• Rank
    Creative Kiwi
  • Birthday 06/08/72

Contact Methods

• Website URL http://www.facebook.com/melodyofminiatures

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Auckland, New Zealand
  • Interests Homeschooler of two amazing teens. We all Love creating!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Four
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Rebecca
  • Country New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

4829 profile views
  1. Shabby Cinderella side

She's gorgeous and the scene is perfect!
  2. lanternbed.jpg

You iron cotton on to the waxy side of freezer paper (they don't sell it here in NZ so I had to get it in from the US).  Cut it to size and it'll go through the printer - so essentially you can print anything onto cotton that way.  Works fantastically!  That's how I did Master Raymond's coat.
  3. What are you up to today? This week?

If you look here you'll see a very simplified North Island map with volcanoes marked on it.  Auckland has 52!   http://trauma.massey.ac.nz/issues/2010-1/becker.htm  
  4. What are you up to today? This week?

Thanks Jess and Holly for your thoughts!  Fortunately we are about 4 hours drive away so well away.  Unfortunately it seems like it was mostly tourists visiting NZ who have been caught up in the eruptions.  I've always wanted to visit the island though!!  Where I live, Auckland, there are about 52 volcanoes - most of which are only dormant not dead.  As NZ lies along the Pacific ring of fire most of us are a little blase about it.  No doubt if and when it does happen here it'll cause widespread loss and devastation.  Let's hope it doesn't happen for a few more generations at least!
  5. Done! Now for the rest of the house....

Looks excellent!!!
  6. lanternbed.jpg

Thanks!!!!
  7. lanternbed.jpg

From the album Treehouse/Lantern

I made the bed out of chipboard.  I printed the designs onto the cotton using the freezer paper method.
  8. birdcagelight (3).jpg

9. birdcagelight (2).jpg

10. birdcagelight (1).jpg

So, for several weeks I have been working to create a birdcage light for my lantern. I have copied the light from French designer Mathieu Challières who creates full sized pieces! The first finished light just looked too thick and bulky. I tried creating my own copper mesh but I'm not that proficient at soldering. Finally a mini friend from the US who saw what I was trying to accomplish found the most perfect 'cage'. A napkin ring from Etsy! Brae bought them on my behalf and I received them a couple of days ago. They are perfect!! Now I am happy to share my finished product!
  11. lanternlight.jpg

I used some of my spare birds on this light I created!
  12. IMG_0131 - Copy.JPG

Wow - that is so effective!!  Looks fantastic!
  13. Front sorter

That looks amazing!
  14. 20191125-140101.jpg

Gorgeous wee bench!!!