About MessyCrafter

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Susan
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

357 profile views
  1. I thought this one looked like a fun place to rehabilitate- https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tag/6015593200.html if you live near Atlanta
  2. Oh goodness I should not have looked up these kits- love them both and I can see how you do too!
  3. So Shannon were you happy with your DHE kit? Did you feel the quality was good? I think if I get the April cottage I will add windows in the back and sides and that would satisfy me plenty ;)
  4. What a pretty house! It looks substantial too! I like all of the houses on their site- and love the fully enclosed idea. I'd imagine magnets might be hard to open close though- good idea with the hinges
  5. I love this!! So cute! Your kids have the same age ranges as mine- mine are 10,16, 23 and 26! And here I thought we were the only crazy ones like that! I don't think your back windows would have to match exactly. But at least I guess you would want them to be square. I'd love to see the inside! Hmm love your idea of finding the house in the US and maybe saving some money on the shipping- it is ridiculous!! But the April Cottage is so darned cute lol!
  6. Yes, I have them on turntables for that reason! Maybe it's not so practical though!
  7. It's not actually a debate ;) I love the look of the British houses- so cute- especially for me who likes to visit England and adores the lifestyle/architecture. But one of the things I love about decorating the houses is doing up little window scenes- big window sills filled with plants or candles, etc. A bay window with a window seat. I don't know if I'll miss that- it's one of the things that makes it look real to me........But I guess the best thing to do is to make some windows of my own on the sides and back of a British house! I'm not so great with that but my husband is!
  8. Hi there- I'm new here- from the American South. I've been working on a few dollhouses (finished two) for a few years now and love it! I have a question though- I've been loving this British dollhouse I"ve seen online- only I notice it opens in the front- so when it's opened you don't really see the windows anymore- there are no windows in the back. I think that would drive me mad even though it's just the cutest house ever (and I love, love, love the Cotswolds and it reminds me of that) it's the DHE April Cottage. Has anyone here, Americans maybe lol made the switch and work on something that opened from the front- and how did you find it- were you happy with it in the end? I love adding detail to my windows. Maybe I can change it so it opens to the back with some bashing?! Ideas, opinions?
  9. Wow Mike I love how you did that with your crown molding. I wish I would have seen that a week ago!!
  10. I think it's going to look great. I love the leg!
  11. I wish I could take the class! It's a great idea. Def under 12 I would require a parent. I have a 7 year old and she would not have the attention span or ability with sharp tools. I wish you were by me!
  12. Beautiful! Love the colors and details you chose. I can't wait to see what you do with it because I have the same dollhouse. Mine was already built and painted when I got it as a gift-I'm just starting the inside. It feels a bit like cheating. You did a great job though- love, love, love the color scheme!
  13. Hi there- I am new too. Your house looks so cute!
  14. MessyCrafter

20141001 162639

Adorable! What a generous gift!
  15. Hello All! I'm so glad to have found this forum. A few weeks ago I started decorating my first dollhouse- it's a Victoria's Farmhouse. It was a gift to me, fully assembled for Mother's Day a few years ago complete with a swivel table to make working on it super easy and yes, it's sat in my living room waiting and waiting for me to be ready. I've always wanted to do this. I was intimidated until last month when I decided to just go for it and decorate it in the style of my own home (colorful, lots of pattern and floral) instead of historic, Victorian or anything else (love those, but too daunting for my first house for me to think about, kept me paralyzed, maybe next time- oh how I LOVE Victorian!) Anyway I'm now completely addicted! I can't look at anything without thinking about how it could work in my house (I'll never look at anything the same way!) I love the way it's coming out. Already planning the next house in my head (I have two great kits in my basement.......from 20+ years ago.) Great to meet you all and I can't wait to post some photos of my progress and most of all to look through all of yours!! Susan