LadyGunn

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by LadyGunn

1. I hope this is okay to post here. If not, please move or remove. Thank you.

The following was posted in several Facebook groups I'm in. Please keep your eyes open for this mouse. Thanks. :)

"I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me. I had my Hickory Dickory Clock Shoppe on display at the Tucson Miniature Show this weekend. The whole show went really well, and everybody loved my clock shop. It was really fun to hear everybody's comments.

Sometime during the last half hour of the show on Sunday, somebody stole one of the mice off my clock shop. I'm totally devastated that somebody would do this. The mouse was a special part of my display and custom made for me. I just don't understand why people have to ruin other peoples things and take things that aren't theirs.

They stole the mouse pictured. He is a REAL size mouse, NOT a 1/12 scale teeny-tiny mouse.

The Clock Shop and my So Little Time projects are scheduled to be on exhibit at the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum over the holidays. The mice are a big part of the theme this year, as Lisa the director of the museum told me when she requested these two pieces from me. I'm planning on putting little Santa hats on each of the mice. I think the kids will get a kick out of seeing them.

I'm hoping that somehow the mouse will get returned to me. Kind of like the miracle that happened with Teresa Layman's stitching piece that got anonymously returned to her after being stolen at a show. They can return the mouse directly to me, or to the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum, no questions asked.

If anybody knows anything, or hears, or sees the mouse anywhere, please let me know.

Thank you so much!
    Connie Sauve"

Connie Sauve Hickory Dickory Dock Shoppe.jpg

Connie Sauve stolen mouse.jpg

• Like 1
  2. Oh my. That is a rough vacation! Glad everyone ended up okay though.

Mom and I are headed to Nebraska State Day this weekend, so I've been working on my swap items. It's an attic theme this year so I decided to go for something that wouldn't really fit in other projects. I made elephant foot umbrella stands and walking sticks. They were a little more work than I first thought they'd be (somehow my swap items always end up that way! :D ) but I like how they turned out, especially the later ones. My 5-year-old is begging for one of her own. :D

Tomorrow I'm headed to the Kansas State Fair to demonstrate miniatures for 5 hours. I'm taking supplies to make wind chimes, petunias, and also enough wood to figure out how to miniaturise my mother-in-law's awesome barnwood shelves in both 1:12 and 1:48 scales. I'll also have handouts of little books they can make in 1:12 & 1:48 scales and my 1:576 house with instructions. Hopefully there will be some interest.

• Like 2
  3. I've enjoyed putting together Dana Burton's kits. She does limited runs and they're generally $65 + $5 shipping for the doll, wigging, and everything needed to dress her. She has great tutorials and does classes at shows, although she's taking next year off from teaching to work on a book.

Her website is http://www.miniatureart.com/ and there are links to her Facebook pages, YouTube channel, and more.

4. I've been cramming to finish up some items that I'm displaying at one of the local libraries. Today was the deadline and it's finally all in! I was worried I wouldn't have enough to fill the case but the display was smaller than I remembered and there was one item I couldn't squeeze in. Pictures here.

Next deadline is the state fair. I have a roombox and a doll to finish for that. Then I'm teaching the project at the next club meeting and have to prep that. Then I need to be ready with enough miniatures to demonstrate for 5 hours at the fair. After the demo, we leave for Nebraska State Day where I need to have 21 swap items! Why does everything hit at once?! :coffee:  :eek::cheezy:

• Like 1
  5. I've considered streaming to Twitch.tv's creative channels and several friends through there have said they'd be very interested in watching me make miniatures. Sadly, our internet is too slow and I'm not going to add hundreds of dollars each year to our bill just to try something that this introverted person might hate. On Twitch, there's a chat going on the side and people ask questions or just chat with the streamer. Add in the Discord app, and they can come into your channel and actually talk with you. :)

• Like 1
  6. Yay. :/ Glad we have an external hard drive for storing photos, but I still have a lot on Photobucket that I apparently need to move off. They also changed their app and I haven't been able to back my cell phone pictures up to their site since sometime last year. I thought it was an issue on my end but now I'm wondering. Oh well.

7. Remember the odd lot of random bits of trim and siding leftover from an Arthur that someone posted on ebay last month? Well, I messaged and told the guy what he has, but it didn't sell and he's relisted it with the exact same description of "not sure if it's the whole house or not" malarky. At least it's $8.99 now instead of $9.49 (plus $8.15 shipping). :deadpan voice: Woo. Big savings on such an amazing lot.

Now this. This is what I came to post about. There's a Kickstarter for a small 3D printer that looks like a very nice deal. The husband and I are thinking of backing it so we can get one at the cheaper price. He's not ready to pull the trigger quite yet though. My trigger finger, on the other hand... ;)

And now for the craigslist enabling:

Alexandria in Wichita, KS for $125: https://wichita.craigslist.org/bab/6177301525.html (Good thing I found one for $40 a while ago or I'd be frothing at the mouth for this one)

Plantation dollhouse in Tulsa, OK for $100: https://tulsa.craigslist.org/bab/6196817503.html

One of those plasticy front-opening houses (Sharon has a very nice one) in the Tulsa area for $40: https://tulsa.craigslist.org/tag/6210082066.html

A new Ikea dollhouse in the box in Tulsa, OK for $25: https://tulsa.craigslist.org/tag/6211368757.html (I was thinking, "Gee, that looks just like a Lundby! ... Hey genius, it says Lundby right on the box." I are brilliant. :D )

8. On 6/24/2017, 11:58:39, Beulah said:

oh the messier the better, makes for a creative mind I say lol

In that case, I'm crazy creative! ;)

I took a couple of panoramic photos of the two rooms my stash (and Mom's) are in. They're terrifying! :eek: Will save them for when they're a 'before' and I have a reasonable 'after'. I'm in the midst of reorganising it all and there's a lot that isn't even miniature stuff in the bedroom (Mom used to stay with us occasionally and some of her things are still in there). I'm trying to get everything sorted into shoebox-sized boxes so there are piles of mini kitchen items on the third floor of the Arrow Royal Dream, wall decor items on the second floor, and miscellaneous decor items in the main floor. not to mention the stacks of open boxes labelled "Toys" and "Christmas" and "Flower Kits" and "Misc Garden Stuff" and "Anglophile Project" and "Trims" and "Naked Dolls" and on and on and on... My husband pitched in on Friday and it already looks much better. He moved the chair and microwave out and we're trying to get the bed out next so we can move a round table in that the current house project will go on, which will clear up the big table in the family room for small projects and the mini club. I really need to go through and sell things that I won't use, but also want to give the two nieces and one daughter I'm rehabbing houses for a chance to claim what they'd like. :dunno:

• Like 2
  9. It was great to see you again, Sharon, and to meet you, Contrary Housewife!

I learned new things from last year in the doll class and the vanity class was good too. Mom, both friends, and I had a great time and we all found some amazing new treasures. All four of us are taking Bradley's class tomorrow morning then hitting the sales tables one last time before going to drool all over the miniature museum.

10. At the motel in Lees Summit! I'll be in either a maroon t-shirt that says "Skirmish Responsibly" with fighting stick figures, a brown t-shirt that says "Serenity" with the spaceship from the Firefly TV show, or a long lavender tunic with purple and black leggings. We'll see what mood I'm in. ;)

The easiest way to spot me will probably be my brown hair. It'll likely be up in a bun held with a fork but it's just past my bum if it's still damp and loose. That's not too hard to spot. :D

• Like 1
  11. I researched the whaley out of Dana's website and youtube last year before I went and was the only one with all the needed tools but we all shared and got by just fine. It can work again this year. :)

Day after tomorrow! Whee! :D