Shareb had the most liked content!

1,341 Excellent

About Shareb

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    https://www.instagram.com/melodyofminiatures/

Profile Information

• Interests
    Mum to two amazing young adults. We all love being creative in different ways.

Retained

• Member Title
    Creative Kiwi

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Rebecca
  • Country
    New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

6,497 profile views
  1. Ooop....meant to say I cover all raw edges with brown paper - a trick I learned from an Instagram friend. Plus I always rough things out like this, before covering raw edges and gluing into place.
  2. Yes absolutely. I just finished this thatched cottage and the walls, floor, roof are all made out of foam core. For external walls, floors and roof I double it up and for internal walls I leave single. It's pretty tough and creates a very light building.
  3. Shareb

Dragon cottage

Thank you! Because this was for a competition, I took about 800 photos! Yes, a little over the top. However I figured that after spending 8 months building it, I wasn't going to skimp on the photos given that the judging is based solely on 4-5 photos. I was lucky that it was the right time of year here to get all that greenery in the background.
  4. Thank you!!! I really enjoyed doing it.
  5. I've just added some more pictures into my 'Stone Cottage album' of the landscaping. 😁
  6. Shareb

Stone Cottage

My project for the 2020 HBS Creatin Contest.
  7. The most landscaping I did was on my dragon cottage. I made the base using a mix of foam (not styrofoam but a harder type) and Sculptamold which is a type of paper-mache stuff. It was really easy to create mounds, rocks etc. I used the Sculptamold in molds as well. After that I painted and then used static grass, sand etc to add the greenery. Another way I have added grass is by painting a mock fur fabric. This is great for long grass and if the fur is striated colour-wise, that helps with the natural effect. Once the painted fur is dry, use a coarse pet brush to brush it out.
  8. I always thought it would be easier having 'adult children'......I mean, maybe it is when they're older and settled. But my almost 21yr and almost 23yr old's are harder to be around than ever! Actually, my son is lovely, just a little awkward but my daughter....I figured because she'd been great as a teen I missed the eye-rolling stage but nope!
  9. Wow - you really have had 'a week'! Congrats on the new grandson - he's gorgeous!
  10. Perfect thank you for that. I'll get them to Wendy now.
  11. Hi Wendy - I did reply to your message yesterday...
  12. Hi Denise - if you private message me your email I can send you the schematics and instructions for the Pierce.
  13. I was going to do exactly that with my latest build but after playing around with it decided against it. I watched a Youtube video......Bentley House Minis - she made removeable walls with magnets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFitPeaZuD8
  14. Oh I'm so sorry Holly, you must be desperate for news.....I suppose a lot of the communication networks will be down which doesn't help. It was the same here when one of our cities had a big earthquake - we didn't know where my niece was for hours, all we knew was she had been near buildings that collapsed. I'm thinking of all those affected and I do hope you hear from your eldest son soon. xxx
  15. Hi all - been a while since I've been in here. I've been watching the news from the other side of the world about Hurricane Ian and I've been wondering about all my Floridian friends. Holly is in Florida I believe?? Everything okay???? Hoping you're all doing well and are safe.