About KoalaSam

• Rank
    Dollhouse-aholic

Contact Methods

• ICQ 0

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Michigan, USA
  • Interests Acquiring, building, bashing, and dreaming about dollhouses! Oh boy, I really LOVE dollhouses! They make my heart sing.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Please Select
  • Real Name Sam
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

1989 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Oh, I would love to have that big San Francisco house!
  2. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Boo hoo, I want a Pepperwood farm! It is on my grail list but Colorado is too far from Michigan!
  3. IMG_0507.JPG

Fantastic!
  4. IMG_0507.JPG

Fantastic!
  5. MDF--- particle board

I am currently building the Dura Craft Mansion (pictures are on my blog).  I found out that the base was made from particle board, so I am assuming that the 600 is the same. My advice would be to make your base from another type of wood as the particle board is really susceptible to moisture. (I had the opportunity to buy another Dura Craft house but the base was really crumbly and swollen from sitting in a damp basement.) The interior walls and roof are made from masonite. It is smooth on one side and rough on the other. On the roof I am using the rough side facing upwards so that it will be covered by the shingles. (I will first undercoat it with Kilz and then paint it with a dark acrylic before adding the shingles)    
  6. Help with RGT New Orleans Kit Photos

I shouldn't comment as I have dozens of houses all going at the same time. For me, I need to do it that way so that when I get stuck I can keep working on another house. I usually know what to do when I get back to the original house that was giving me problems. My mail lady also knows me well. It seems like she is always dropping packages off at the front door. As for the New Orleans house - I don't have this one, but I know you will do a swell job with it. Just listen, it sounds like it is already talking to you!
  7. High end miniature furniture

I must be old and cranky too. I would never pay that much for those pieces.
  8. Who occupies your houses?

Don't discount  dolls too quickly. Sometimes even the oversized ones can pitch in and help.
  9. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I am majorly disappointed. I was supposed to pick up the Foxhall manor, but the seller decided to keep it at the last minute. I would have loved to build and keep that house! Oh well.
  10. Who occupies your houses?

Yes they are!
  11. Who occupies your houses?

I have assorted dolls who tell me what kind of house they want to live in. I used to think my dollhouses were demanding, but dolls have bigger voices! Here are a few of my occupants.  
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I am getting this house! I am just waiting for the seller to get back to me.
  13. New to the Forum, but Not to Minis

Hi Wendy!!! Great to see you here! I know that you are very talented and have lots of knowledge about dollhouses. You are going to be a wonderful asset to this community.
  14. Cheryl's Place

I absolutely love how you have finished this house! I hope the auction goes well.
  15. After 27 years--the dollhouse is finished!

It is beautiful!