• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Maurice
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

973 profile views
  1. There's a partially assembled Southern Dynasty on Ebay today for $500. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Hofco-House-Inc-Southern-Dynasty-/112300541633?hash=item1a25a246c1:g:Qv8AAOSwWxNYnmCt
  2. pearlorange

FRONT PORCH

Thank you. The columns were like this. Two small reveals on each side. A real pain to paint.
  3. pearlorange

KITCHEN

Coming Soon Selkie
  4. pearlorange

Hofco - Southern Dynasty - Interiors

Interior of my Hofco - Southern Dynasty #kw182
  5. pearlorange

Hofco - Southern Dynasty

Recovered this gem from the curb. Got it in 10/2010 and after a baby and two moves am finally ready to give it to my niece on the 23rd of February 2014.
  6. I greatly appreciate your advice. However, response was a request for 'Deeds' and the other was to follow up on their suggestion to start a Hofco Blog. Just sayin'
  7. Did you ever start your Hofco site? I'm about a week away from finishing my 'Southern Dynasty' that I fished out of the trash in 2010. Just looking for more info.
  8. Does anyone have a copy of the deed and builders sheet? My found model didn't have one and I'd love to pass it along to my niece.
  9. Howdy, I've been building a "Southern Dynasty" that I found on the street a year ago. I just got the wiring done today and am continuing to work on the wallpaper, trim, wainscott and custom light fixtures. Send me an email if you'd like to share info.
  10. I'll keep my eye's open as well. I've found one source that claims that Hofco was only producing houses from 86-89 and that they only created 8 models. http://auntiebasdollhouses.webs.com/futureprojects.htm
  11. I just joined today but think that I have a Hofco Southern Dynasty. Maybe we can share intel with each other? I know very little about my house but am determined that my niece will have the nicest house I can produce. I hope to get it ready in 2 months but I just started on Friday of last week, so I may loose some steam later on. Anyway. Check out my first post and I will be sharing more as time goes by. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...showtopic=27543
  12. Hello All and Thanks for Letting me come aboard. I recently was gifted a partially assembled Hofco Dollhouse - price FREE. I'm trying to find out more about it. Once completed, this house will be given to my niece. She is almost 1, so I have plenty of time to tinker. I believe it looks just like dgus74's house, which she believes to be the Southern Dynasty. I don't know much about mine except that it was purchased in Atlanta in 86 and the girl (now woman) never finished it. When I got it, it was in pieces and the roof had been knocked off. The shingles looked terrible. Someone had attempted to install them using normal staples but had used a glue gun to seal the joints where the front gable met the main roof. Since I have no instructions, I don't really know what this thing is supposed to look like. However, I am an Architect (built 100's of model) and fairly handy, so I decided to figure it out. First, I got rid of all the shingles. I'm not sure what I'm going to put back but the gritty nature of the asphalt did not seem appropriate for a little girl. Also, I got tired of picking up up little rocks off the floor. I will either paint some faux shingles on top and go back with a sharpie and add lines and shapes or something else if I see a better idea. Wood shake shingles seem cool but are not really appropriate to the period or style of the house. More importantly, I've got to keep focused on the reality that this is a toy and NO ONE is going to live in this house (occupational hazard). Second, I decided to get rid of the rear hinged section of the roof. Besides being broken, and covered with crummy shingles, it seemed very heavy. I imagined it being in the open position and then being jostled, only to fall and serves as a guillotine for little girls fingers and this was not a good idea. So I cut it back and left it with a 1/4 rear section. I wanted there to be enough light and access to the attic. Next, the previous owner had done a fair amount of construction on the outside of the house (siding/trim) using a glue gun. So, I took all those pieces down, removed the glue residue with an x-acto & chisel and then put them back in place. Some of the siding wouldn't come down without ruining it, so I drilled some small holes and glued behind them so that I could be sure they would remain secure. Then today, I started the painting. I'm going with a confederate gray and white trim. The windows have been the hardest. I am painting a very minimal coat of white paint but I have to keep moving the window sills as they are drying. I don't want to paint them shut and I almost did on the first one. So I put the 2nd coat of paint on the shutters and then moved to the exteriors first coat. Tomorrow I will then start to paint the interior and installing the wiring. I can't seem to figure one thing. The doors in my house seem different from dgus74. I have a single door down-stairs and 5 1/4" (wide) opening on my 2nd floor. This seems very small for a double door and huge for a single door. I suppose I can always just create a larger opening down stairs to create some balance but I can't seem to find a 5 1/4" set of double exterior doors, so I may have to custom fab them. I want to know a few things. #1. The door question from above about the door #2. How much did this house cost in the shop in 1986? #3. My estimate is that this house will take me about 200 hours to complete - any thoughts? I will post pictures as soon as I am allowed.