• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Marla
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1269 profile views
  1. What's everyone working on?

I just emailed my mom and three local friends about starting a 1:12 mini club in my house. Some of us are in a club 30 miles away that's primarily 1:48 scale, but others can't get there due to work and some just don't enjoy 1:48 as much as 1:12 (although they still do it because, hey - minis!). One friend has already sent a very, VERY emphatic 'YES!'.  I have several project ideas in mind, including a room corner on a tile snitched from Casey's blog and my LOVE wall shelves and wind chimes. Those would give us a good start for a few months and give them a nice little completed something to enjoy and to display other little projects in.
  2. Chandelier Installation

I've only wired one house and I took the easy way out and used these chandelier adapters. There's a video here from HBS showing how they work.
  3. hello from Perú

Welcome! I was excited to see you mention wonderful Peru, one of the very few countries I've visited! I enjoyed my time in Lima, Iquitos, and Ferreñafe, and hope you enjoy your time here.  
  4. What's everyone working on?

Sadly, instead of mini-ing, I've been dealing with health crapola, homeschooling, trucking the hobbit everywhere, and... hosting a princess party. With dollhouses. They were a hit. My wee beastie is the one in the foreground. 
  5. Colorado question

There's a listing of clubs here but it's possible they're not up to date. Our club in Kansas is listed but with the wrong contact info and I emailed them a year ago with the correct info. Still worth a try though. If you're a member of NAME, there's a list of clubs here as well.
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

There's a Brinca Dada Emerson for sale through the Facebook Marketplace in Wichita. It's not my typical style but for some reason I've always loved that house since the first time I saw one. Sadly, the husband might throw his first miniature-related hissy fit if I were to splurge $250 and bring home 1:12 scale house #17. But hey, this would be the first one that doesn't need rehabbing/building/finishing! ;)
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

:gasp!: Another Greenleafer found my favourite store! And the resident miniatures! At least half the time the husband and I go on dates, we end up wandering around one of the two Paramount antique malls (usually the west one - there's another one waaaay out east of Wichita that's not as big) and I visit that case every time. I think it's always half off but it's still too rich for my blood and I agree, those twisty legs are awesome. I've kind of been planning a date where I can bat my eyes and pull the birthday card sometime this month for one piece. ;) I'd be willing to take photos the next time I'm down there if anyone is interested in the pieces.
  8. NO! Say it isn't so!

I was in a store in Birmingham, AL in August 2015 and another in Duluth, MN in August 2016. Norm's is the nearest miniature store to me to the west, and that's a good eight hours. It's almost as far a drive to the nearest store to the east. There used to be several around here. :(
  9. Dollhouse delivered by 'Santa'

Very nice! They're going to love it and you should be proud of the work you've done! Good job, Jaime!
  10. How much do you spend on this hobby?

:does a Jedi hand wave: These are not the receipts you're looking for. Move along. ;)
  11. 1:12 LOVE Shelf in pink

Thanks! I saw a full-size one on Pinterest and had to shrink it. :)
  12. 1:12 LOVE Shelf in pink

Thank you! :)
  13. What's everyone working on?

I finished my prototype for the 1:48 scale LOVE shelves last week and the kits yesterday and we had our meeting/Christmas party last night. I think they enjoyed it. One lady finished her shelves and took two more kits home. :)
  14. LOVE shelves in 1:48 scale

From the album Miscellaneous Projects

I swore I would never shrink this one down, but the ladies at mini club expressed interest, and... well, I was curious if I could do it.
  15. That's a whole lotta love! :D

From the album Miscellaneous Projects

All the swap items, ready for Nebraska State Day 2016