0 Neutral

About Angi

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Angi
  • Country
    United States
  1. Thank you all so much for your helpful responses. The idea of posting an ad at some nearby consignment shop, senior centers, etc was a great & welcomed suggestion. Maybe I could find a hobby shop near by. I say "maybe" because it sadly seems so many have gone out of business & just do business online. But it's a great suggestion, Joy! Thanks again. And thank to everyone with guidence on price. I think I remember this house retailing for $79.99 back when it was purchased, but thought if it was a rare item, it might have some greater worth to it. But I suppose you folks are right, it all depends on the buyer & circumstances.
  2. True & true. Thank you. Ebay is alright, as it would likely get seen by more hobbiests, but it defintely is not without it's hassles.
  3. Okay, that's true. Thank you. Maybe I'll put it on Craigslist first & see what happens. I just figured it would really limit the potential buyers, because what are the odds that someone in just my surrounding area would be looking for it. But since it seems easiest, I might as well start there. Then try eBay if it doesn't find a new home. I'm a unsure what a fair/reasonable price is, since I can't find another one for sale. Is there a guide somewhere that could be helpful?
  4. Yes, they could if they were interested. But my point was that I have decided to sell it & was wondering if eBay seemed like the best option, especially considering the weird seperate pieces issue. And if so, any tips on shipping this beast of a box. I was hoping maybe someone had experience with this, or could give insight on a good approach.
  5. I have a Dura-craft San Franciscan 550 kit, still in the box. I've decided to sell it, but am unsure if there are better ways to go about this than eBay. I found this forum when looking up info on the kit, so I thought I'd see if anyone has any tips or advice...or maybe even know someone who is looking for one? Back story: My parents got it for me back in the mid-80's. It was discounted (about half price)...because it was missing some pieces. My stepdad being a carpenter, figured he could work some magic to get it all together. Upon opening the box, he found an order form for broken/missing pieces. Realizing he could save himself the task of recrating parts, he took tally of what was needed and ordered them from Duracraft. Shortly there after, we moved & the box was put up in the rafters of the garage. I got older, it never got put together. 25+ years into the future, my parents found the box & gave it to me. I thought maybe I'd put it together, but the reality is, I don't really have the room. I don't have kids that could enjoy it. Putting it together would be fun, but I fear then it would just be in the way. So, techincally it's an open box, which seems like it would steer away potential buyers on eBay. The missing parts sent from Duracraft are still in their unopened shipping tube. So, I have no reason to believe that there are any missing parts, but maybe this is intimidating to buyers? Shipping it would surely be a task, as it's big, heavy and in two boxes (one big box & one tube). Any advice? I suppose posting it on craigslist would avoid the whole shipping thing, but I fear it wouldn't be seen as well. I'd rather it go to someone who's been hunting for it, as I know how great it is to finally score a long searched for item. Also, I have a Greenleaf 56 piece dollhouse furniture kit. The contents are in excellent condition. The box is worn & has tape on it, but the insides are perfect. All intact with proper stickers & paperwork.