Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Country
    Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

885 profile views
  1. Suprise! ☺️ Totally interested! I still have the house. I haven't taken it out of its crate since I packaged it years ago.
  2. Hi Everyone! I was getting a lot of messages in my inbox regarding the house. Well, I ended up having it professionally packed in a museum quality crate and I've been storing it in a climate controlled storage unit. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with it. I'd like to eventually sell it but it would have to be the right buyer. Thanks again for all the condolences and information regarding my house. All the best in the New Year! :)
  3. Oops, sorry moderators. Please delete or edit my post if needed.
  4. Hi Soapz, Thank you for the detailed reply! I was able to speak with Pat Thomas last week. She provided some really good info regarding the house and it's history and rarity but wasn't able to offer any insight into actual value of my house. She did point me in the right direction though and I've been obsessing over this stuff over the last week. Researching online, calling miniature auction houses, appraisers, chatting with people from all over the world via email etc. I've always known that my moms work and this house was special but now I realize how truly remarkable it is. Funny you bring up mydollshouse.com in Torrance. I have the shop owners coming by this Sunday to view the house and collection. I've looked at http://shop.mydollshouse.com/towerhouse30.aspx many times online and I've viewed it in person once. It's really nice! I must say though, if my moms house was 100% completed as she envisioned it, it would be on another level compared to Tower House #30, and that's my honest unbiased opinion. (but don't get me wrong #30 is an amazing dollhouse no doubt about it!) Tower House #30 $9,600. (Furniture not included) Based on that I think $10,000 for my Tower House and entire collection would be a fair price. I took into consideration that my Tower House is not 100% completed, yet the craftsmanship and materials used in what has been completed is of the highest standard. On top of that I am including an extensive collection of fine miniature furniture, building materials, tools and supplies so I think 10k is a good deal. I'd like to hear what you all think about my price point. Too low? Too high? On point? Want to buy it? Thank again everyone for all the feedback and advice!
  5. Hi everyone, Well... I finally had a chance to photograph the entire collection and posted 150+ pictures to http://instagram.com/lcdminiatures enjoy
  6. Today I did some digging though emails and learned that the stained glass is one-off custom made by Barbara Sabia ... perty cool!
  7. Hi Queenannediva, This is correct. Check out the plate on the house
  8. Hi everyone Thank you for all of the condolences and wonderful remarks about my moms house. I am really happy I was able to find this forum and share her work with all of you. As some of you suggested, I have thought about finishing this house but to be honest I don't have the time or skills to complete it to the specifications it deserves. My mom was a bit of a perfectionist in her work and I could never reach her level of craftsmanship / knowledge of period specific interior / exterior design. Right now I am in the process of going through all these boxes of miniatures. I think she might have been obsessed with collecting fine miniatures lol. A lot of the boxes say 'Made in England' and the contents look to be very nice indeed. Looks to be mostly Victorian items. I need to spend some time and find out what all of this is worth as a complete package. If any of you experts have any insight into the possible value of the house please chime in. I'll post more pictures tonight. If anyone is on instagram you can follow the house @lcdminiatures http://instagram.com/lcdminiatures I will let Noel and Pat know about the house tonight!
  9. Hi Greenleafs This house has been in our family since 1980 and was untouched until my Mom started working on it in 2011. On December 23rd 2013 my Mom passed away from a sudden heart attack and left me this house along with an extensive collection of miniature building materials, miniature tools, a massive collection of miniature furniture and more. The house is unfinished, looks to be wired for electrical, roofs not finished, interior is untouched with the exception of wiring. I have boxes and boxes of miniature furniture, enough to furnish this whole house and then some. I have all the building materials she used on the exterior including slate tiles, real mini bricks (cool), brass rain gutters, English slate for the roof and a HUGE collection of trim and moldings. My mom was fanatical about Victorian stuff lol. Currently going through all the boxes and documenting everything then it will all be for sale/auction. Lots of pictures at http://instagram.com/lcdminiatures I'll be posting more pics in the coming days ... :Jumpy: