LadyGunn

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Image Comments posted by LadyGunn

1. Thank you both!

Pgwyn, I printed off a leaded glass window design from the internet, then taped the plexi over it and used lead tape to trace the lines. The lead tape I used is intended to add weight to tennis rackets, and is rather wide. I cut it into 4 skinnier strips before laying it down. After getting everything else done, I glued the windows in and used Triple Thick on both sides to make the windows look like wavy antique glass. This is the tutorial I followed: http://glorioustwelfth.blogspot.jp/2011/03/how-to-make-dollhouse-miniature-lead.html

2. Basically, you build each section twice, then sandwich the screen between. First, plot out the size and what pieces you'll need, then make a pattern on a piece of paper, outlining each piece. (The 10th picture down here shows it fairly well. Mom and I are in pic #14.) Lay a piece of wax paper over the pattern and assemble one side. Once the glue is dried on that, put another piece of wax paper over the completed side, then build the second one >on top of the first<. That way they're sure to line up. Paint first, then glue the screen between. It's tedious and time-consuming but definitely worth the work. Here's a picture of one of my sides clamped. You can see the notches I cut out to hold the top bracers, one of which holds the swing. I would suggest using pretty thin pieces of strip wood, as they'll be doubled. Using anything too thick would make the wall really clunky.

Have fun with your Garfield! :)

3. I'm sorry the glue dots aren't holding. The top plexiglass on mine is getting scratches on it from the shingles whenever it's slid in or out, so no answer is perfect. The other 1:12 house entered (also an Orchid) had thick clear plastic pinned over the opening. All the other exhibits were in display boxes or under glass domes. There was no requirement, but it just makes sense to cover anything you don't want messed with.