523 Excellent

6 Followers

About Shareb

Contact Methods

• Website URL http://www.facebook.com/melodyofminiatures

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Auckland, New Zealand
  • Interests Homeschooler of two amazing teens. We all Love creating!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Rebecca
  • Country New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

3050 profile views
  1. How to create scale wallpaper?

Thank Mike - a very kind offer!  I bought some matt photo paper the other day to use to print wallpaper - I noticed a huge difference in the paper used when printing when I did my wagon.  I think that my main issue is that I really don't have a picture in my head of how I want this room to look.  I have painted the inside of the shop already and I'd like to do whatever I'm going to do upstairs as well, before I glue the building together. This is my pinterest page - https://www.pinterest.nz/rebeccareckin/apothecary/ I'm beginning to think that the more plain wall panels as in the latest pictures I've added, would be best.  However I still feel that this man is a very well travelled, well respected and intelligent Apothecary, so it would make sense to have a few really beautiful items in his home.  Apparently Oriental wall paper was quite popular at that time, and I've seen a few very beautiful light blue papers with birds, flowers etc.  So I think I'm going to panel the walls (not quite sure how I'm going to do that as yet - maybe just paint and then create panels using trim) and then have a really beautiful room divider with the wall paper. I have also found this and bought it - will be interesting to see what it creates.... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pc-European-Totem-Frame-Curtain-Sling-Cake-Mold-Chocolate-Mould-for-the-Kitchen-Baking-Cake-Tool/32906055719.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.15.67c1c4dfD2OVFk&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10152_10151_10065_10344_10068_10342_10547_10343_10340_10548_10341_10696_10084_5724015_10083_10618_5724315_10307_5724215_5724115_10059_5013715_100031_5725015_10103_5724915_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620_5013815,searchweb201603_1,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=1c7732f7-3505-48a5-9bd9-8ac5e327c722-2&algo_pvid=1c7732f7-3505-48a5-9bd9-8ac5e327c722&transAbTest=ae803_2&priceBeautifyAB=0 So, in answer Mike, I would love to find some light blue, maybe Oriental, with birds, branches etc wallpaper that I can easily print at home.  Because he's an Apothecary I also like the idea of flowers, herbs, plants, trees etc - so nature, maybe with an Oriental spin....I don't want much really!  
  2. How to create scale wallpaper?

Yes, I can imagine that.  Well I think I've decided against using wallpaper.  I'll do simple wall panels in either a light cream or grey, keep it fairly simple and unadorned with just a few very beautiful or appropriate (to him) peices of artwork.  I did wonder if maybe I could incorporate a little wallpaper if I make him a divider....
  3. How to create scale wallpaper?

Thanks Chris....maybe I hadn't had enough caffeine when I read this!!  I think perhaps I have asked before, and received a reply before.  However like before, I read through your answer and it literally went in one eye and straight out the other!   So, basically, you find a pattern - probably in a .jpeg, and open it up in paint.  You re-size it, then copy it until you have a full sheet of pattern.  So if this is how it's done then you could do it with a portion of a wallpaper already existing, or with one single pattern like a fleur de lis?
  4. How exciting!!  Looking forward to seeing what goodies you end up with!  
  5. Aged wooden floor

I like the floors - both wooden and brick too!  Love the colouring!  How did you make the floors?
  6. Aged wooden floor

I like the floors - both wooden and brick too!  Love the colouring!  How did you make the floors?
  7. 1 Piece mold

Thanks Carrie!  I preferred the first silicon I used even though it took 8 hours to cure, as opposed to this one which only takes an hour.  I don't want to recommend anything until I've found what I consider to be the best.  Certainly the Alumilite was the first stuff I used and is the resin I'm using (which I think is perfect - they do another which cures clear not white).  I totally recommend the resin and the silicon however they don't do large quantities or at least not affordable here in NZ which is why we tried a different brand.  Here's their website...  https://www.alumilite.com/
  8. How to create scale wallpaper?

WOW!  Loving your bar!  Hubby had an arguement with me about whether it was a miniature or not!  Really love that soft grey you have on the walls - could work.....not a bad idea....
  9. Hammered copper sink

Love this!
  10. Completed Bar Room Box

This is incredible!  Hubby doesn't believe it's miniature!  
  11. Mahogany veneer applied to the exterior

Love the vaneer!  Looks amazing on!  
  12. Finished pieces

From the album Making Molds and Resin casting

Loving resin - and it seems to go a long way too.  I can think of so many applications!