• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Karen
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

717 profile views
  1. Crackle paint

Hi, I assume you're asking regarding crackle paint.  I've used it before.  I don't recall if it is thick but follow the directions exactly as they are on the container and it should turn out.  The only time it didn't for me is when I didn't follow the process exactly.  
  2. How to paint a house

Paint the ceilings before you put it together.  It's hard to go back and paint them later.  (Speaking as the person who always forgets to paint her ceilings.)
  3. 5a79e59608ca0-gazebodemolition.JPG

I feel your pain.  I have a one-cat wrecking ball.  I've given up kitten-proofing for him because no matter what I do he finds something else to get into or break.  He's strong too so closed doors, cabinets, fireplace screens, etc. are no obstacle for him.  His first time in a dollhouse as a kitten, he tried to climb through a tower window on my Garfield (fortunately only taped for dry-fitting), got stuck and dragged the whole tower with him around the room until I caught him.  It deterred him for awhile but not long enough.  He's done more destruction than my other two cats combined. :P
  4. rsz-gesso-prints.jpg

Mine drive me nuts when they try to "help."  I have to admit, though, that as much as I hate when they get in the houses, it does look hilarious to see the a "giant" cat in amongst all of the miniatures. 
  5. Blast from the Past

This is the story of my life.  Of course, I usually think more of the Jaws theme music when my cats get in the houses.   
  6. Stairs with runner and rods

I love the ribbon idea!  It looks great!  
  7.   Thank you for this information.  I haven't gotten to this point yet, but I'm sure that I would have done the same thing.  I love Greenleaf houses, but the directions and schematics often test my reading comprehension skills.
  8. Garfield house

I would recommend decorating and wiring as you go before you glue things permanently.  There are a lot of places that can be difficult to get to in the Garfield.  I would also recommend leaving the balcony doors removable in the stair area because this area is particularly tricky to access once the house is complete.  
  9. The Garfield project

I have built two Garfields.  The second one is at the decorating stage so I'll be happy to help if you have any questions (if I can).
  10. BeaconHill-parlour-wip5.jpg

I love your ceiling and wall paneling.  
  11. Miniature Designs Purchases

I've ordered online from them before.  They have some unique, hard-to-find items.
  12. Rutherford Dollhouse Kt

I built one about 25 years ago so I'm not sure I can help too much other than to say that you wouldn't have wanted those shingles anyway.  They were an 1/8 inch thick and a pain to cut.  I gave up after doing one side of the tower.  I did find this link to someone's post from a long time ago, and they have pictures of the directions.  I hope it's helpful.  It is a great dollhouse with large rooms.  
  13. Looks like I need to take a trip to the Smithsonian next weekend. Speaking of exhibits.  Has anyone been to see the KSB Collection in Kentucky?  I saw this on Mysteries at the Museum, and it looks fascinating. http://www.ksbminiaturescollection.com/
  14. Cats and Dollhouses

He is quite adorable.  I'm tempted someday to build my cats their own dollhouse to play in.  Then maybe they would leave mine alone.  LOL
  15. Cats and Dollhouses

That is quite a story although I hope my dollhouses never get such a revenge on my cats.   Of course, if I hadn't caught the Garfield, I may have had a squashed cat.   I do dread trying to remove splinters from cats' paws someday.  That would certainly be a Greenleaf revenge.