morgansmith

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by morgansmith

1. I knew it! See...she's the stalker type and never going to leave poor Ollie alone. Perhaps if she had her own cottage?
  2. It is a fact that Ollie is in mourning. However, the pale as a ghost woman seems to think she is meant to be his girlfriend. He does everything he can to ditch her, including buying a convertible he can hop into for fast getaways. Despite Ollie's creativity, he never seems to totally escape. Good thing he loves his little cottage and has strong locks on the doors. Even when she sits outside singing and making all kinds of noise, Ollie is inside and comfy. Perhaps she is THAT kind of girlfriend
  3. I forgot to say last night, Ollie's wheels suit him so perfect, no wonder April sent them. A perfect call on that one. What if he had a carport of sorts to keep his car in but he could park it down the road for outdoor parties when the carport is strung with lights and a picnic table is brought in? My Buttercup is calling out to me today. Here's hoping
  4. June 21st is six long full weeks from now. There is no need to think a SPRING fling will never happen. And honestly, I don't care what kind of fling it is, I just want to FLING! For fun. Seriously...if no fling were in the stages of being announced we would have been told by now. Don't you think? Remember last year? When the fling finally got here it was a best ever year for an amazing kit with all kinds of great options. We had a LOT of fun
  5. Does Ollie's woman have a name??? For whatever reason, I am starting to feel a bit of 'Beetlejuice' in the air.
  6. You can say that again, holly. Good thing the trip is so short. Escape reality: hang out and fling awhile!
  7. Double? That's all? I am having a terrible time not going nuts!
  8. Drat it! I had reaaally hoped for an announcement by the end of the day. I am sooooo ready to fling. It's like counting down the days until summer vacation
  9. I would LOVE to do a steampunked Spring Fling entry. We'll have to see what it says when it appears. I have had a VERY specific idea in mind for two years. Someday I will get to build it. Maybe Fling it
  10. Your work is beautiful. I hope to add some to my collection
  11. Thanks for the link to the history of Greenleaf, Pam. I have read it before and enjoyed it again. I am glad it points out the skills of a 10 year old. As i read this, I kept thinking how at 10 I was more crafty than most adults and could have built a dollhouse kit then as well as now. As for what we call our hobby. Ever since someone called it 'dollhousing' on here I have LOVED that term. It connects with my thinking I guess. But, I have long said we should call them miniature houses because that is what they are. Many people never put a doll in a miniature house yet call it a dollhouse. My last years Spring Fling has only ever had mice in it Is it a Maus Haus? (Deborah's spelling)
  12. Normally I would keep quiet. This style just isn't me although I do remember it's original hey day. However...I must say, you have made it tempting to change my mind It took a lot to impress me, and you did. Fantastic work!!!
  13. That's so funny Deborah. I almost mentioned the same thing. I see a lot of similarity between the Arthur and Diana. And it is for certain, anyone who hasn't done a laser cut kit is in for a real treat. There is no comparison to die cut.
  14. Jennifer, If you check the Greenleaf Miniatures Store, you can pull up a page for laser cut kits. You will see all of the 1" scale kits available in laser cut and some of the 1/2". If you look at the page of half scale dollhouses, all of those are laser cut. The Fairfield,a 1/2" scale house shown elsewhere is the only GL house in that scale that is NOT laser cut. If your Aunt likes half scale you can get The Arthur that way in laser cut. Sure hope I made sense Good luck, I hate sanding too. I LOVE my Beacon Hill but am so grateful to have purchased the shell on craigslist.
  15. I think it's important to recognize here that no matter how many mini's one has made, we are all newbie's to wiring when we begin wiring. I found the dvd on tape wiring, combined with the book, to be quite helpful.
  16. Nutti, I feel for you. Here's hoping everything is soon found. As for organizing...I get that too. I want space for my mini's again sooooo bad. Right now we have people staying with us and using that room. People are more important. I think Doesn't stop me. Just gives me an excuse to use the whole house for storage
  17. Heidi, you are in my thoughts and prayers. As someone with a complicated medical life and the same with many people I am close to, I understand and empathize. Thank God for miniatures!
  18. A dollhouse plays a key role in one of the 'Gilmore Girls' episodes, which may be titled 'The Dollhouse'. Not sure what house it is. There is also an episode of Friends in which a dollhouse is featured.
  19. So,I kept thinking 'Tuesday, Tuesday...', well, it's Tuesday, Tuesday. Guess it wasn't thinking, just dreaming. Big sigh...thinking about doing some more work on my lil Buttercup
  20. Great question! I had to really think about this. The heart of a home for me means something different in every home. For my dollhouse world the whole house is meaningful. The house itself is all heart of the home I guess you could say. When it comes to what I center my builds around that too is different each time. It depends. My personal favorite room in a house is the attic so if I have a chance, making the attic the best part of the build is fun. I also find I am most attracted to beds, couches and hutches, it seems at this time. Corner cabinets and shelves are favorites as well. I really just love mini's
  21. I thank you all so much for your kindness. I am indeed, ready to fling. In spirit and pocketbook. Now, we need a fling. I have a list of several ideas and concepts I would love to use. I can't wait to see what the kit is. I was looking at each of the previous kits today and noticing how much I liked each one of them. No doubt, this year will be special.
  22. Two of the things that help me in this area are invisible thread and fray check. I also use fabric glue. The invisible thread is super fine and items make up better with it. It's not as stiff as regular threads. Fray check and fabric glue I use strictly to prev fraying. It's not used for assembly. Depending on what you are making I find used vintage and antique fabrics often work better. Fabric that is 'thin and heavy'.
  23. Welcome Lisa! I'm sorry I missed this the first time around. I love your tree stump house. You are quite talented although you are no doubt used to that compliment and realized such. I have made what I call tree stump houses for decades, for characters I just call stump fairies. Mine are on top of the tree stumps, not in them. I now make the stumps of polymer but used to make them of real wood. I have planned to try paper clay next. Now I also plan to try the method you used. Wow! I am very impressed with your work. Amazing. I really look forward to seeing more of what you do. Funny how you named your RealPuki Soso, Twinkle. Mine is Twinkletoze. The Twinkle part must speak very loudly Twinkletoze has been collecting furniture for some time now. I plan to build her a home and no dollhouse seems quite right. I never thought of building her a house like yours. Now, it is making me think...yep...It could be what Twinkletoze has been looking for You will no doubt love it here. It is the best forum, ever Have fun, Morgan
  24. I had no choice but to be doing anything and everything but acknowledge my birthday. The incredibly sweet posts by all of you were appreciated and enjoyed more than you can imagine. This was the absolute perfect year for an online birthday party And while I have you all gathered here picture this I was given money (yea!) for my birthday and just put it away in my wallet for...guess...ok, no guessing needed. Spring Fling! Now, for the picture this part. I bet every one of you was happy for me. Imagine people who don't get us thinking me spending all of my birthday money on a dollhouse is exciting or heck, even sane. I'm really excited by what Selkie said about Dean being around recently. It's such a tradition that this contest has zero predictability that it's fun to find clues as to the details of an announcement. Selkie is the queen of observation in this one. Thanks Selkie!
  25. Susanne, I enjoyed hearing how Missymew is loved and treated. I am part of a family who treats their pets as members of the family equal to everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to think we go overboard No, we don't hoard and none of our animals have wardrobes that fill walk in closets. But, I can certainly tell you about how pampered the dogs in our family are. My parents dogs have their own air conditioned van and go out for breakfast on a regular basis. Our dogs...well, they are the cutest dogs in the world I build 99% of each dollhouse with one of my girl dog in my lap. She is known to sit on what I am working on to get my attention. Her brother wipes his feet after he goes outside and understands far too much. As in, you don't say ANYTHING you don't want him to hear because he WILL understand and react. Point being, I believe you can add me to the list of people who respect you for loving your cat as a valued member of the family and not just your pet. The very best to your family as you deal with this aging process. Missymew is a very well blessed kitty. Morgan A two dog Mom