• Dollhouse Preference Please Select
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Sarah
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

20167 profile views
  1. A Very Brady Renovation

I've never really understood the need for a "designer". I put things in my house because I like them, not because of what someone else thinks is nice.
  2. Philadelphia Miniaturia — anyone been?

I went two or three years ago, and had a really good time. It's a much smaller show than the 3 Blind Mice one in Chicago, but there's still plenty of eye candy as well as bargains. I'm actually trying to get back this year. 
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

CJ, when you open the emoticons menu go to the top and click on categories, then click default.  Most of the old ones are there   I am finally to the stage where I can paint "my" room. I've never had a craft room so I'm still pinching myself
  4. Mini's everywhere

Well that's adorable.
  5. Outside and Inside

Absolutely! There are no hard and fast rules in this hobbyexcept to never use hot glue
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

I've been working on another big in-house move. My younger son needs a bigger bedroom as his current one is chockablock full of all his "collections". Since he is special needs any change is extremely hard for him so it's been slow going to say the least. I spent last weekend cleaning out my backyard shed so I could put all the things that were in his new room in there. Now I'm trying to paint before the new carpet gets here and every color I am trying is coming out looking pinky/purple The best part is that I just may be able to get a dedicated craft room for the first time in my adult life. I haven't really done any planning for it because I'm afraid it won't work out, but I am sure hoping it will
  7. 20190330-181013.jpg

It looks great
  8. 'So long it's been good to know ya'

What wonderful news! A great start to a rather cold and dreary Monday
  9. Any tips for museum putty removal?

Holly, that should work just fine. I just like to err on the side of caution. I dislike re-cutting wallpaper intensely
  10. Any tips for museum putty removal?

That blue-green stuff is called FunTac and you are only supposed to use it with sealed paper...like posters. It may have left residue on the wall even though you can see it that will bleed through to any new paper you put up. You should seal your walls with a stain-blocking primer before putting up any new paper. I had to learn this lesson the hard way
  11. I bought a trailer!

I'm so happy you found this I was a bit worried about you living in your car
  12. What are you up to today? This week?

Kathie, that's quite a project. I feel the press in of "stuff" quite often at this time of year. I think it has to do with spring coming; I just want to clean up and clear out. Soooo, I've taken on a project at my churchNothing major, just stripping off some 30 year old wallpaper and repainting. It's a small room, but it's already looking loads better.
  13. Flip This Dollhouse

Kathie, I also forgot to mention the Black Forest Cafe which is right on the way to Earth and Tree.  Delicious homemade breads and baked goods with a very nice restaurant attached.  You have to pass it to get to Earth and Tree.....I can smell it now April 22 is my wedding anniversary so you should definitely go to both places to celebrate (in case you really need a reason)
  14. Flip This Dollhouse

Kathie, Earth and Tree is only an hour away from Boston. It's definitely worth the trip.
  15. What are you up to today? This week?

Roxie, my boys think a treat is a small kibble of their regular food. A friend of mine has the same issue with her dogs; they do't want their food because they know they can just give her the puppy eyes and they'll get treats or whatever she's eating instead