• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Marla
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1419 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

Thank you, Holly! Sharon, I've regretted not taking his class all year. I could have used that information multiple times. Gertie sounds like a picky fashionista!  Would it be possible with all the layers around the waist, to lower some of them and have them kind of hang or start lower on her hips so there's less bulk? Dana has us glue the clothing on and they just have pantaloons so there's no extra bulk. I know how to sew but it's been years. I ripped out too many seams in 4-H and it kind of burned me out on sewing. ;)
  2. Doll made in a Dana Burton class, Kansas City show, 2016

Thank you! Dana's dolls are beautiful!
  3. Doll made in a Dana Burton class, Kansas City show, 2016

Thank you, Jo! Quite a compliment coming from a doll artist like yourself!  
  4. What's everyone working on?

@WyckedWood Thank you! I'm very grateful for the opportunities to go to this show and Nebraska State Day in Omaha. There is so much to learn and do in the miniature world!
  5. What's everyone working on?

I finally found the pics and got them uploaded in a new album. Dana is coming back to the Kansas CIty show in June and I've signed up for her class again, along with the class for the matching vanity and Bradley Meinke's furniture finishing class. Bradley just achieved IGMA fellow, so that's pretty cool!
  6. From the album Dolls

All the swap items, ready for Nebraska State Day 2016
  7. What's everyone working on?

I've recently introduced three friends to the joys of this hobby. One commented the other night after our club meeting that in just the few months she's been coming, we've worked with so many different mediums. She's amazed every time she sees something new. I think they're all going to make it to the KC show with Mom and me.  Three more have succumbed to the siren song of dollhouse miniatures! Muahahaha! ;)
  8. What's everyone working on?

I took a Dana Burton class last year, thinking that my doll was going to turn out horribly but it didn't! She has some great tutorials on her youtube channel and her website. There's also this page with lots of tutorials from several doll artists including Dana. :)
  9. Brick and Mortar miniature shops?

Wow, that's even worse than I thought! They did manage to remove the Kansas City shop that closed down a few years ago but I see that the Duluth, MN shop I visited has the old address (that cost us a bunch of time, parking costs, & a lot of physical pain & bother) and there's one in Birmingham, AL that's not listed at all. This site is the reason I knew that a local miniature club existed but the contact info didn't go to the person listed at all. I'm just glad that I managed to get a hold of the arts person at the State Fair and that she decided to give me a club member's info. But yeah, caveat emptor: look the places up before going, check to see if there's a current FB page, call, email, do something to make sure they exist and double check the address.
  10. The Kansas City show is coming up June 9 and 10 in Lee's Summit, MO. There are several classes available, including some new ones and another Dana Burton class. I'll be there both days and am signed up for several classes, plus Mom and I may be joined by all the ladies who are in our new mini club. Who else is planning to come?
  11. Brick and Mortar miniature shops?

This website has a listing of stores by state and country. They also have a directory of clubs, but I'm not sure how accurate any of it is. I've tried multiple times over the past year to update our club's contact info and have had no response with any of the methods. Still, the info is worth a try.
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I'm researching for a friend who's going to Branson soon and found these in that general area: A Joseph Angel: https://springfield.craigslist.org/clt/6024864708.html A neat tower of shops: https://fayar.craigslist.org/clt/6071139404.html And a Marquam Hill in desperate need of TLC: https://loz.craigslist.org/tag/6011488937.html The Marquam Hill is on my 'want forever' list but I'm literally out of room at the moment. So stop looking at me with those big, sad windows! :shakes finger:
  13. A 1950s house

I have friends whose real life house is a split level with 7 levels. Basement, family room (that's partly underground), main floor, kids' bedrooms, master suite, and then two more levels. A family who had it before had 10 kids and I'm assuming the upper levels have bedrooms, although my friends use it for storage and I think some is sitting empty for now.
  14. What's everyone working on?

I just emailed my mom and three local friends about starting a 1:12 mini club in my house. Some of us are in a club 30 miles away that's primarily 1:48 scale, but others can't get there due to work and some just don't enjoy 1:48 as much as 1:12 (although they still do it because, hey - minis!). One friend has already sent a very, VERY emphatic 'YES!'.  I have several project ideas in mind, including a room corner on a tile snitched from Casey's blog and my LOVE wall shelves and wind chimes. Those would give us a good start for a few months and give them a nice little completed something to enjoy and to display other little projects in.