• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Karen
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

491 profile views
  1. Cardboard Mockup pt 2

Thanks.  I'm an Amazon junkie so I can get a lot of cardboard.  LOL
  2. Cardboard Mockup pt 2

Wow!  That's going to be quite a house.  I love the cardboard mock-up idea.  I need to connect two houses with a narrow hall in the future, and I have been trying to figure out how to plan/test it to make sure my ideas would work.  Now I know from you how to do it.  Thanks!
  3. Make that the ultimate cutter.  There are also some other brands out there.
  4. I used the Midwest Products Hobby & Craft Super Easy Cutter for cutting wood strips.  It can cut several angles and is easy to use.  I've had a few of these and some work great while others don't cut as well, but they do have several angles to choose from.  I was just cutting through 1/4 by 1 1" wood so 1/4 by 1/4 would be no problem.  You can find it on Amazon, most dollhouse sites, and craft sites.
  5. Pat    Khadi

I think we were sisters in another life.....everything you've said is exactly what I've experienced...Thanks!!!! Pat

6. Burn out

I've gone years between dollhouses.  Sometimes, burnout, sometimes I want to spend time on other interests, and sometimes I just don't have the money.  I always end up coming back to it eventually though.
  7. Garfield Deal

If you have been thinking about building the Garfield (my favorite model), you might want to check it out on Amazon right now.
  8. BeaconHill-kitchen-1.jpg

I love your floor.  
  9. I didn't make it today.  I had to clean up water in my laundry room from all of the rain on Friday.  I have something to do tomorrow during the day but will try to stop by on my way home.  I hope you're having a good time.
  10. Photos of old fashion, general stores

I Google images and then copy and paste them into a PowerPoint so that  I have them all of them in one place and can easily flip through them for ideas.  
  11. The Living Room

Everytime I see the Madison, I think that it should be adapted into the tv house from "Little House on the Prairie".  
  12. I'd suggest foregoing the navy sweater with the temperatures this summer. LOL     Thanks for the information on the club.  I was wondering if there was anything in this area.  I'm not quite sure of my schedule for next weekend, but I'll send you a message to let you know day, I'll be coming.  
  13. Wow! This is less than a mile from my house, and I'll be teaching summer school about a block away.  I'm not signed up to attend, but I will definitely stop by for the public vendor sales on Saturday or Sunday.  Thanks for posting this. PS: I'd like to meet a fellow miniaturist if you would like to get together sometime.
  14. Frustrated

When I'm not sure if I'll like something (trim, etc.), I glue it in with a hot glue gun.  That way it is easy to remove it without damage if I don't like it.  When I make a final decision, I reglue it with tacky or wood glue.
  15. What a wonderful way to remember your grandparents and their home.  Great idea and great room box.