morgansmith

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by morgansmith

1. Well, I done gone did it again. Brought home another dollhouse I don't have room for. But.....IT'S CUTE! I want to learn to do egg carton stone and brick and I'm thinking this will make an adorable stone cottage. There are only four rooms but they're good size. And Karin, it is MDF and no issues. It's missing the directions but everything else seems to be there.
  2. Brae~ I'm only laughing at the big race to start I can't imagine two contests but I have learned to never say never.
  3. Karin THANK YOU! DUH! MDF. I knew this and didn't think a thing about it. I will make sure and check for sure (no more $10 San Francisco's with no parts) because you are right. MDF is not the same as plywood. Thank you, thank you for reminding me. I know 'that's what friends are for'. And, how about 'that's what forum's are for'?
  4. You guys are goofy. I just ordered mine and it's probably a week out. Don't forget, Dean gave us a HUGE gift this year. ENOUGH TIME! Yea Dean and Greenleaf! I am loving every second of doing the pre arrival research. Now, if I was just any closer to making these decisions. I'd like to be ready to work when the kit gets here
  5. Thank you for sharing this great information Debora. I've done some experimenting with stained glass and have been itching to try more.
  6. I just put 2 & 2 together. You know what this means? My local miniature show is the first weekend in October. I can count on some last minute fling finish goodies. How fun. There's bound to be something. With the plans I have it will be easy to add a last minute treasure
  7. Don't get me wrong I bashed the living daylights out of the last two years kits. Bashing is da bomb! But this year, I'm thinking different because that's how my fickle mind works. But......I do think I'll go for one cut. Just one
  8. This one is a good one in that it isn't the same ol' same ol' when it comes to 4 plain square rooms, no stairs. The porch has a round gazebo type corner. The outside is quite deceptive in that you would never know the inside was 2 up 2 down and that's it. Three rooms have one plain window. The living room has a glass door like a single french door with the dividers removed. It can easily be customized. I have no idea what I'm doing. I have enough builds in progress and the Spring Fling ordered but we'll see.
  9. I don't know if I plan to make any real cuts this year. The last two years I did a lot of bashing to get what I wanted. This years kit simply oozes with as is ideas. I am liking the idea of bringing the shell to life with just what I add and not what I take away. That's how I feel this year. But of course, every build says something different.
  10. I have this cabin already done. They are pretty easy to get for 100 or less, ebay or craigslist, kit or built. It's pretty cute. Mine is a Christmas cabin.
  11. I have a chance to get a complete, partly constructed Hillsdale for $20. The photos are cute, does anyone know about this house? I can't find much on here.
  12. Sanding makes sense. But seriously.....folk art! Folk art is known to be disproportionate, isn't it?
  13. Ok, so call me dumb but I wouldn't know a muskrat from a meerkat. EASY fix! Tell people they are muskrats, tell the little critters they are muskrats and problem solved!
  14. Selkie's right Jenny. In fact, when I tried to like her comment, I kept having issues and it would show I liked it then go away. I had to like it 3 or 4 times to get it to stick. Do NOT let the MHS get you! I certainly let them have it!
  15. I get to order my kit this weekend but am still stumped. The perfect door.......it's gotta be just right. My Mom jumped in in the opinions and has been a big help. I'm really looking forward to her getting to watch the progress. I have lived too far for that previusly. This extra time is what has me most excited. Finally........time to think! And one would think I could choose one simple door in less than a week.
  16. This years kit seemed too much like last years at first. Duh! Every one of us enjoyed that kit and had other ideas for it. Now, we can build what we wished we built last year or chose second. Good deal CJ. I wish I had the room to build the fling kit using some of last years options. I plan to order this weekend as soon as I decide on which door But......I can't do a bunch of extra's that add to the size. I simply don't have the room.
  17. I loved last years fling but the design prevented me from going different directions. This years base kit is like a glorified room box. It can be taken just about anywhere. I love that quality in this kit. Home, business, modern, storybook, kind of small, kind of big...... Too big. I will build a 1" scale lighthouse probably next year and these will be my last 1". No more room Now I need to find a smaller scale contest that is this much fun Are there any out there? I'm thinkin' Greenleaf is the only place like it and I'll just have to start giving stuff away
  18. Silvia~ I bought a Beacon Hill off Craigslist. The shell is built, not too well, and I found the needed missing pieces on ebay. I'm having a blast. Find the topic about 'Beacon Hill builders next generation, or something like that, on here (it should always be on the first page of 'new content' if it's not on the main page) and join in. It's a sub group devoted to our Beacon Hills. Also, once you have 5 posts you can start an album and anytime you can add photos into a post. We all LOVE pictures and can help alot when we can see what you mean. Welcome to the forum. I love it here and hope you will too. Morgan
  19. Natalia~ This is the story of my life and one of my greatest passions. That which is 'more than coincidence'. I think your story is beautiful and should be a cherished part of your houses history. It didn't 'just' happen. Our home has a special address and it means alot to me too.
  20. Tracy~ The folk art appeal of your meerkats is right on. Perhaps you don't like their look because you wanted them to look different. They are adorable. Accept it
  21. I keep envisioning 'family portraits' of other chickens up on the wall.
  22. EXACTLY! Opposites attract My soft spoken shabby lady who loves roses, next to a quirky eccentric who reeks of ??? I figure as this house progresses it will tell me who its neighbor should be Probably a bohemian sort of personality.
  23. I'm warning you, we have the world's greatest attorney. He will laugh at you and tell you to 'grin and build it'. Welcome to the insanity! I just changed my fling to idea 3! Why? Because my Mommy said so (I am 52)
  24. Bash, bash, bash. Do what you want. The contest requires you use the base house @ 19.95, finish and submit photos by Halloween. The rules are black and white, nothing hidden. This means you do whatever you want to the kit and no one says you did it wrong. Then, every single one of us has the time of our lives seeing what everyone did. And NO ONE ever tells what they are building. It is a huge part of the fun.