• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Karen
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,429 profile views
  1. I have built Garfields. I can possibly help. What are you trouble with?
  2. This dollhouse is amazing. I got to see it when I was at Windsor Castle years ago. It's definitely worth visiting if you have the chance.
  3. I have a horrible time with the directions. I treat my dollhouses as puzzles. I find which pieces I need from the directions and then treat them as a puzzle until I get them correct. I do lots of dry fitting and never glue anything until I'm sure I have it correct.
  4. I have, and he is. His other favorite activity is to climb up the stairs in my Garfields- No small feat for an 11 lb. cat.
  5. I have had some luck with velcroing thin sheets of plastic to the backs of some smaller dollhouses to keep my cats out. I have also tried plexiglass that I could slide in and out of tracks that I made from wood trim. Mr. Kitty got those off because he has fine motor skills above and beyond the average cat. It would probably be safe with a bird though.
  6. This house has a lot of space and possibilities. If you're feeling brave, I would recommend increasing the size of the windows upstairs so that you can use real windows. The upstairs windows are small and low. I used square windows because the standard windows won't fit.
  7. I have an X-Acto knife kit that I use heavily, especially, for making small cuts like increasing window size. I cut a little bit at a time until I get a deep enough cut to cut through the wood. The largest blade can handle a good bit of force. The key is to buy X-Acto and not a cheaper imitation. I made that mistake once or twice. The imitations are weak and useless.
  8. Thank you for sharing a look at the fruits of your amazing talent. Each house is so unique and creative.
  9. You can also list it on Ebay as a local pickup only. It's not hard to set up an account.
  10. Welcome! The Garfield is a great house to start with. I have built/ am building four of them as part of a giant castle. Despite its size, I have found it one of the easier dollhouses to build. You may want to consider painting or partially wallpapering and flooring before you put it all together as some of the areas are a bit tricky to reach. Otherwise, it is a very forgiving house with a lot of flexibility in design. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy!
  11. I wish I did have some suggestions for you. I must confess after weeks of soaking and scoring with no luck, I finally gave up and sold my Lily. I hope you have better luck than me. It's a cute house.
  12. Welcome! I think you have to have five posts before you can attach photos.
  13. I use these resin dolls in my 1920s dollhouse. They're about to sit down to a formal dinner before going out for the evening. On a funny side note- I've been looking everywhere for those cups below the radio. I guess I finally found them. 😅
  14. I found this on Amazon. It was an inexpensive one that you build yourself, but it looks nice and seems sturdy. It was also easy to build.
  15. Like many builders, I have cats that make it difficult to fully decorate my dollhouses. So, when I saw this cabinet, it seemed like the perfect solution. Originally, I thought I would use it just to display furniture and items not currently being used in my houses, but now I'm leaning more towards making room boxes out of the shelves using cardboard covered in wallpaper for backdrops. Pardon the image quality. I have a hard time finding a resolution that looks good on this forum.