hofco house

Silver Member
  • Last visited

2 Neutral

About hofco house

Profile Information

• Interests
    building dollhouses.spending what little time is left hanging out with my kids

Retained

• Member Title
    Miniature carpenter

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Kevini
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

693 profile views
  1. I use a Benjamin Moore with the sealer in the paint even when wallpapering because the moisture will get into the bare wood if you don't seal it and I have had the paper peel off.
  2. Looks great lisa. I think the solution is the one you thought about wile writing your post. I personally do all interior work after building the complete dollhouse I beleive it is harder for me to do that way but I wire all my houses and without making alot of splices that can lead to failure of the electrical system I can not think of a way to do it as I go along. But anyway great job thanks for the post.
  3. Hi lanie, So glad to see new dollhouse enthusiast. I have experience in wiring I recommend you buy a tester for tape wire there Inexspensive 2 prongs with a test light you would push the prongs through the tape starting as close to plug as possible check to see were you lost power were ever that intersection of tape is you will need to re brad that intersection and move along and repeat that process as needed there is no need to remove the old brads just relocate making sure to hit both overlaping tape I think this will solve your problem however you may need a new transformer if you find that there is no power to the very first piece of tape leaving the power source.
  4. wendy this house and furniture are awsome.you are very impressive with your building skills.
  5. that's a great idea cant wait to use it. have you ever used the cir-kit hollow tube plugs and if so is there a trick to get the wires in the tubes and I also would like to know what kind of glue you use on the wiring my glue melts the casing on the wire.thank you Kevin
  6. trying to get 5 post so I can make my album thanks for looking
  7. here is my hofco house the black and white tile was there when I got it I like so much I decided to keep it
  8. I just got my furniture to day so I had to stick it in there even though its not ready
  9. looks great brook I really love the paint and stain also may steal the idea for my next house thank you keep up the great work
  10. this is my first house I loved building it and now I cant stop looking for more to build working on my hofco house now and still looking for more thank you for all your help group. thank you all for your nice comments.here is some more pics. its not done but I will post it finished. cant wait to use all the great Ideas in here for my 1985 federal victorian hofco.thanks again everyone for the confidence to build more.