• Last visited

12 Good

About cdisdero

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://www.silverridgemodelworks.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniatures, Video production, Photography, Model Railroading, Software Engineering.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Christopher Disdero
  • Country
    United States
  1. I've updated my website at http://silverridgemodelworks.com/category/products/dollhouse-furniture/with information on my three new miniature furniture kits and added pre-order information to my store. As a special gift to all my new Greenleaf forum friends, I've lowered the prices up to 20% through Christmas day. Check it out and I hope you like what you see. Spread the word. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
  2. I was working on taking photos for some sanding and finishing guidance clinics on my business web site for my upcoming new furniture kits when I realized that I had never before photographed some of the classic House of Miniatures kits from the 1970's that I've built over the years. Here are some, along with a room box featuring a grand piano model I built from a Mini Mundus kit several years back. Merry Christmas to you all! - Chris
  3. Sorry I've been away for a while - been busy working on finalizing my first three kits. I think I'm close to complete. Greetings to you, CheckMouse! We are certainly a short distance away from each other! Merry Christmas to all of you and thank you all for the warm welcome and encouragement!
  4. So sorry to have been gone so long, but I've been working on manuals, assembly diagrams, and costs and suppliers for my first three kits. I think I'm getting close to finalizing everything. Thanks for the link to the Mission style furniture, havanaholly. Great suggestion - I could do a series on Mission! I love that style. Merry Christmas to everyone, and thanks for all the advice and support!
  5. cdisdero

IMG0573

Glad you like! Most all of my model railroading is HO scale.
  6. cdisdero

Some miniatures and other wood projects

Some photos I've taken of some of my miniature and other wood model building.
  7. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas, especially about the contemporary styles. I guess I'll be busy. Back to work...
  8. Thanks so much for the welcomes! Happy to be a part of your community.
  9. I am a new member of your fine community, and I've recently designed and engineered several new miniature dollhouse furniture kits in 1:12 scale that I'll be releasing soon through my company Silver Ridge Modelworks. Attached are some photos of the finished prototypes. There's a writing desk which features real dovetail joinery on the drawers, a round table, and a wall cabinet. The kits will feature all the precut and laser-cut wood parts, and hardware, along with full assembly and finishing instructions. Many hours of fun for those who love to build miniatures. If there's some interest, I hope to produce many more designs. I've been modeling miniatures since I was 10 years old (for me that's quite some time ago). I've built many House of Miniatures kits as well as Shenandoah Miniature furniture kits, room boxes by Houseworks, and more. I also have many years of experience modeling HO scale model railroad structures by the big names in the business - Fine Scale Miniatures, South River Modelworks, and Sierra West Scale Models. After years of building other people's designs, I wanted to try my own hand at designing and producing my own kits. Hence my company Silver Ridge Modelworks. I'm glad to be a part of your community and hope to be an active contributor. Sincerely, Christopher Disdero Sole Proprietor Silver Ridge Modelworks
  10. Thanks for all the interest in my kits! To answer some of the great questions that havanaholly brought up: Q: Will your kits be made of basswood or other woods? A: They will be made from basswood to begin with, but I could produce versions with cherry, maple, mahogany, or walnut. The other woods are more expensive, but I could make them available in limited quantities if there's interest. Q: Will they include hardware? A: Yes. Probably Houseworks hardware. That's what I used for the prototypes. Q: I suggest not including stain packets, like the House of Miniatures kits do. A: I agree. I won't be including stain packets. I give people suggestions in the instruction manuals on the kinds of stain and finishes I'd recommend along with part numbers and places to buy. Q: Is your little round table a pie crust table, or will that be an option? A: The round table kit featured in the photos does not have a pie crust top. Perhaps if I get some ideas about mass-fabricating that top style, I will add that design later - great suggestion! Q: Is the round table top fixed or a tilt top? A: The round table kit will have a fixed top. I hope to introduce a nice tilt-top design later that will use a much better and more stable tilt mechanism than that original HoM kit you are referring to. Q: Oh, an will your kits include the weensy hardware? A: Yes. All the hardware and wood parts to assemble your craftsman quality furniture will be included. minilover62 raised an important issue about the price tag of these kits, that I'd like to address. Sadly, the costs of the wood and laser cutting is skyrocketing. I intend to produce the kits so that I only make a modest profit over the actual cost of the materials. Even so, the cost of these kits will probably be more than the original HoM kits from 40 years ago. I don't have accurate costs yet - I need to have my laser cutting service cut the final designs (after fixing issues I ran into during prototyping) and then I can calculate actual costs. This should happen within the next week or so. After that I'll have some kits to sell. I'll keep you all posted when they are available. I'm so glad you are interested in these kits. I have a lot more designs to produce so before long we could have a rich series of kits to enjoy building. I'm so excited to get started, and I'm glad you are too!
  11. I am a new member of your fine community, and I've recently designed and engineered several new miniature dollhouse furniture kits in 1:12 scale that I'll be releasing soon through my company Silver Ridge Modelworks. Here are some photos of the finished prototypes. There's a writing desk which features real dovetail joinery on the drawers, a round table, and a wall cabinet. The kits will feature all the precut and laser-cut wood parts along with full assembly and finishing instructions. Many hours of fun for those who love to build miniatures. Tell me what you think. If there's some interest, I hope to produce many more designs. Thanks! Sincerely, Christopher Disdero Sole Proprietor Silver Ridge Modelworks