0 Neutral

About rybakj52

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Real Name
    Jacci
  • Country
    United States
  1. yeah, I was wondering how to get around the fact that it was sealed. . . What do people do with real furniture? My dad said I could probably get a chemical that would strip it but I don't really know what he was talking about
  2. I found a piece of mini furniture I really like at a flea market yesterday and when I got home I realized that it totally didn't match the rest of the bedroom. Is there anyway I can easily stain a piece of oak furniture walnut? Key word here being easily since I'm pretty new to all this and am finding out that I'm not as crafty as I previously thought I was.
  3. I literally haven't done a thing with mine. Between finals, vacation, and my last minute decision to stay on campus so I could take summer courses, I haven't even seen my house in at least a month. Its pretty safe to stay that I'm out of the running at this point
  4. Sorry everyone, I had a lot of coursework the last few weeks. She hasn't figured it out yet and I don't go home until June. We've been skyping but it was pretty hard. I decided we should start off easier so I'm showing her how to make tables and chairs. Thank you all for your help though!!
  5. I had them same problem! I was so confused because this is my first time building anything!! The first and second floors are mislabeled. Switch them and put the tabs on the top of the entryway into the slots in the "first floor" which is really the second floor. See how it overhangs now?
  6. we've looked online and they do have tutorials but they either look very primitive or the directions don't make sense and theres only a couple of pictures. shes tried popsicle sticks and a skewer using bits of a straw to space them and it actually came out pretty well but it didnt have a railing and after a few days the stairs fell off :wub:
  7. Hi everyone! So my little sister is trying to build a spiral staircase for her dollhouse from scratch, but is having a hard time figuring out how. She's had several (failed) attempts and I don't want her to get discouraged. Does anyone know an easy (and affordable) way to do this? It feels like its so hard for me to help her when I'm so far away :wub:
  8. I got mine on Wednesday, dry fitted in like an hour, and have been on the couch staring at it since. Its so BIG!! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. If dollhouses talk then mine must have a multiple personality disorder because it won't make up its mind on what it is! I absolutely love it though :wub:
  9. So I totally didnt get the email. Is there a coupon code?
  10. Thanks for the info! :hug: I had been putting it off because I was afraid that I would get the kit and then want to add something else to it and have to pay for more shipping! I wish we had all known this earlier.
  11. Hmmmm Its definitely an amazing kit with a lot of potential, but I haven't got a game plan quite yet. I feel like its been whispering to me but in my experience, houses shout Thank you Dean!
  12. Its posted in the company store, but not on the forum yet. p.s. seeing the kit just made me more overwhelmed. too many options = too many ideas
  13. You know what, I sign up for their emails but I don't think I ever got one. I should probably go check in on that. Thanks for the help!!
  14. Hi everyone! I just popped over to manor house to place an order and I thought I'd purchase a grab bag but there aren't any!! What gives? I was just over there earlier in the week browsing until my paycheck went through, and now that I have money they have no grab bags. There was definitely a link to them earlier in the week and now I can't find it. Does anyone know what happened? I only just heard of manor house so I don't know if they only have grab bags once and a while or if it was a standard thing to order.