• Rank
    Kiwi Homeschooler
  • Birthday 06/08/72

Contact Methods

• Website URL http://www.facebook.com/melodyofminiatures

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Auckland, New Zealand
  • Interests Homeschooler of two amazing teens. We all Love creating!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Rebecca
  • Country New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

2834 profile views
  1. Disaster Averted

It looks gorgeous!
  2. OELit.jpg

Love it!  Looks amazing!
  3. Shop/bakery counters

One of my favourite things about doing miniatures is hunting (read 'shopping') for just the 'right' thing!
  4. We could use a few prayers if anyone could help

I guess they realise now that people recover and relax so much better in their own environments as long as they have support.  It's amazing how truly adaptable human beings are.
  5. Electrical schematics

I took photos of each room to decide where I wanted to run the wires and hang the lights, attach the outlets etc.  I drew on the pics but I also drew pencil lines in the floor and down the walls which enabled me to see where things lined up and the best place to put holes etc.
  6. What are you up to today? This week?

As in teaching a teen??  It's pretty terrifying to begin with even though we did get our daughter proper lessons to start off with.  She refused to drive with her Dad for a while!  
  7. What are you up to today? This week?

My daughter PASSED her driving test!!!!!  WHOOP WHOOP!!  She is so pleased with herself - as she should be!
  8. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks Janet!  I really don't want to sit in the back seat but she has already begged me to be there.  Apparently I calm her.   
  9. Shop/bakery counters

I buy a fair bit from Aliexpress now and I'm generally pleased with what turns up!  It is mostly from China so does take time to arrive - plus sometimes communication isn't wonderful.  However 95% of what I have bought from Aliexpress I have been happy with.  Mostly free shipping too! https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180613140753&SearchText=dollhouse+display https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180613140927&SearchText=dollhouse+shop+display  
  10. What are you up to today? This week?

My daughter (18) is going for her drivers license today!  Fingers crossed!  She's had her learners for two years so about time she went for her restricted.  Apparently I get to sit in the back seat - yay......
  11. We could use a few prayers if anyone could help

I'm so very sorry to hear about your daughter in law Jeannine.  What a thing to have to go through - for all involved.  Thinking of you and sending prayers and healing for your whole family. xxxxx
  12. Doll making failures!

Hi Brandie!  I bought the doll kit off Etsy....  https://www.etsy.com/nz/transaction/1425121001 I haven't done anything more to her.  Once I finished my wagon I've taken a break from crafting - mostly because I have to tidy and sort my craft cottage before doing anything else!
  13. IMG-2691.JPG

I love the brickwork!  Looks so real!
  14. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks Karin!  Makes sense!  Here we have ANZAC Day which is like Rememberance Day but specifically for Australia and NZ.  We have dawn parades and services and last year my son got to be the Scout to raise and lower the NZ Flag during the local Dawn Service.  Was very, very special - especially as he got to wear, for the first time, his Gt Grandfather's medals from WWII. Kathie - that sounds like my kind of a day!!
  15. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Here in NZ our summer just gone was the hottest on record by far for the whole country.  We were so extremely grateful to have air-con and a pool - which we'd just put in the previous year.  This year it was a life saver!  The summer also lasted a lot longer than normal.  Funny thing is, now we're in winter and we've been told to expect a colder than normal winter!  We've already had two frosts which is unusual for here!