United States

Recent Profile Visitors

888 profile views
  1. floiceland

Floiceland Bed and Breakfast

Josiah Golden House, c. 1991, by Clell Boyce
  2. floiceland

IMG 3654

I sent Signazon my pdf file with my windows already sized. I asked that the colors be translucent. It was around $70 for 16 of them on an 8.5x11 sheet. That's less than $5 each. They are done on an adhesive decal that mounts on the inside glass. Before I installed it, I used clear embossing by VersaMark and clear embossing power by Ranger. When using the heat gun, you must hold it at least 18" or more away from the decal so that the edges do not curl. Your original should allow for a wide 1/8" black border around the decal for cutting.
  3. floiceland

IMG 3654

I sent Signazon my pdf file with my windows already sized. I asked that the colors be translucent. It was around $70 for 16 of them on an 8.5x11 sheet. That's less than $5 each. They are done on an adhesive decal that mounts on the inside glass. Before I installed it, I used clear embossing by Versamarc and clear embossing power by Ranger. When using the heat gun, you must hold it at least 18" or more away from the decal so that the edges do not curl. Your original should allow for a wide 1/8" black border around the decal for cutting.
  4. floiceland

Rear of House

Very pretty. I love the color combinations in and out.
  5. floiceland

P1014316

That is precious. I'm amazed that you can see the detail so clearly.
  6. Thank you for sharing this. It is very realistic!
  7. Hi Everyone, I have been pondering over printing transparencies for stained glass on my ink jet printer. I've been experimenting like crazy and still going at it. I don't like how washed out the transparencies are. What I've come up with that I like is to print onto 48 lb. vellum. You can buy it by the sheet at Kelly Paper. It dries fairly fast. Take a VersaMark CLEAR embossing pad and stamp your image. Next, pour on Ranger SUPER FINE DETAIL CLEAR embossing powder. You DO NOT want to use inks that have color or embossing powder that is aurora borealis as it distorts the detail. When you have heat embossed your printie, you should see the texture of a real stained glass window. You can emboss the backside as well. The 48lb vellum is practically card stock and will hold up. I have two more tests to complete: 1) sending file to Kinko's to print on laser printer using the vellum and transparency (let's hope it's darker); 2) I've also sent file to decal company for a window cling. My understanding is that the window cling can be heat embossed as well. You can see some photos of the ones I've done in my gallery. I'll keep you posted how the last two samples turn out. P.S. I had to find an easier way because my hands are starting to act up. I broke them years ago and never had any problems, but now I have a trigger finger. Trying to cut the leading without some sort of jig is NOT fun. I sure hope I can get to fabulous!
  8. Hi Everyone, I have been pondering over printing transparencies for stained glass on my ink jet printer. I've been experimenting like crazy and still going at it. I don't like how washed out the transparencies are. What I've come up with that I like is to print onto 48 lb. vellum. You can buy it by the sheet at Kelly Paper. It dries fairly fast. Take a VersaMark CLEAR embossing pad and stamp your image. Next, pour on Ranger SUPER FINE DETAIL CLEAR embossing powder. You DO NOT want to use inks that have color or embossing powder that is aurora borealis as it distorts the detail. When you have heat embossed your printie, you should see the texture of a real stained glass window. You can emboss the backside as well. The 48lb vellum is practically card stock and will hold up. I have two more tests to complete: 1) sending file to Kinko's to print on laser printer using the vellum and transparency (let's hope it's darker); 2) I've also sent file to decal company for a window cling. My understanding is that the window cling can be heat embossed as well. You can see some photos of the ones I've done in my gallery. I'll keep you posted how the last two samples turn out.
  9. Incredibly beautiful craftsmanship!
  10. floiceland

Front Entry

Thank you. It is my first build. This house is so large, it's like having to do four smaller houses.
  11. floiceland

IMG 3584

I'm so sorry that I didn't post anything to describe these windows. These are from a cd by print mini.com. The disc is $10 and includes a variety of files from wallpapers, boxes to stained glass. They are pdf files. I'm still testing out the method to install them permanently. I printed them using an ink jet printer on vellum paper (49 lb). I then used clear embossing ink and powder. I like them, but I think they can be improved with printing on a laser printer. I'm still working it out.
  12. floiceland

IMG 3586

I'm so sorry that I didn't post anything to describe these windows. These are from a cd by print mini.com. The disc is $10 and includes a variety of files from wallpapers, boxes to stained glass. They are pdf files. I'm still testing out the method to install them permanently. I printed them using an ink jet printer on vellum paper (49 lb). I then used clear embossing ink and powder. I like them, but I think they can be improved with printing on a laser printer. I'm still working it out.