minikelli

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Everything posted by minikelli

1. Cynthia, right there with you on needing a fund for one -- for the time being my only fund is for my parents' house and a RL roof. Jeanine, I'm so happy for you and glad it went to a forum member! Can't wait to see what you may do with it!
  2. This is so cute! Must admit your journey doing this has inspired me to pull out a kit I'd been uninspired with and try my hand at a faux gingerbread house as well!
  3. I'm hoping someone near Virginia/Delaware area or around there would be willing to take a little drive to save a house... b/c I can't believe that they have it listed for $100! Could definitely use some to scale stairs and yes some work on wallpaper... but boy this could be such a beauty! https://delaware.craigslist.org/art/d/custom-doll-house/6404870734.html
  4. Sam, I went on to the Cricut support page and according to the company the machines function with both Windows based as well as Apple based technology. Not certain if that's only for the US based machines, but it appears as if you aught to be able to use it no matter what system you use. Unfortunately Miranda, I've no experience with the Curio -- but have heard really good things about Silhouette machines in general, and last I'd heard even the Cameo was able to take bass wood through it if I'm recalling correctly. Looking at the Curio, I would think that definitely could... if you do get it, please update us on what it can manage?!?
  5. Personally when I've done brickwork I just make sure I use a matte sealer, which is probably the same goal of the glue/water mix. Which is to seal the brick before grouting, and specifically make it easier to clean if any of the grout ends up on top of the brick.
  6. Colleen, that's actually one of the coolest things about it is that it has the old "drop down" assembly. I have this kit in my stash, was lucky enough to score it off of Craigslist not quite 10 years ago for $20. Those thick moldings accept wooden pins that hold the walls together. They were made like that at the time for service families to be able to take them with them when they moved or were stationed elsewhere -- probably one of the reasons I've loved the old Walmer houses as much as I have! Sam, if you'd like I think I have at least two sets of these if you're looking for one. Just message me and I'll see what I can find out in regards to shipping cost to Oz for you. Hope everyone had an awesome Turkey day if you celebrate Thanksgiving!
  7. Don't recognize the first two, the third is the Petite Dreams house that was sold by XLarge Machine at Target. They came prepainted in that blue. The third looks like a RGT's Country Victorian that's been put together a little funky in regards to the second story porch..
  8. Nope, no bottle brush tree at all! That's how it's different, as a tree isn't the exact form this is going to take if I can get it to turn out right. ;)
  9. I haven't added to this in some time, but have been playing around with how to do a "different" sort of Christmas tree. While I've finished up with getting my lycopodium all formed up, I've been playing around with LED light strands the last couple of days. I'm hoping with-in the next couple of days I'll be able to upload pics and see what everyone thinks. :)
  10. Cynthia, how many pieces of this are you looking for?
  11. I actually think Lawbre used to do this, as both of my Lawbre houses have come to me like this. According to the previous owners of my Nantucket it was put together by the company and they only painted some of it, and it had the same issues with the crown supporting the second floors.
  12. Typically if I want to track an item or seller I don't add to "collections", rather I use the "Follow this Seller" button or "Watch this Item". That way I can just pull up my watch list to find the item or go to the "My Ebay" tab and pull up my "Followed Sellers".
  13. Michele, if you have a picture of the siding you're looking for I may be able to help as I have some from various Dura Craft kits in my stash of "stuff" as well as siding I have made myself. I just need a picture to see specifically what you're looking for. :)
  14. I've been attempting to organize and clean up a good bit of my crafting area indoors as well as out in the shop. This has been good in that it's getting me more focused on several dollhouses I've been bouncing back and forth between. Other major bright side is that I've been taking a lot of what I've collected thinking I would repurpose it into mini usage, and as it's been sitting and not getting used have been taking pictures and putting it up for sale. Example is a whole lot of costume jewelry, and I cannot begin to say how very good it feels to be getting pieces bagged up and shipped out with every cent going into my roofing fund for my folks! Another big change for my family, that given was scary when it happened... but in a weird way I'm so glad it did is that my mom had a gallbladder attack a few weeks back. I've been the one voted to go with her next Monday for pre-surgery consultation with the doctors. Two big big pluses for my family though from that -- a) my mother has lost almost 20lbs in 3 weeks by changing her diet to exclude all fats per doctors orders b) between me losing it and yelling at my father to wake up and take his head out of the bottle and my mom's attack a couple days later my father has not had a drink of alcohol in over two weeks, both my mom and I have been counting the days! My mom wasn't and is not "obese", but she was definitely carrying extra weight that wasn't healthy. She has been so amazed with her weight loss, and has started exercising more with me, even if just walking a bit further with our pups each day. All I know is I can honestly say I don't think she has weighed so little since I was a kid, and she seems genuinely happy though she does miss certain foods like cheese and milk. However, for me the happiness comes from the fact that she's happy and neither of my parents has been drinking alcohol! They are both admitted alcoholics, and I am beyond amazed they've both cut it out cold turkey and are doing so well! Proof my friends whether you believe in a higher being or not that prayers truly are answered. Sometimes in incredibly unexpected ways... but answered none the less! <3
  15. Anyone in the Pacific NW, I'm guessing shipping would be not too bad... and a cute house kite for $9.99 -- unbeatable! https://www.ebay.com/itm/311985328460?_trksid=p11010.c100352.m3747&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150112095601%26meid%3D8541437dff4843df9628a46dabf978a1%26pid%3D100352%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D202080872619&ul_noapp=true
  16. When it was posted on the other site, the insta-wire shown was the old copper tape wire.
  17. Oh, I can believe it -- just shipping from Washington state to Ohio can at times go well over $80-$100, so I can't even imagine the cost of international shipping. It's disgusting honestly just how much mailing prices have gone up in the last few years -- and not just with the Postal Service, but also with services like UPS and Fed-Ex. Downright scary at times to look to even estimate shipping...
  18. Never heard of her, and have to agree the majority of those images are downright spooky -- though I was drawn to the last one, namely b/c she just looked the epitome of a good witch, and I liked the stockings in the foreground. Definitely an interesting character and history!
  19. The only thing I have against that Medford kit is it's the same one that was on sale and went for $20 on a different site, if they would have been willing to ship I was going to buy it myself. BUT knowing they got it for the amount they did just to turn around to try and resell it on Ebay, I refuse to even look. lol
  20. Just the insecurity that my application of her decals won't look anything like a piece actually painted by her... like I said I know it's silly, yet I've not gotten past it yet.
  21. I have two of the decal kits, but have yet to use them... I think it's the simple matter I was lucky enough to get a screen actually painted by her, and now don't have the guts to use the decals for fear they won't look nearly as good b/c they would be done by me not her. Silly I know!
  22. Sparkle, I think we have all had and/or are destined to have moments like that -- but I am of the firm belief, that you will inevitably come to an incredible outcome for the problem you are currently faced with. Every project is a learning experience... or at least that's how it seems to me and my projects. lol As for what I've been up to mini-wise, not so much as I'd like but I have at least gotten out to the shop the last couple of days. I was able to remove some horribly applied shingles on a rehab, had started doing that some time ago but with all the issues with my family hadn't touched the house in a good while. These shingles were applied with a glue I honestly wouldn't wish on my worst enemy to have to deal with. I believe they were applied with hide glue, and to give you an idea of how good this stuff was I was using a heat gun to warm it up and then a thin metal paint scraper to get between the shingles and roof to pry them off. However, even though the shingles were getting dark(yes I had the heat gun the requisite 6 inches away) and the glue was smoking -- it still wasn't releasing. Anyways, took a long time with the heat gun and brute strength behind the scraper to get the shingles off. Now I've been working with vinegar to get the remaining glue gunk off of the house. Only plus here is that I had bought a gallon to age the shingles I plan on applying on the exterior to make it look like a true New England exterior... seems though that I'll be using it initially just on getting the hide glue off the roof. Other mini-related work done is that I found time to complete another floor in a different house I have inside, and am hoping that after some trimming up on siding, and making some simple repairs I may have windows and doors installed on that tonight... though we shall see.
  23. Thank you to you all, it was to say the least a h*llish couple of weeks. Thankfully, those of us left have pulled together even more so and my father has temporarily at least gone on the wagon. That just reminds me there is always something to be grateful for no matter what!
  24. Meris, if you'd like I have a box of trim that matches your door trim if you would like a piece sent to you just message me and we can work out the details. If that trim matches what is around your windows as well the pieces I have are I believe 18" long so you should have plenty to fix both of those problem areas.