morgansmith

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Posts posted by morgansmith

1. Thank you Debra for posting this. And Selkie, the links, you rock :) What a fantastic paintbrush.

We don't often discuss our smaller tools and tips for using them or anything. I appreciate information like this. I love using the internet for shopping and the forums recommendations are the only consumer report I need :)

Since this is a paintbrush tip, I will post it here. I recently figured something helpful out. When I grout (egg carton brick and rock), I like to use a paintbrush. The BEST brush by far has been a cheap kids paintbrush. The sturdy construction and stiff bristles work out really well.

• Like 4
  2. I really like your thinking. The kitchen/dining and parlor/sitting for the ground floor. The parlor sitting room or master sitting room could do double duty as a library if you like books. The childrens room could be attic like.

I like old movies for inspiration. 30's and 40's movies had a lot of the late 1800's influence because it was like the 60's and 70's are now for many of us. Just yesterday :)

Good luck and don't forget to post pictures :)

3. The pantry, which is like a butlers pantry, I think, is supposed to have a sink, I think :) And it most certainly makes sense to me. As for a laundry sink in the pantry, it also makes sense to me to have a giant sink for washing the giant pots and pans one might find in such a big house.

What a project! It's fun to see the pictures and hear what you are doing. Thanks for posting all of this :)

4. Thanks Blondie! Glad to help :)

You've inspired me plenty of times!

Now I'm deciding what to do next :hmm:

Well, you BOTH inspire me :) I'm thinking about a half scale Chantilly next. Another mouse house of course. It would make three in a row. Crazy! I never do that. Last years fling is the home to 5 mice :) Truth be told, I'd rather do a Buttercup again next but I have the Chantilly.

Debora, don't be surprised if everyone starts trying to do a roof like yours. That thing is awesome.

Anyone up for a Chantilly? :)

5. Sandy, I checked out that site. Some cute dolls. 1/2 scale, 1:12 children and kits are much less than $65. This means for some of us on a tighter budget, look! I was impressed with the selection in the lower prices.

I spent the day enjoying life. Looking at pictures, ordering mini's :) Basically, just looking for reasons to smile :)

6. Yea! I ordered the rope bed today :) and a surprise for Mayzi and her baby girl. That's right, my little mouse finally spoke up and told me her name. It was an accident she's not too happy about. For some reason, she seems very timid. I think she pretended not to like this house at first because she wants it so very badly. Maybe she will know how important she is to me when she sees the surprise present that will arrive in the box with her rope bed :) something else she has mentioned. She probably thinks I didn't notice, but I did. The present is...well, it's cheezy. You'll find out soon enough the rest of that truth :) I have to keep it a secret :)

• Like 1
  7. Wow! What a great report from everyone this morning. No, life isn't all good but it's good to hear from you all.

Helen, I thought about Deb when you wrote me about your memory challenges. Sounds like she's been through something very similar. I have, but haven't. I experienced a rough time following a car accident/head injury. It's an awful feeling to reach for a bottle of water and ask someone to hand you the panda bear :) Fortunately, these things can be worked with. I wish I would have had this forum then. No doubt, someone would have understood.

Selkie, last weekend we just were talking with my Dad about when he had the laundry moved for my Mom. He said it proved he had been good to her. Ha! I reminded him that while he was good to her, moving the washer and dryer out of HIS motorcycle repair area in the garage was most certainly NOT done for Mom. Men!!! It has made me have all kinds of comical visions about your situation.

Kathie- Safe and happy journeys!

On that note, I think I will get ready to go visit my Daddy :) All of you have a wonderful weekend.

8. Planned obsolescence at its finest! Never happened years ago when you could count on things to last -- not to mention, who ever heard of "Made in China"? Made in the USA was standard, as was getting your money's worth from a product!

Planned obsolescence has been a favorite topic of mine for a very long time. Right along with 'man is the master of his own demise'. That's a wonderful thing about miniatures. We get to make things how we want them. No codes or anything, just our own desire to do it right.

9. Grazhina,

I can't express strongly enough how impressed I am with your amazing attitude. You have too much happening to smile through it all, no doubt, but I sure hear you making a 1000% effort. Bless you! I very much hope this is all a part of things getting 'darkest before the dawn' for you. To begin, things going this well for your son and you getting medical help through other medical issues. I wish you all the very best and will keep you in my prayers.

Morgan

10. Sorry about the washing machine, Deb! Why can't these appliances just come with a black flag that pops up and says - I'll be Dead Tomorrow Afternoon at 3:00!- so we don't get them loaded and ready to go before we know they won't go??? Like the microwave that dies just as you're getting something ready for a meal - the washing machine full of water and clothes - the dryer full of wet laundry. Without Grandma's clothesline, what do you do with a pile of wet clothes??

My cars tend to break down when the gas tank is full.

• Like 2
  11. For many years I have dreamed about winning the lottery and inviting all of my friends on a cruise. Imagine the mini vacation we could have on a cruise ship :) A spa day, mini classes, who knows?

I am LOVING these personality pics. Great stuff you guys!

12. Yes, I agree. It is my expectations. 'nuff said from me - no, too much said from me. Sorry.

Don't apologize. We are ALL having a difficult time with the Fling schedule. I learned many years ago some saying I can't remember about adjusting my expectations when possible. I wasn't trying to reprimand anyone. I was trying to encourage everyone and didn't get the point out well :( My sorry :(

Expectations: I am, as I said, warming up for the fling :) My mouse house is going strong and I have another build in progress and one in the planning stages for a half scale project. All three projects are practice for fling. If the fling appeals, yea! If it doesn't, I'm good to go. I quit expecting it to happen I guess :(

And honestly, especially Selkie, I meant no disrespect. Maybe my disappointment shows when people get discouraged. I love to fling and hate to think any of my fling friends might drop out :(

13. An ebay win just arrived. A brass bed with this tag attached to the mattress. Hmm...exactly who does the law think will be sleeping in this bed??? My laugh for the day. Still smiling in fact.

PS- in case you can't see it, the tag says 'do not remove under penalty of law'.

And PSS- I found a Greenleaf Village, complete, at the thrift store today. 4.99. We went to look for one thing and no luck. I headed out and said to my husband 'I'm going to go check that one aisle. Maybe they have a dollhouse kit'. He laughed. I found one there once in ten years. Sure enough, there was a village. Guess I'm smiling about that too :)

post-6430-0-20080700-1401251760_thumb.jp

• Like 2
  14. Umm...Sandy...I felt the same as you. And Selkie can't stand the heat either. The thought of triple digits stresses me out terribly. But, it's all about the fact we can chat about our likes and dislikes in a fun manner :) It's all good! Please Sandy, say what you want. It's fine :)

• Like 2
  15. It seems to me, the problem is in our expectations, not with Greenleaf. I am having a wonderful time 'warming up' for the Fling. My half scale Buttercup is loving this. If and when the Fling is announced, hopefully I will be well prepared :)

• Like 1