Miniatures, Dollhouses, Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, Pazzles,Guitar,Pottery

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Jennifer
  • Country
    United States
  1. Well I hate to report that we are still not done. I just made a post about trading another if anyone could point me in the right direction, I am thinking I may never get a dollhouse Teresa has had some medical problems but is finally working on the house again
  2. Hi all, I am a miniature lover. I have wanted a dollhouse my entire life. Finally at the age of 51 my sister said if you buy one I'll build it. So I happily ran to ebay and bought The Beacon Hill. I had no idea what I was buying I just seen this big beautiful dollhouse and grabbed it. My sister was eager and thrilled and we both set out to build this monster hahaha Meanwhile I found another house at a yard sale and brought it home and thought maybe we could do something with it. That happened about 5 times. I have 5 little orphan houses that need much rehab. I then had the opportunity to buy a Hofco Victorian Classic #214, I loved it, did a little research on it and figured it was a great deal and bought it too. So now you would think I would be in Dollhouse Heaven, well NO, I am still sitting here with no dollhouse. I had NO IDEA what was involved in having a dollhouse. I just wanted to collect furniture and play. I am no good at the building and interior design, like wiring and wall paper and all that. My sister, bless her heart (has recently had a stroke, she is ok) has finally took the BH home so that she can finish it up but even she is not sure about doing the inside work. I finally came to this conclusion, I want to trade the Hofco Victorian Dollhouse for one that is finished. I realize it wouldn't be an even trade but what can I do and who might be interested? I have photos, it is in great shape and it seems to be one that many would like to have. All I want is a dollhouse. I sure wish I had known ahead of time to just buy one that was already completed. I just wanted to add that I have thought about taking it to a shop and asking them to complete it but there are no shops around me in Piqua Ohio. Unfortunately I don't drive so I am kind of limited. There is not a dollhouse store even remotely close to me. I have advertised to no avail for a helper and no one
  3. Thank you very much this might be helpful to my sister as we are at this step right now. Great photos Great and pretty home
  4. My sister is working on the bay windows now, that is where we are at with the Beacon Hill. It is taking much longer than it would have had she took it home and built it but she wanted me to be able to watch this beauty come to life so she comes over when ever she can and does more steps. It is almost done and I am so excited I would love to find the tiny version I will look again at the link that was posted. I know for sure I could never do it but I bet my sis can A STAIRCASE! hahaha I would be challenged to just get the shell done. GOOD LUCK to anyone who tried it and I would love to see it Thanks for the new thread much easier
  5. Soooooooooooooooooo funny but I suppose it's all true hahaha
  6. I have picked up 4 other houses costing anywhere from 10. to 20. in the last month, I was so excited because one of them is the Glencroft in great shape. I am not sure what this house is but it sure is nice Great find!
  7. I have wanted a dollhouse as far back as I can remember and my dream has finally come true. I mentioned it to people throughout my life but never did anyone ever agree to build one for me. Now at the age of 51 my sister, yes my sister has finally came through. Every since I was a small girl I have looked up to my sister. She was always there to help me with everything. When I would break a little chain necklace or a toy or anything I just knew that Teresa could fix it. I never dreamed that she would be the one to make me my very first dollhouse. She has worked very hard, sanding and fixing and gluing all the little pieces as I watch in amazement of what comes next. It is almost finished and I am in aw of this girl who can do anything. I will soon have my Beacon Hill all ready to pretty up and the dream of having a dollhouse all my life is soon to come true. I love the Beacon Hill and all of it's ornate trim and would love to know the history of the real beacon hill. I have done research but can't seem to pinpoint the actual house. Does anyone know where or what I mean? Thanks so much to all of you and to my sister Teresa for all her hard work and for giving an older lady a new reason to smile every day Hugs
  8. Thank you very much you are all very kind. Terry came over last night and we worked till after midnight on the dollhouse. It is so pretty now even if it is still naked hahahahaha
  9. Hello all - Newbie here just getting started in the mini world. We are working on The Beacon Hill. I am 50 years old and have wanted a dollshouse all my life, finally my sister said she would build one if I bought it. So here we are almost finished with The Beacon Hill and what a thrill!! Thanks so much for having us Jenni and terry