  I wish the ceilings were a bit higher and space is really limited.  But it still remains my favorite.  

I also see that you're getting ready for another conference?  Are you and your mother still building things for that?  

Oh my - did you ever do anything with your Royal Dream?  I sold mine early on - to finance buying my next project.  But I still remember that first build fondly.  And although those thin walls were REALLY irritating when adding the electricity, the house was so light-weight when it was done.  That was amazing.  I would DEFINITELY get the wallpapering inside done BEFORE each ceiling was added if I had it to do over again.  What a pain in the neck that was!  

Well best wishes to you.  Pat

4. LED lighting for small spaces

Oh, that is such a cool house, Patricia, and you're doing a wonderful job!
  5. Doll made in a Dana Burton class, Kansas City show, 2016

Thank you, genieDOLL! :)
  6. What's everyone working on?

Oh my. That is a rough vacation! Glad everyone ended up okay though. Mom and I are headed to Nebraska State Day this weekend, so I've been working on my swap items. It's an attic theme this year so I decided to go for something that wouldn't really fit in other projects. I made elephant foot umbrella stands and walking sticks. They were a little more work than I first thought they'd be (somehow my swap items always end up that way!  ) but I like how they turned out, especially the later ones. My 5-year-old is begging for one of her own. Tomorrow I'm headed to the Kansas State Fair to demonstrate miniatures for 5 hours. I'm taking supplies to make wind chimes, petunias, and also enough wood to figure out how to miniaturise my mother-in-law's awesome barnwood shelves in both 1:12 and 1:48 scales. I'll also have handouts of little books they can make in 1:12 & 1:48 scales and my 1:576 house with instructions. Hopefully there will be some interest.
  7. Elephant foot umbrella stands.jpg

From the album Miscellaneous Projects

These elephant foot umbrella stands and walking sticks are my items for the 2017 Nebraska State Day swap. The elephant feet are individually formed from paperclay and the walking sticks are painted fancy toothpicks topped with beads.
  8. 2017.jpg

Thank you both! :)
  9. 2016 Left.jpg

Thank you, Samantha! The paper is scrapbook paper and the organ is a Bespaq set I picked up on a whim at a miniature shop in Duluth, Minnesota.
  10. 2016 Window.jpg

Thank you both! Pgwyn, I printed off a leaded glass window design from the internet, then taped the plexi over it and used lead tape to trace the lines. The lead tape I used is intended to add weight to tennis rackets, and is rather wide. I cut it into 4 skinnier strips before laying it down. After getting everything else done, I glued the windows in and used Triple Thick on both sides to make the windows look like wavy antique glass. This is the tutorial I followed: http://glorioustwelfth.blogspot.jp/2011/03/how-to-make-dollhouse-miniature-lead.html
  11. 2016 Window.jpg

From the album Nebraska State Day Projects

This is my take on the Cozy Nook project from Nebraska State Day 2016.
  12. 2016 Whole.jpg

13. 2016 Right.jpg

14. 2016 Left.jpg

15. 2017.jpg

From the album Dolls

I dressed and wigged this doll in Dana Burton's class at the Kansas City Dollhouse and Miniature Show in 2017.