minikelli

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by minikelli

1. They truly are -- but I just don't see using them, and I'm not one for "painted" furniture -- I've always preferred stained. So I feel like an unappreciative jerk listing them -- though you can see just how much skill she has in the painting! It's a shame she doesn't do that so much anymore. BUT I do feel good in that hopefully the pieces move on to those who really can/do appreciate them!
  2. I'm wondering if one of those whom posted those links is related to a guy that just told me he spent $100,000 on a dollhouse?!? Mind you when I saw pics of said dollhouse it was a poorly built Duracraft farmhouse... to say the least all I could do was laugh. lol
  3. Taking Sam's advice and letting you guys know that I'm listing some of the artisan miniatures I got at that estate sale. This is the link for the painted bed by Robin Betterley, signed and dated by her though it's in pencil so hard to see in the pics. Other pieces in half scale set being sold in other auctions along with a similar 1:144 scale by her in the same green with pink rosebuds. My apologies now, I'm still getting used to picture taking and posting on E-Bay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/232745930196?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  4. Working slowly but surely on getting my work spaces cleaned up and organized, and hoping fervently that we have finally seen the last of the snow we're meant to until winter sets in again. Amazing how trying to clean up and organize can somehow make you feel so NOT organized... anyways, back to the grindstone of getting stuff moved and changed about. Thanks to those that have posted their own organization efforts -- you're helping to keep me on track with this.
  5. That's the ACP Queen Anne Rowhouse I just got for $40. Nice to see another one that's finished though to get ideas on how I want to do mine up! :)
  6. Thanks Carrie! I've looked on his site as well as Ebay and some other sites -- just the matter I'm not coming across anything he's really done in this scale other than a butter dish. So I'm presuming that these had to be commissioned by the woman that owned the house, as she had a truly astounding collection. I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot when it comes to listing these pieces -- and while I never thought I'd even own a piece by several of these artisans... I also know that 1:12 is still my true love in scale. So while I will work to finish off several of these 1:24 scale houses and kits, I also know these pieces are not meant to stay here with me.
  7. Alright, quick question -- has anyone else come across Pete Acquisto silver tea sets and/or candelabrums in 1:24 scale? I actually found a complete tea set and a three arm candelabrum at the estate sale I went to, all marked and in their original boxes. The candelabrum still has it's original card as well. My question being, since Acquisto doesn't seem to do too much in the smaller scales -- how would one figure out the pricing? B/c admittedly, at the moment I'm sincerely overjoyed/bewildered about this lovely find!
  8. I have two Lawbre houses now, and love them! I especially love my continual work on them as they both came to me as rehab type houses. Love your inspector, and can't wait to see what you two do with this beautiful house! :)
  9. Just to give you all the heads up, I will be adding more pictures to my "sale" album here with-in the next week or so.(At least that's my hope). I had several parties contact me to say they were interested previously, and just letting those that were know -- I'm still looking to clear out some space! My joy truly comes from the building and/or the "fixing" not so much the accessorizing. It's just taken me too many years to realize this! lol
  10. Linda, you're still good -- I'm at somewhere around 60'ish now... Really should re-count and go through what I've donated and given away. But fairly certain I'm right around the 60 mark. lol Bright side, the 3 new ones I got all of them for $55, not including the fact that two of those came either stuffed full of artisan minis or still wrapped up and shoved in another box with artisan minis. Only issue being, my sleep schedule is completely off kilter now from where it should be...
  11. Sooo... I got to do something I haven't before. I got to go to an estate sale of a miniaturist that was full of incredible miniatures! I managed to leave the sale after two days with not one but two new builds as well as a new kit! Oh, and bunches of minis and components to build with! To say the least I am a happy happy person here! I scored an American Craft Products 1:24 Queen Anne Row House, as well as one of their 1800's General Store kits in 1:12 scale. Last but not least the friend I went to the sale with bought a corner store. She wanted all that was in it, but didn't want the store -- so I now have that as well! If I'm correct this would have been made originally by a store in NJ, called The Toy Attic. I think it was the forerunner of what is now known as The Street of Shops by Houseworks. All told, I'm now in the midst of trying to organize all of my new goodies I got. Some I'll resell b/c while I'd love to keep all of it -- I just don't have the room. Truly was a great time in getting to see an incredible collection, as well as the delight of getting to network with other miniaturists that were there. I've enjoyed getting to keep up with you all and what you've been up to -- just the simple matter I've had to catch up on sleep, b/c I was lacking it terribly! lol
  12. minikelli

Estate sale goodies

That glass container looks like one of the many vials I save from my insulin usage -- if you ever have need for more, drop me a pm and I can send a few more your way. Have to agree with Sam, you had some nice finds there -- and for $6, that's super impressive!
  13. Tracy, can't wait to see the roomboxes, they sound incredible -- and if you've been eyeing them for two years... it sounds like you were meant to get them! ;) For myself, I've been nursing what I thought was a cough/cold for the last week and a half, but will be calling the Dr. tomorrow due to the matter of severe back pain which almost always means pneumonia for me -- and I really don't want that! So, while I've been nursing this hacking cough I've been working on a half scale A Frame house. I have literally no idea when/where I got this house from... but it's something to keep me occupied while trying to get over whatever it is I've got. So far I've been busy trimming down 1:12 shingles to 1:24, with the possibility of possibly going a bit smaller to decorate the front. I've also got a vinegar and steel wool aging solution setting up so I can get a nice silvery aged look to this... was thinking I'd do this like a Swiss Chalet style -- but it's still up in the air, as I've been browsing Pinterest and a number of home and cabin sites to try and get an idea for it. Not certain what I'll do with this one once I've got it done up...
  14. Karin, I love your princess! She's so beautifully done! I did get my Ashley dollhouse out of here, done up as a stone cottage with thatch. This was my first time doing both PaperClay as well as thatch, so the house was truly a learning experience! I made it very simplistic, and left some "undone" as I was asked to for it being placed on a table for the idea of children to win... wasn't a real fan of that idea, but went with it. More details on that with the pictures in my album with it. In regards to what I'm currently up to -- working at getting over a cold of sorts, really scratchy throat and a lot of coughing. Thankfully though, NOT the flu! This has let me do a good bit of research in regards to my next, and originally only planned donation dollhouse project for this year. I've been informed the theme for the Children's Hospital fundraising gala will be Moroccan, so have been scouring Pinterest and most anywhere else to come up with Moorish design ideas. I have one house in particular that I think is going to be used, which surprises me b/c I had other plans for it... but it's out in the shop and I can hear it screaming "This is me!!!" Funny how it is that works sometimes... Anyways, that brings me to a question for you all -- who here has tried making their own molds for use with resin? I love the look of Ron Hubbles' walls in his Middle Eastern roomboxes, but he doesn't sell any components like that alone that I can see on his site. For all the jewelry findings and interesting bits and pieces I have collected, I think I can very possibly make my own molds to create my wall sections... but am wondering if the mold making for resin usage is all that different from clay or not? (Can you tell I came here first to ask before going on to look this all up elsewhere?) lol
  15. Added pics into my "sale album" of a French Canopy style bed, will be adding more pictures tonight if anyone is interested. Anything that has sold has been marked, and while I'm looking for certain prices on certain items -- I am definitely open to offers if they're reasonable. Please people, help me clean out some of these minis and get them to other homes they'll be appreciated... otherwise, I'm going to break down buy myself more "storage" and they're not probably going to see the light of day again for a while, while I continue on my building and moving houses out. lol
  16. minikelli

DuraCraft Ashley Donation House

This was originally set to be a Christmas cottage, and then it ended up sitting out with just the basis of the shell built on the workbench stalled. As it was, when I donated the Plum Pudding the next week I got a msg on FB asking if I might not care to donate a house to a local benefit that has been put on for the last five years to raise heart/health awareness, as well as benefit local fire stations. As I've tried donating in the past and no one ever got back with me, I was super excited and said yes before realizing the actual event would be in less than 3 weeks from that date. lol All in all though, after being told it would be put on a children's table and if I could leave some of it "unfinished" for the new owners to work on(that was super hard for me) I liked what I did manage. This was my first time working with both thatch and Paperclay, and I enjoyed both -- and learned a lot! :)
  17. From the album: DuraCraft Ashley Donation House

For those of you that remember my first dollhouse build for my niece so many years ago -- the tiles here are leftover from that project! I still absolutely love using these tiles if/when I can, and as I was told this was going to a child's table -- I wanted to make clean up easier and left out the interior walls(though they were included in that "unfinished" pack of components I was asked to include) for easier use by kiddos. *Amusing point, the sister in law of the auction winner for my other donation house actually won this one.
  18. From the album: DuraCraft Ashley Donation House

When asked if I could donate I knew I had the Ashley in very base shell form out on my workbench -- and was thinking since it was so close to St. Patrick's day I could do an Irish themed stone cottage complete with thatch. However, after mentioning this to the Country Store coordinator, it was then mentioned to me that the "theme" colors were: red, black, and grey and if I could work with-in that it would be great... Thus the color scheme, though the stone work worked for the grey portion really well! lol
  19. Haven't posted in too long as I'd been busy trying to finish up on a rehab -- did get it primarily finished up except for a couple of small spots my dog decided to help on that morning. lol However, the Walmer Plum Pudding rehab did go to a benefit to help raise much needed funds for a family that has been fighting appendix cancer and b/c that's such a rare cancer -- their insurance has stated they won't pay for anything. So the simple matter that the dollhouse that once cost me $20 and the materials to rehab it, brought $550 and is making two little girls quite happy now in owning it -- I'm feeling good. Working on another dollhouse to donate to another benefit here by the end of the month, and then see about actually trying to get time to upload. Hope everyone is doing well!
  20. For anyone interested, I went ahead and started an album with pictures of what I've not sold yet and am looking to clear out. There is more yet to be added! lol
  21. Lawanda, that's me as well! lol Thus my reasoning behind trying to actually clean out that which I'm not using, or haven't found use for in over a decade! I'd love to keep it all, BUT I am determined this year to make my work space more manageable. This is one way I can do so, and know that these little delights are going somewhere else where they'll be appreciated!
  22. I have several pieces that I'm looking to clear out of my hoard... stash of minis. lol I have an older mirrored Bespaq armoire -- I think the last I saw they offered this piece for sale was in 1996, I also have a complete Townsquare Miniatures kitchen, as well as a few other things like a vintage porcelain couple, artisan Victorian styled Christmas tree, as well as a JiaYi hat stand/vanity. I have pictures of them all if anyone is interested in or looking for anything in particular, pm me I just may have it!
  23. Well, tonight is unfortunately going to be an up and down every half hour night for me due to the weather. I've had faucets on a slow drip for the last three days due to how continuously cold it's been to keep the pipes from freezing. However, being that I'm on well water -- water pressure is now low, and I'll have to make sure the well doesn't a) go dry or b) the motor to pump water from the well go kaput on me. The fun of living in cold weather in an old house! lol Ah well, bright side I can work on cleaning up and minis some more!