Art, miniatures, and working with kids

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Sunny
  • Country
    United States
  1. I bought a Sizzix die cutter at a yard sale and found some dies I like but I don't know what size they are. I was wondering if anybody knew. I saw one of a silhouette of Victorian furniture and one of the porch gingerbread corners. I hate to spend alot of time hunting the dies to find out they are way off in scale for 1/2 and 1inch scale.
  2. These are so cool to hear. I wonder if I have inspired a child that comes over to play with my kids? We need more mini addicts in the world ;)
  3. It works, I used foam board to create my ground then you can apply pressure for the dips in the yard
  4. OH, happy day!!! I salvaged myself a vanity for my bedroom today. Out of an old barn. It is a late 1930-early 1940 Caviler brand walnut 4 drawer ladies dresser with pivoting mirror. It is rough of course, Some vainer damage and dry as a bone. After a Murphie's oil-soap bath,three applications of strait lemon oil and removal of many spider nests and mud dabber nests it is in my bedroom piled down with books to get the vernier to lay flat. I should have the repairs done within the week and I hope to be able to afford the vaneir soon to repair one of the drawer faces. I'll post pics when I am done
  5. I totally agree! We are simply providing homes for the homeless. Nothing childish about that. I can't wait to tell my mother that one. She still asks me when I am going to grow up. I am a divorced mother of three going back to college I need my sanity! I like having a "home" to come home to that is clean and where everything is where I left it. LOL
  6. I needed ideas for the fore place. Hey, where did you by the 1/2 braid?
  7. Rutherford never opened ,Lafayette missing guttering, ruff and rustic Barn. I also have some that have been assembled. Marquan Hill (needs tlc), Adirondack (played with missing some trim), and the real good toys Vermont farmhouse(porch needs rebuilt) All the built ones have been played with by my kids or stored out in dad's shed on his farm after my divorce. I'm wanting smaller scale houses or items so trade me or make me offers. This is only for one of them you choose and make me an offer the rest will go to ebay.
  8. Local boy huh, Wish that store was still there Overland park Kansas is the closest to me now. Isn't it amazing how you get so taken buy it. I am having so much fun reading these!!!
  9. Ok, I have some one inch kits and I think I'd like to trade for smaller scales. Depends on who has what I guess. But I just haven't got room for the standard scale in my little house. Anybody willing to consider trades.
  10. ***Sunny***

my mckinley

This my favorite 1 inch scale. Primarily because I have room for this one.
  11. I remember the books, I bought The Dollhouse Murders for my 9yr old a while back
  12. When I was about 7 or so mom and I went out to my grandma's(the antique dealer). She had a piece of furniture she wanted to show my mom. When we walked into restoring studio It caught my eyes immediately! I museum quality display house. She asked me not to touch it. I looked through windows at the handmade fully inclosed beauty tiny drapes, glassware fabrics and soft furnishings. It was so lovely and the detail beyond anything I had ever imagined. I fell in love right away. Barbie started to get detail in her home. Plato food, handmade pillows. LOL as a teen I got a cottage kit, I saved up for so long and begged the other grandma to take me to the hobby lobby 60miles away. I worked on it for 6 months. I just loved it. That was it for years until I was given a San Franciscan then it all refueled my fire!!! I have had a "tiny" problem ever since. Garage sale,s flee markets, dollar stores, it goes on and on. The amazement I had as a child became a goal as an adult.