Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Marla
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

3,102 profile views
  1. I'll be there! I'm taking Dana's doll class again, Jil's dodo bird class, and the metal mini-painting class. Are you taking any classes?
  2. Welcome, Lindsay! I don't know if you're aware, but there are several very active miniature groups in Omaha. One has a blog here: http://ocbmg.blogspot.com/ That's a great group of people and wonderful miniaturists.
  3. I hope this is okay to post here. If not, please move or remove. Thank you. The following was posted in several Facebook groups I'm in. Please keep your eyes open for this mouse. Thanks. "I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me. I had my Hickory Dickory Clock Shoppe on display at the Tucson Miniature Show this weekend. The whole show went really well, and everybody loved my clock shop. It was really fun to hear everybody's comments. Sometime during the last half hour of the show on Sunday, somebody stole one of the mice off my clock shop. I'm totally devastated that somebody would do this. The mouse was a special part of my display and custom made for me. I just don't understand why people have to ruin other peoples things and take things that aren't theirs. They stole the mouse pictured. He is a REAL size mouse, NOT a 1/12 scale teeny-tiny mouse. The Clock Shop and my So Little Time projects are scheduled to be on exhibit at the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum over the holidays. The mice are a big part of the theme this year, as Lisa the director of the museum told me when she requested these two pieces from me. I'm planning on putting little Santa hats on each of the mice. I think the kids will get a kick out of seeing them. I'm hoping that somehow the mouse will get returned to me. Kind of like the miracle that happened with Teresa Layman's stitching piece that got anonymously returned to her after being stolen at a show. They can return the mouse directly to me, or to the Tucson Mini Time Machine Museum, no questions asked. If anybody knows anything, or hears, or sees the mouse anywhere, please let me know. Thank you so much! Connie Sauve"
  4. Oh, that is such a cool house, Patricia, and you're doing a wonderful job!
  5. Oh my. That is a rough vacation! Glad everyone ended up okay though. Mom and I are headed to Nebraska State Day this weekend, so I've been working on my swap items. It's an attic theme this year so I decided to go for something that wouldn't really fit in other projects. I made elephant foot umbrella stands and walking sticks. They were a little more work than I first thought they'd be (somehow my swap items always end up that way! ) but I like how they turned out, especially the later ones. My 5-year-old is begging for one of her own. Tomorrow I'm headed to the Kansas State Fair to demonstrate miniatures for 5 hours. I'm taking supplies to make wind chimes, petunias, and also enough wood to figure out how to miniaturise my mother-in-law's awesome barnwood shelves in both 1:12 and 1:48 scales. I'll also have handouts of little books they can make in 1:12 & 1:48 scales and my 1:576 house with instructions. Hopefully there will be some interest.
  6. LadyGunn

2017.jpg

Thank you both! :)
  7. LadyGunn

2016 Left.jpg

Thank you, Samantha! The paper is scrapbook paper and the organ is a Bespaq set I picked up on a whim at a miniature shop in Duluth, Minnesota.
  8. LadyGunn

2016 Window.jpg

Thank you both! Pgwyn, I printed off a leaded glass window design from the internet, then taped the plexi over it and used lead tape to trace the lines. The lead tape I used is intended to add weight to tennis rackets, and is rather wide. I cut it into 4 skinnier strips before laying it down. After getting everything else done, I glued the windows in and used Triple Thick on both sides to make the windows look like wavy antique glass. This is the tutorial I followed: http://glorioustwelfth.blogspot.jp/2011/03/how-to-make-dollhouse-miniature-lead.html
  9. LadyGunn

Dolls

10. I've enjoyed putting together Dana Burton's kits. She does limited runs and they're generally $65 + $5 shipping for the doll, wigging, and everything needed to dress her. She has great tutorials and does classes at shows, although she's taking next year off from teaching to work on a book. Her website is http://www.miniatureart.com/ and there are links to her Facebook pages, YouTube channel, and more.
  11. I've been cramming to finish up some items that I'm displaying at one of the local libraries. Today was the deadline and it's finally all in! I was worried I wouldn't have enough to fill the case but the display was smaller than I remembered and there was one item I couldn't squeeze in. Pictures here. Next deadline is the state fair. I have a roombox and a doll to finish for that. Then I'm teaching the project at the next club meeting and have to prep that. Then I need to be ready with enough miniatures to demonstrate for 5 hours at the fair. After the demo, we leave for Nebraska State Day where I need to have 21 swap items! Why does everything hit at once?!