Profile Information

• Interests
    Dollhouses, trains, video games,

Previous Fields

• Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

504 profile views
  1. Agreed, it has more visual balance as well. And the little details really bring the base to the same level as the urchin, if that makes any sense.
  2. I had never heard of this condition before. (I have a problem with fragrances, but it's more of an asthma/allergy thing) I think it's very important to raise awareness of things like this, I never thought of airfresheners as spewing toxins on people. Way to go on talking to the CEO, lesser known disabilities need to be heard.
  3. GSnail

Spooky farmhouse- Montana style

A spooky haunted farmhouse from an Arthur and Primrose bash, made to look like the unreleased Greenleaf Montana kit.
  4. I like it! It is quite clear and simple, and the result is very nice. I want to try now, I just need some filigrees.
  5. I got the 12x24 pieces from hobby lobby, which is good enough. (Now that I think of it though, I could probably find the same at this art store that sold a lot of craft wood and hobby stuff, so next time I'll go there)
  6. I keep running into that one on google searches. There's something about the proportions of that house, it's so beautiful even in unfinished state. I can't wait to see yours!
  7. None at ours, either. I'm going to try menards, otherwise I suppose the best way is to order some. Crazy how hard it is to find this.
  8. I had to trim down the sides of the front gable and the straight part (above the square window) to make it lay down. I still need to trim more, actually, because it still isn't perfect. I think that may be why it comes with top of roof trim.
  9. I have a sheet that I was using to make the added walls and such, and I thought Home Depot still had them, but now they carry a different cabinet back with a covering on each side. I've had no luck finding door skin or Luann at a nearby lumberyard. Where do you find 1/8 inch plywood?
  10. I have a question about using Popsicle sticks for siding on a 1/12 scale house. I have thin stir sticks, medium Popsicle sticks and thick tongue depressors. I know the stir sticks would be too small, but which of the larger two would be more in scale for wood siding? (I prefer to use these rather than the thin veneer because it seems less likely to warp.) Thank you.
  11. It would have to be a house that was at least three stories, so you could cut out the second floor in the middle, and it would have to be quite wide, for the two landings to go somewhere. And since it is such a boldly symmetrical feature, symmetry in the rest of the house would look neat. So perhaps one of the large square houses, like the Jefferson or willow. And since the view of the stairs would be best seen from the entrance point of view, a front-opening model might also work. I like two story entryways, this sounds really cool.
  12. I really love the effect of the light shining through the sea urchin and the pattern it has. The base reminds me a bit of a gnarled tree or a cave stalagmite. Together it has a sort of spooky-underwater feel to me.