morgansmith

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by morgansmith

1. No worries. I have an ugly old bed I made (first practice with a new scroll saw, years ago) working as a stand in for now. So...why can't I figure out how to upload more photos to an album? When it asks a bunch of questions on step 2 I think it is, I have tried everything, with no luck. Any clue?
  2. Good luck! I have my Grandparents old ugly tv. It is a metal cabinet. 60+ years old. I plan to make it a roombox. Great idea! Post photos. That style tv could be a great base for something very modern or some kind of theme thing going on. Maybe recreate a room from a favorite tv show from the era of the cabinet. I love your enthusiasm and creativity Rebecca!
  3. I already tried that route. No dimensions listed.
  4. Well, hopefully the Fling won't be announced this week. I need to finish my sweet lil Buttercup Yep. That's the trick. Find something to obsess on
  5. Hey Ms. Blondie...what are the chances of getting measurements for Ollie's bed? This upstairs is so small. I am worried about the fit. I know...order it. But, I only get to order so much. And the fling must be almost here If I order the bed and don't use it my husband will remind me every time I order for the next 6 months. Thank God he'll be laughing too, but I TRY to be responsible and keep my mini budget mini-ish
  6. Kathie, I don't know how to quote a part of a reply but your 'don't you love how many roads lead to Damascus' really made me laugh. I have first of all, never heard the quote and second of all, I have a feeling you are clueless on this...the roads from my house don't ALL lead straight to Damascus but close. We border the town of Damascus As for the lab coat...ha! Got that covered too. A white lab coat I wear when making polymer figures. As for the yellow gloves, I mentioned gloves as a matter of intelligence, which I may lack. I am the ghost white lady with black fingers When I am aging wood anyway.
  7. It's looking great, Lawanda I of course vote for a RUSTY tin roof on a barn (see Spring Fling 2012 and soon, an album in my gallery for 'The Enchanted Barn'. Rusty or colored metal, I love the character of the metal against the old wood. Can't wait to see more Edit PS- I love the title of your topic Clever.
  8. Ok, so why exactly is this place not PERFECT??? Jeremy, you goofball. It's beautiful!
  9. Since I had never heard of the two pan method, I created this for using alcohol and india ink on shingles. It works great with that stain. I use a dollar store rubbermaid type container with a good lid, latex gloves, a plastic grocery sack, old cookie sheet and wax paper. I put what I think is enough stain in the container. Fill it with shingles, to the top, or however many I need. I put the lid on tight, wrap the container in the bag and shake the livin' daylights out of it. Then I carefully remove the lid to see the results. I either add more stain or drain what's left. Then, I pour out the shingles on the cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I spread them out and play with them until they are looking ready to be left alone to dry. Silly, but it works well for me.
  10. Greg, Thank you! What a wonderful help for any of us planning to travel. I obsess over such things and my personality is to 'comparmentalize'. I will now in my mind and on paper work until I have designed a carry on work station perfect for flying.
  11. I did it! I did it! I did it! Littlestone Cottage has an album with two photos! Nothing interesting yet but now that I know I can make albums from my phone I am ready to have some fun Later tonight maybe, start watching for new photos from me
  12. Jeremy, If things are the same in Florida as in Oregon, what you are buying is a fantastic investment property. In a few years you could ditch the mobile home, build a nice house and have tons of equity. In the meantime, a little effort into landscaping and the front of the house image and laugh at those who spend thousands a month on mortgages. You can bank hundreds a month and catch up to them So I say, CONGRATULATIONS AND SMART BUY!
  13. Hehe...a friend and I are watching Sweeney Todd. Maybe that will help
  14. Yea, yea...whatever Seems to me like you were hoping for this week...a gal can only hope My husband offered to cut a hole in the already constructed Buttercup so I could mount my fireplace more flush with the interior wall. I can't do heavier dremel stuff anymore As soon as he gets back from working out of town' I'll get the fireplace finished and can finish the rock. I got the rest done today. I plan to try and create an album now that I have semi mastered including photos in a post
  15. YOU are restless61??? or you BOUGHT some??? Either way...do they stay gray? Can they be painted?
  16. Maureen, I'm with you on the Jeopardy answer. I love Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Good job! Congratulations!
  17. Jane & Holly, It is AMAZING how much it appears you BOTH heard our conversation last night about this project. Yes, yes, yes, to pretty much all of that as perfect ideas. The photo I sent my friend that inspired him to ask this is one I was using for my own inspiration for the stone exterior of my half scale Buttercup. Jane, your photo is much closer to what I see in my mind. I picture it as something that is dramatically different on each side. He truly wants me to make everything and charge accordingly. Well, I am trying to convince him there are people out there worth paying for fantastic artistry. Hopefully he will let me build the structure and we'll look for the decor elsewhere. Any suggestions regarding gargoyles? Thank you soooooo much. You both gave me ideas and confirmed thoughts, all of which fit perfectly.
  18. Dang it again, then, because I have a new suggestion The collectible type papers for later, SCRAPBOOK PAPER now You can find limitless styles of scrapbook paper, cheap, even as low as 6/$1 on sale. 12" x 12" squares. Any craft store. That would be perfect for now. Especially glued to poster board, sealed, then double sided tape to mount to the walls and easily removable later. No windows to work around is a good deal. You can get tons of great styles. I got my daughter Ariel paper, Hello Kitty, rainbows... And as for removing pieces to accommodate Barbie. Is the 'floor' space going to be big enough?
  19. Yes, Blondie...get it put together! I am ready to order the bed and steps if I think they will work how I want. I ordered a round end table to go with the chair downstairs. Once I have the bed and put all of the furniture together, I have my basic furnishings. I still want a tiny hutch but may have to build that myself. The pink door and rug work well. I added back a wicker love seat I had deleted because I might like it. I keep thinking I will post pictures of my progress but the light hasn't cooperated. Soon. I hope.
  20. Sable, I hope you post LOTS of pictures. How exciting. I would be in heaven to get to help with such a project. And as for speaking French...have fun with that too I studied French for 2.5 years and remember a few words but never got to where I was comfortable with anything near a conversation. You'll have to share your adventure with us. We dollhousers seem to enjoy vicarious living
  21. Hello my multi talented forum friends A very dear friend of mine asked me to make him what I would call a vignette. He wants what he calls a 'fantasy door'. A front door, with some wall surrounding it. The final piece would look anything from Harry Potter to 1800's or earlier and needn't be anything exact, just what I create. The theme would be a 'keep the evil out and good in' kind of thing. I had some ideas he loved and gave him some things to research (he loves original art and ebay and has never heard of an ACEO) and we plan to talk again tonight or tomorrow. I am NOT a fan of this type of art per se. I LOVE Harry Potter and such but not gargoyles (which he mentioned) or even thinking about evil. Regardless of what I think of, I do not feel qualified to give the initial creative thought in this everything it deserves. Any thoughts or ideas from all of you would be appreciated. And for whatever it is worth, he's a nice guy, just the kind of guy that likes scary movies and such. So, we're not looking to design something weird, maybe just intense?
  22. I get my shrink tubing from an LED light source. Can't remember the name but it's for model train supplies.
  23. I love this suggestion. It is a perfect thought starter for the Fling, and so much more. Very interesting.
  24. Wow. More smiles. I just talked to my friend. He is thinking EXACTLY what I have been picturing, to begin with. It's like he filled in all of the details to what I sketched out. Unfortunately, he may rue the day he suggested this. My husband even said 'did you warn him what he's getting into?' and he was referring to the addiction. Currently, my friend is off on a new adventure. He is great friends with ebay and has never heard of an ACEO (he loves wall art) or an OOAK. He is searching out what he might like displayed on either side of a door meant to keep evil out and good in. Anyway, thought I would share that because it really made me smile.
  25. Funny. Your interpretation of the kit looks little like my childhood bedroom yet it took me straight there. Thank you for the memories your beautiful work created.