• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Joe Forrest
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

507 profile views
  1. Here are some more of final pictures before I had to let it go.
  2. The Willow was the 2nd house I built and I greatly enjoyed this one. I made it for animal rescue fundraiser and it brought in $600. I am going to try to load some pictures. I should note that the hardwood floors are actual popsicle sticks. I am getting ready to begin the Lily for a Ronald McDonald House. It scares me a bit. Good Luck Joe
  3. Someone said there was an alternate set of willow instruction that were better than what came with the kit. How do I get them? I am having problems with the chimneys and can't figure out the pieces. Joe
  4. Got it and thanks so much - people on this site are most kind.
  5. I am stuck on the construction of the chimney in the willow - the instructions leave me guessing. I have added the sides but don't know what to do with the following pieces 2 chimney back sides 4 pieces of chimney top sides (each agout 1" bu 3/4 ") Chimney back and fancy scroll pieces which I assume go in top but not according to picture. Thanks, Just Grandpop (Joe)
  6. Here are 4 photos from my first attempt - The Harrison
  7. I am having a difficult time finding my way around this site. I live in Center City Philadelphia. Before retiring I worked in a Tech Dept. but mostly a the end n the Project Mgmt. are so I should be good at this. They say to introduce my self: I am 65 yrs. old, I retired early from my white color job and decided to go to culinary school where I graduated with a degree in the culinary arts. I worked for 2 years as a personal chef but then got ill and came down with lung cancel which really zapped my energy. Health wise I am doing okay today and have been looking or something to occupy my time and I think I found it here in building dollhouses. I had such a blast building the first one and am approaching it different this time and doing my 'homework' to avoid the troubles I had with the first house. Now I have to figure out how to introduce topics and how to follow the topics of other members. I am interested in finding out more about magic brik and a) how difficult it is to use and 2) how realistic it looks. I used stucco on my first house and really liked it. I really do like the look of the Willow and want to see how realistic I can make it look both inside and out. I relied heavily on glue guns on the first house; I don't have any clamps and can't figure out how to keep the piece in place until the glue dries. So that's me (well some of me) and I would greatly welcome and advise, suggestions, or directions that you more experienced builders can give me. Thanks
  8. This will be my second dollhouse, I just built the Harrison for my 3 granddaughters' Christmas present. I did find the blogs until way late in the game and man could I have done a better job if I had found them. I am doing the Willow not (for a charity auction) and am very nervous so any help/suggestions would be most appreciated. Just Grandpop