LadyGunn

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by LadyGunn

1. Has Dana emailed the instructions and tool list to you?
  2. My mom, two friends, and I are going. One friend and I are taking Dana's class and I think all of us are in Bradley's class on Saturday morning. Another friend will be in the cabinet building class on Friday. We need some way of identifying each other! Maybe light-up hats that spell out 'Greenleaf'? ;) :D
  3. I also tack a 's' on the end of both of those for different results, and also search for 'miniature' and 'miniatures'. (One of those searches on the Facebook Marketplace is how I recently ended up with a $40 DC Alexandria that is currently de-stinkifying itself in my garage.) I know, it's a sickness, but I have no intention of ever being cured. :D
  4. Holy cow. I completely forgot I started this post. Oops! My apologies, Lawanda and Sharon. I'm glad you can go, Sharon and hope you can get there, Lawanda. I'm taking Dana's doll class and her sister Jil's coordinating vanity class on Friday and Bradley's finishing class on Saturday. A friend who has collected for years (she has two printer's boxes filled with 1:12 items but didn't start making anything until earlier this year) is taking the same Friday classes and she and Mom are also taking Bradley's Saturday class. Another friend is coming separately and I'm not sure what classes she's taking. We're hoping to hit the miniature museum on either Thursday or Sunday before we head home.
  5. Thank you, Holly! Sharon, I've regretted not taking his class all year. I could have used that information multiple times. Gertie sounds like a picky fashionista! Would it be possible with all the layers around the waist, to lower some of them and have them kind of hang or start lower on her hips so there's less bulk? Dana has us glue the clothing on and they just have pantaloons so there's no extra bulk. I know how to sew but it's been years. I ripped out too many seams in 4-H and it kind of burned me out on sewing. ;)
  6. Thank you, Jo! Quite a compliment coming from a doll artist like yourself!
  7. @WyckedWood Thank you! I'm very grateful for the opportunities to go to this show and Nebraska State Day in Omaha. There is so much to learn and do in the miniature world!
  8. I finally found the pics and got them uploaded in a new album. Dana is coming back to the Kansas CIty show in June and I've signed up for her class again, along with the class for the matching vanity and Bradley Meinke's furniture finishing class. Bradley just achieved IGMA fellow, so that's pretty cool!
  9. From the album: Dolls

All the swap items, ready for Nebraska State Day 2016
  10. I've recently introduced three friends to the joys of this hobby. One commented the other night after our club meeting that in just the few months she's been coming, we've worked with so many different mediums. She's amazed every time she sees something new. I think they're all going to make it to the KC show with Mom and me. Three more have succumbed to the siren song of dollhouse miniatures! Muahahaha! ;)
  11. I took a Dana Burton class last year, thinking that my doll was going to turn out horribly but it didn't! She has some great tutorials on her youtube channel and her website. There's also this page with lots of tutorials from several doll artists including Dana. :)
  12. Wow, that's even worse than I thought! They did manage to remove the Kansas City shop that closed down a few years ago but I see that the Duluth, MN shop I visited has the old address (that cost us a bunch of time, parking costs, & a lot of physical pain & bother) and there's one in Birmingham, AL that's not listed at all. This site is the reason I knew that a local miniature club existed but the contact info didn't go to the person listed at all. I'm just glad that I managed to get a hold of the arts person at the State Fair and that she decided to give me a club member's info. But yeah, caveat emptor: look the places up before going, check to see if there's a current FB page, call, email, do something to make sure they exist and double check the address.
  13. The Kansas City show is coming up June 9 and 10 in Lee's Summit, MO. There are several classes available, including some new ones and another Dana Burton class. I'll be there both days and am signed up for several classes, plus Mom and I may be joined by all the ladies who are in our new mini club. Who else is planning to come?
  14. This website has a listing of stores by state and country. They also have a directory of clubs, but I'm not sure how accurate any of it is. I've tried multiple times over the past year to update our club's contact info and have had no response with any of the methods. Still, the info is worth a try.
  15. I'm researching for a friend who's going to Branson soon and found these in that general area: A Joseph Angel: https://springfield.craigslist.org/clt/6024864708.html A neat tower of shops: https://fayar.craigslist.org/clt/6071139404.html And a Marquam Hill in desperate need of TLC: https://loz.craigslist.org/tag/6011488937.html The Marquam Hill is on my 'want forever' list but I'm literally out of room at the moment. So stop looking at me with those big, sad windows! :shakes finger:
  16. I have friends whose real life house is a split level with 7 levels. Basement, family room (that's partly underground), main floor, kids' bedrooms, master suite, and then two more levels. A family who had it before had 10 kids and I'm assuming the upper levels have bedrooms, although my friends use it for storage and I think some is sitting empty for now.
  17. I just emailed my mom and three local friends about starting a 1:12 mini club in my house. Some of us are in a club 30 miles away that's primarily 1:48 scale, but others can't get there due to work and some just don't enjoy 1:48 as much as 1:12 (although they still do it because, hey - minis!). One friend has already sent a very, VERY emphatic 'YES!'. I have several project ideas in mind, including a room corner on a tile snitched from Casey's blog and my LOVE wall shelves and wind chimes. Those would give us a good start for a few months and give them a nice little completed something to enjoy and to display other little projects in.
  18. I've only wired one house and I took the easy way out and used these chandelier adapters. There's a video here from HBS showing how they work.
  19. Welcome! I was excited to see you mention wonderful Peru, one of the very few countries I've visited! I enjoyed my time in Lima, Iquitos, and Ferreñafe, and hope you enjoy your time here.
  20. Sadly, instead of mini-ing, I've been dealing with health crapola, homeschooling, trucking the hobbit everywhere, and... hosting a princess party. With dollhouses. They were a hit. My wee beastie is the one in the foreground.
  21. There's a listing of clubs here but it's possible they're not up to date. Our club in Kansas is listed but with the wrong contact info and I emailed them a year ago with the correct info. Still worth a try though. If you're a member of NAME, there's a list of clubs here as well.
  22. There's a Brinca Dada Emerson for sale through the Facebook Marketplace in Wichita. It's not my typical style but for some reason I've always loved that house since the first time I saw one. Sadly, the husband might throw his first miniature-related hissy fit if I were to splurge $250 and bring home 1:12 scale house #17. But hey, this would be the first one that doesn't need rehabbing/building/finishing! ;)
  23. :gasp!: Another Greenleafer found my favourite store! And the resident miniatures! At least half the time the husband and I go on dates, we end up wandering around one of the two Paramount antique malls (usually the west one - there's another one waaaay out east of Wichita that's not as big) and I visit that case every time. I think it's always half off but it's still too rich for my blood and I agree, those twisty legs are awesome. I've kind of been planning a date where I can bat my eyes and pull the birthday card sometime this month for one piece. ;) I'd be willing to take photos the next time I'm down there if anyone is interested in the pieces.