About AngieC

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Please Select
  • Real Name
    Angie
  • Country
    Please Select
  1. The steps don't stick out. The small squares go on the inside flush with the front foundation part. The riser goes glued to that middle piece and then you glue the step inside over the two small square pieces. I hope this helps. I took pictures but I have to make them small and right now I am headed to work so if by this afternoon you haven't gotten it done then email me and I will send you pictures of when I did it. Angie
  2. My house isn't gray, it is a taupe color too. The colors are Behr from Home Depot. It is the taupe, an off white trim and the cranberry/burgendy doors and shutters.
  3. AngieC

Garfield DH

Pictures of my progress
  4. Hello Irene, my name is Angie and I just posted my Garfield pictures in the gallery because I saw that we both have similar paint schemes. What a coincidence. Does yours have the burgendy doors? I got my paint scheme from my current home except that my home's color is lighter. I have the cranberry doors and shutters so I did the same for my DH. Just thought I'd share. Your DH is lovely. Angie
  5. Jaime what did you use for the edge of your porch? Like you I don't like the rough edges showing and your edges look great. I have painted the outside of my Garfield and all the outside window trims are painted. This weekend I plan to paint the doors but not install them. I am waiting on my light kit so once I do the lighting I can finish up the exterior of the house. I've been taking pictures but haven't had the chance to upload them. Thanks for your help.
  6. Me too. Thanks. Angie
  7. I want to start working on my floor on the porch and I got some Starbuck sticks (I asked the lady there nicely for a handful) but I don't know what glue to use so it will stain easily. I know some glues won't stain and sometimes I am a bit clumsy with the glue. Thanks in advance for answering all my questions. I know I've had quite a few in the last week. Angie :lol:
  8. Hi All and thanks in advance for your help. On your built dhs have you used acrylic or regular house paint? And for lighting is it tape wire or hard wire? I am currently building the Garfield and don't know which is better to use. I look forward to reading all your responses. Thanks Angie
  9. Jaime, What kind of paint did you or are you going to use to paint your house? Will you be using acrylic paints or house paints from the hardware store? I woould like to know what people have tried and the pros and cons of using one or the other. Also did you already light your house? I have my trims done all three floors in and am on step I:Porch Ceiling. I was debating when to do lights and paint? Should I complete the house minus windows and then light and paint or do it before the roof goes on? I already primed my walls so they are all white but that's it. Thanks for any help. I too am working on the Garfield. Angie
  10. When I first joined the mini scene I remember going to different websites to view other people's work and I ran into a site that had previous show pictures. One of them included pictures of Julie's Beacon Hill all decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful. I found some on webshots by grammapux but the first ones I found were closer up. If anyone knows what website had these pictures please help me out. Thanks. My Garfield is going great. I am working on building the 3rd floor now. Angie
  11. Can you still light your house even if you're not going to wallpaper all your rooms? I want to paint some rooms but how will it hide the tape?
  12. Thanks that's what I thought.
  13. Once the foundation is done and glued and the gaps filled do I also add filler to the gaps in the tabs that are already glued? Not the open slots for the walls but the tabs and slots on the foundation that have been glued together. Thanx.
  14. Are there more message boards or list that you all hang out at? If so can you email me privately if it's not allowed on the board. Thanx
  15. So I am forming the steps with these pieces on the outside of #13 foundation right? Doogster, thanks so much for your help. I was checking the gallery to see if you had pictures or any of the other ones building the Garfield but I couldn't tel from any of the pictures how this step went. Do you think I could skip it and come back to it when I am done sanding and filling this part of the foundation? Also I have gaps on the side to side foundation pieces and on the pieces that form the foundation. Did you have gaps in between piieces and if so did you just fill them with wood fill and sand it? Even when I did a dry run before glueing there were gaps even if I switched the piece around to make sure it was in the right position.