Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Ellen
  • Country
    United States
  1. Truly sad indeed. My prayers go out to her and her family. I do hope that she will be able to have her furry babies back soon.
  2. Ellen W.

fairday-67.jpg

Wow!!! :Jumpy: You are a very talented artist.
  3. Ellen W.

Ellen's miniatures

The following pictures show some of the houses and shops that I have built over the years. Thank you for viewing my minis.
  4. Wow!! What a beautiful house. Thank you for the wonderful idea.
  5. Thank goodness I did not see the post either. All I have to say is Congrats!!!! It does not matter how old or young a person is. If that person has the creative talent to win then that person should win. I am happy to see the younger generation participate in miniatures after all the hobby of miniatures is about sharing the craft. Happy Happy Joy Joy to the winner!!! Can't wait till the next contest to see all of the wonderful ideas.
  6. Hi Rob, Welcome! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your collection.
  7. Beautiful ! I love the stonework on your house, what a great idea!
  8. Congratulations!!! Every entry looks great!! Can't wait to this years entries.
  9. The Houseworks street of shops are fairly easy to put together. All of the panels are assembled and all you need to do is put them in place and glue. I have assembled six so far and have found that they are fun to assemble and provide a quick way to increase shop displays. In one section of my mini display, I painted several of them the same to represent a row of shops like seen in some strip malls. Now after a few years I am thinking of changing a few of them so they will be different. At any rate these kits are fairly simple and quite fun to put together. Oh, they are well made too. The only problem I have ever had is with the corner shop and that was my fault that I was not more careful lining up the walls correctly.
  10. Wow!! Thank you everyone for such wonderful ideas. LLyn M. I love the roof on your cottage. Thank you everyone for the inspiration and ideas for the roof. I will post a photo of my English Tudor style cottage tomorrow before the roofing is added and then (i hope) another photo after the roof is added. Again, thank you for some wonderful ideas.
  11. Thank you. My father is a wonderful man and I am glad he took the time to build memories with me. I must say that I would have never been able to build such a doll house (first house) without his help.
  12. Beautiful! I love it! I would have never thought to use mosaic tile in such a manner. What a wonderful idea. I love your color combination too.
  13. Prayers are with you. Please keep us posted.
  14. Wow!!! I love it! Building a castle is on my list too but this one is fantastic!! I love the torch lights, adds the perfect element to the castle. :thumb:
  15. Hi, I am working on a small English Tudor cabin (base kit The Primrose 1/12th scale). My question... is it suitable to have a wooden shingle roof or do I need to learn how to do a proper thatch roof. If thatch is the correct choice does anyone have any ideas as to the right material to use and how it should be done. Thanks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thumb: