• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Greg Britton
  • Country Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

814 profile views
  1. Hi Weezah,  I have been looking at your photos of your Garfield , and I think that it is lovely. I love your colours as well.  Do you know anyone that electrified their Garfield?   I was all ready to go then I have had a terrible 18months. Now I seem to have lost my steam??

2. DHHallway4

You even have wallpapered ceiling!  Very nice.  I am kinda glad I don't have to be the one to do curtains.  But this looks so good.
  3. DHGuest

Look at you with the fancy flooring!  That is a heck of a lot nicer than mine.  Great job!
  4. Living room 'nook'

This is one of the nicest houses I have ever seen.  Amazing work!
  5. The porch frame is in place!

I did the exact same thing to stabilize the posts.  Your work is BEAUTIFUL.  Everything is so clean and crisp and the turned posts look so nice.  
  6. attic

No Selkie... just the one that is with the kit.  I thought about hinging some of the roof sections - especially the one in the front in that corner over the main stair landing.  But I really want to get this done so I can get on to the next project.  
  7. attic

Thanks folks.  Creamcheese.. it is my partner's mother.  She bought the kit and started it and then decided it was too much.  I agreed to build it for her thinking that I could throw it together in a couple months.  Boy was I wrong!  I really hate to give it up now....  haha
  8. front gable

The shingle stain is EASY!  Just take some black india ink, mix with isopropyl alcohol and brush on.  You can adjust the color by adding more/less ink.  It dries in a couple minutes and that is the look you get with no more work.  Note: the more you sand the wood the less effective the weathered look is.  The shingles were not sanded on the face so they took the stain quite well.  
  9. Starting the floor

Next time you want to create weathered wood, try a mix of india ink and alcohol.  It brushes on and dries in about 10 minutes and the look is spot on.  Check out the shingles that I put on the Garfield in my gallery and you can see the look. I LOVE the style and the decor of this item!  You did a fantastic job!
  10. front

From the album Garfield

looking up!
  11. front gable

From the album Garfield

I decided not to use the finials that were supplied in the kit.  They just seemed too large.  I turned a kingpin/finial and will use those instead.
  12. front

From the album Garfield

Yet another progress photo.  This time the shingles on the front are finished and I have the vergeboards, gable post and ridge crest in place for the front gable.
  13. attic

From the album Garfield

One last peek inside the attic from this side before the roof that covers this area gets glued in.
  14. attic

From the album Garfield

The attic is just about done.  There will be more railing on the left once the back roof section goes in.
  15. Bed detail

The bedding is so nice!  I love that you were able to use something with a family connection and history.