minikelli

Platinum Member
  • Days Won

Image Comments posted by minikelli

1. I have this one in a box waiting patiently under my work bench in the shop! Have to get the 12 or so projects I've currently got going pared down(read some finished and moved on) so I can get to the ones waiting.  :)

Going to look forward going through this album, as I truly have always loved the look of this build!

2. That glass container looks like one of the many vials I save from my insulin usage -- if you ever have need for more, drop me a pm and I can send a few more your way.  :)

Have to agree with Sam, you had some nice finds there -- and for $6, that's super impressive! 

3. If you can measure the length of your porch post, there are occasionally old porch posts on Ebay by Walmer. They are made as you mentioned that one is with the small dowels in the end. Hope that may help, oh and if you're looking to have gutters look at Manchester Woodworks(they have both a website and Ebay store) they make gutters from wood for old Dura Craft houses, but you may be able to configure them as you need for this house.

This is a truly beautiful build, and can't wait to see what you do with it!

4. Personally, looking at those windows -- I would've never guessed you made the mullions, I would've thought right off they were factory made. Sooo, I'm just going to say you did a fantastic job on them! Also, side note -- I'm loving what I see of your work space, much more organized than my own!  lol

5. I've been keeping an album on FB so her mom can keep up with the rehab. I was given hearts and wows tonight when she saw the second floor updates -- and was told via pm she loves that this house looks "real" on the interior. Apparently she's trying to get the little girl to give up some of the Fischer Price plastic houses she has, and thinks this is going to be the way to do so. lol

6. This is actually my one point I'm questioning myself on, as the rest of the house is being done in more "grown up" style decor so she can grow with it. I wanted it to reflect her taste now though with colors she likes, etc... so hopefully they'll like it like this!  :)

7. *Pattern matching on the top paper was near to impossible, which is evident. Again though, I thought it was one of the few scrapbook papers I had that went with the request for some purple to match the little girls' favorite colors -- not to mention it's just a fun paper!

8. It could seem spacious b/c it was missing the original interior walls and I created some out of some plywood I had lying around here. I love the cord wood wall look too! Though next time I use it will probably help to remember this would typically be seen on an exterior wall not interior -- none the less, it was something fun and different to try!  :)