• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Heather
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

891 profile views
  1. I have shelves upon shelves of acrylic paint... will those work with out having the wood warp/expand... I plan on priming everything with a white base coat then painting the different colors. I plan on painting everything before assembling and touching up where I have to.
  2. I decided to go against using wallpaper on the walls but to paint them with designs or just solid colors with wood trim depending on the rooms... I know acrylic paint is water based and could expand/warp the wood which I would like to avoid at all costs. If anyone out there has painted their homes what type and brand are the best paints to use?
  3. hsouthard

Garfield exterior

Did you use siding or indented the wood to look like siding? You did a phenomial job.
  4. So I'm at a stand still in the building process of my Garfield. I finally figured out the interior design but I am going back and forth between wiring the house for lights or just leaving them out of the house. If I do go forward with wiring, is the tape wire better than actual wiring? I've recently been told there are battery operated lights. Everyone has their opinions about wiring but I'd like to keep it specific to the Garfield being that it is a large house and some of the rooms, once assembled, are hard to get to. I'd like to read about people's adventures with the wiring, the good, the bad and the ugly! Thanks
  5. hsouthard

Kitchen

We talked about how you scribed the floors instead of using sticks or other materials, did you do the same with the woodpaneling on the wall?
  6. Thanks, I'll have to look into that!
  7. I didn't think about the ruler but that's a great idea to keep straight lines. Thanks
  8. That's what I plan on doing. Dremeling a channel into the walls/ceiling to hide the wires and also using the baseboards for hiding wires. Thanks!
  9. It certainly is beautiful. After reading all of this.... I plan on decorating all the walls, floors and ceilings before finalizing the build.
  10. Thank you! I will definietly look at this for help when I get to the wiring.
  11. Thank you! I will certainly check out your gallery. I've used several people's galleries as instructions to help build the Garfield so far. This forum is a lot of help and filled with a lot of nice people to help guide you through the build. I can't thank these people enough for their help and opinions.
  12. I was looking into tape wire because it seemed easy but now knowing I'm not doing wallpaper or flooring, I plan on doing round wire and doing what weezah suggested about using a dremel to make ditches to run the wire through and spackling over so that I can paint all the walls. Also using baseboards to hide the wire behind.
  13. I'm actually going to pass on the idea of popsicle or skinny sticks. I like weezah's idea of indenting or scribbing the floors to make it look like hardwood floors. I just like knowing the floors won't come up or warp once glued.