248 Excellent

About minikelli

• Birthday 01/08/82

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Ohio
  • Interests Love my animals, or more accurately my version of kids. lol Also, crochet and cross stitch, as well as working on my miniatures :)

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Kelli
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

6840 profile views
  1. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Sam, I found myself asking for prayers for my family just the other day. Know that you and your family most definitely have mine!
  2. What are you up to today? This week?

Alright, it's a bit past 3am here but home now. Even the EMT's thought she was having a heart attack in the ambulance, but in getting to the hospital after getting ultrasounds done she was found to have a "major" gallstone. She's on a restricted diet for the time being, until she can schedule surgery. Just know through all of my CPR certifications she was literally a textbook case of heart attack symptoms, and scared me to no end!  
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

Selkie, when I typed that I thought my mom was having a heart attack. Thankfully just got a call that it may just be her gallbladder, and that those symptoms can perfectly mimic a heart attack. Just waiting for her ultrasounds to be read. Thank you though!!!  
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Just a quick prayer request! In addition, that perhaps Fate can lay off my family -- b/c I'm not too sure how much more I can take...
  5. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Jenn, that was my initial thought as well -- but am hoping that little house will have a happy ending with someone else...  
  6. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Saw this in CA Craigslist, if anyone near wants to rescue it: https://ventura.craigslist.org/art/d/free-dollhouse-in-progress/6264552253.html
  7. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Samantha, that's the same kit I picked up in box for $50 last week with a multitude of different furniture pieces! I had been looking for one for several years that was decently priced. lol It will hopefully be the house I build for our Children's Hospital Gala fundraiser next year.   
  8. Hurricane Irma

Glad to hear so many are checking in and while still dealing with damage, are not necessarily dealing with as much as they thought they would. You and your families all remain in my thoughts and prayers!  <3
  9. What are you up to today? This week?

Jodi, it's odd you mention how your aunt has alienated most of your family -- as that's basically what my father does. That's a truly good thought though, and as I love research and have friends that work in the local Job & Fam. Services -- I can talk to them and see if there's anything available. We found out what my cousin's child died from, and while I wish I could say it would have been quick all we've gotten from the Dr is that his epilepsy kicked in while he was sleeping, thus the face down position in bed and caused him to have a heart attack. At 19 years young, you just don't think of that as a possibility. Dave has reached out to me already, as he's the only other mini-lover in the family that he and his wife are wanting a majority of his collection to come to me. I'm only hoping if that's the case, that I'm able to do them justice and really dedicate whatever I may build to his memory! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they're more appreciated than you know!
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

Jeannine, that may sound corny for some but I've made a habit to post a daily thanks every day on my FB. Helps to remember no matter how small there are always good things to live for in life... think it's just been piling on a little bit quicker and more heavily than I'm used to. Susie, I appreciate it! May sound odd, but while I've been praying for the rest of my family, all of those that may be in the hurricane paths, and the western forest fires -- I don't like praying and asking for help for myself. Suppose it's one of those oddball things that feel selfish to me, but knowing others may add my family and I to their prayer lists -- makes me more grateful than you all can know! <3
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Welcome back Mary! I think today, I'm just at a sincere point of wondering when do things start to look up? Between my cousin being told he will probably be dead with-in a couple of weeks, the stress of trying to raise enough money to help my folks get their roof repaired, having what could be deemed a bit of a blowup with my father over his alcoholism, to being awoken today to news of my cousin Dave being called in the hospital by his wife to say their son was found this morning face down and gone -- still don't know how, but he's dead now too.  Soooo incredibly ready for things to start to level out to at least half-way normal and not so depressive and crazy! Prayers that everyone else is managing, and that all of you in Florida and regions looking to be effected by the hurricanes manage to stay safe! My many thanks to everyone here for being so supportive and just providing the simplicity of an open ear to talk to when needed.  <3
  12. Old walmer shop

There are actually a couple of these that I've seen on Ebay recently...
  13. What's everyone working on?

Let me just say, there is a very valid reason I never became an electrician! The instructions are clear enough to put it together, but boy was I getting frustrated having to strip wires and fit them through holes without the copper bunching up. I think the base of the light sockets is done now, but am going to wait until morning to put bulbs in and see if I can turn it on without issue before I glue everything in place...
  14. What's everyone working on?

Had a definite moment of just being blindsided by family news the other day, still trying to wrap my head around it... So knowing that my mother has a birthday coming up here in a couple of weeks I decided to buckle down and work on my gift to her. I don't know if anyone remember the old Hogarth Lamp kits that were put out by Walmer/Designer Home miniatures. I've had the lamp kit in my stash for a good while, and I think this is a good one to gift to my mom as while she's probably never going to go ahead and work on a full fledged dollhouse, she's shown enough interest in my mini works that she I think will have fun being able to change out the decor ever so often if she likes. She loves lodge/outdoor themed decor so I'm going to attempt that and make everything removable if she wants to change it. I've also been trying to take pictures of all of my newer dollhouse wallpapers -- just taking me a good bit with the family troubles currently going on. Hope everyone is well, and Heidi I love your new grey coloration on the chateau!  
  15. If you're looking for wallpaper...

Just a head's up for anyone waiting for pictures from me, I wanted to give my apologies! Have been a bit blindsided with a cousin being told this week they've two weeks or so to live, and that's it. Truly nothing anyone expects -- I am getting more pics of wallpapers taken, but am trying to be there for family as well.